Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Aug 16, 2010.

1. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Kampf - If I were trying to trade one of your 3 QBs, my first choice to get rid of would be Rothliesberger. The easiest thing to do in my mind is look at who is weakest at QB but strong at WR, and maybe target their #2 WR. I would think a Rothliesberger for Bowe trade might get some traction, that's just a guess though.

_RL - I think the law firm is a good bet. While Floyd could do some damage, the Colts have had quite a few RBs score big points against them, so the safer bet seems to be the law firm.

I hate coming back for help twice in 1 week, but I'm having a tough time setting my WRs. I need to start 3 of:
    Larry Fitzgerald (v. Chiefs)
    Dwayne Bowe (v. Cards)
    Randy Moss (v. Redskins)
    Andre Johnson (v. Jets)

Last week I chose Moss over Bowe, and left about 30 points sitting on my bench. I also happen to be about 30 points out of 3rd place, so that hurt pretty good. This week I know I'm starting Bowe because he's on a hot streak of games, but I can make arguments to start or sit any of the other 3. I'm currently leaning towards sitting Moss, but he's going against the 2nd worst passing defense in the league. As usual, I appreciate the help.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's kind of funny, that's the exact trade I proposed earlier today.

3. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think this is going to be a weekly conundrum, but I wanted to get some feedback:

Brees or Garrard? Sure Brees has all of the fucking potential in the world to light shit up, but he's been an interception factory this year. My gut says that based on match-ups and having a greater running threat in JAX, that it's going to be a minimal point swing with whomever I put in. Thoughts?

Also, please tell me I'm not crazy: If you have Brady AND Vick, it's fucking trade time. My wife's team has AP and LOW THIRD OPTIONS (ie. started McGahee last week, Torraine injured, Johnathan Stewart busto) for running back. At this juncture (we lead our division 3 games ahead, #3 overall, playoffs week 13 I believe), trading one of those two for say a Jamaal Charles (or STRONG TWO type) and a scrub QB is MORE valuable than leaving a shit ton of points on the bench each week. Thoughts? But you know women "I don't wanna trade"

Really dude?

Monitor Floyd very, VERY closely over the next day or so, especially if it's an important game. If he's good (ie. YOU feel comfortable with his health), definitely start'em. If there's any doubt, sacrifice the PPR, and go with the firm. In a game like INDY/NE, you know Bellicheck is coming out with a balanced attack, against a bottom tiered rush defense.

Don't know if it's too late, but I would recommend KC. It's your best option and they should bounce back after that bloodbath last Sunday.

4. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My AP for picks trade got veto'd. Fuckers. Usually no one checks that shit but this week they did.

Thoughts/experiences on keepers leagues? This is my first year running a league and we're discussing making it a 1 or 2 player keeper league for next year. 12 team league

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently people aren't interested in a trade when they're already starting all stars like Derek Anderson and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Seriously? Anyway, could use a bit more help. For my flex spot should I start Mike Thomas or Fred Jackson? Both are coming off big weeks and I'm heavily favored this week (though I am every week and get fucked in the ass). I really can't afford to lose, especially since I jump the guy I'm playing if I win.

6. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have a matchup this week that I HAVE to win, because it's against my brother in law. We're both 6-4 on the season, tied for second in the division, and the loser most likely gets kicked out of the playoffs. Plus there's been an inordinate amount of shit-talking between us that goes so far as inducing suicidal thoughts on the other. It's getting pretty serious.

Here's the lineup:

Stafford Infection (me):
    QB: Peyton Manning
    WR: Larry Fitzgerald
    WR: Mike Wallace
    RB: Felix Jones
    RB: Jamal Charles
    TE: Vernon Davis
    WR/RB: Santana Moss
    K: Lawrence Tynes
    DEF: Dallas Cowboys

Schindler's Fist:
    QB: Matt Shaub
    WR: Calvin Johnson
    WR: Reggie Wayne
    RB: BenJarvis Green-Ellis
    RB: Keiland Williams
    TE: Zach Miller
    WR/RB: Stephen Jackson
    K: Adam Vinateri
    DEF: New Orleans Saints

He's probably gonna kill me. I'm projected to win by three points, but that's never helped in the past.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gore is such a worthless cunt. He's getting out gained by his fucking QB. Now I'm down by 40 points. At least I still have Rivers and Orton to go Monday night. Here's hoping for a shootout.

8. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok... maybe I'm retarded but I can't figure out how to remove a bye week in the last week of the season on ESPN FF.

All teams have 2 bye weeks except two teams that for some reason have 3 each and they have them next week. Trying to make them play each other instead of being on the extra bye.

Suggestions?

9. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My team is set but after a flip-flop with scoring I'm a little perplexed about who to start this week at QB.

I've got:

Peyton Manning @ San Diego

Michael Vick @ Chicago

ESPN projects 20 pts for each one which is great but who do you think has a better chance at actually hitting/beating that #? I pay zero attention to either the Chargers or Bears so I'm in the dark.

Thanks.

10. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd go with Vick. San Diego has allowed the least passing yards/game of any team in the NFL. And they have the most Sacks.

11. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My opinion is to go with Vick. Normally, I would never bench Manning, but a few things:

1) San Diego's defense has been surprisingly stout, despite the fact that their special teams is god awful and their offense spent most of the first half of the season giving the ball away like it was herpes.
    2) Vick has the legs to get you rushing yards, which are always worth more than passing yards.

Now, if it is standard scoring (10 rushing yards = 1 point), I'd venture to guess that Vick will be good for at least 30 to 50 rushing yards, which is 3 to 5 points right there. He also tends to take it in himself when he gets into the red zone, so a rushing TD isn't out of the question (it is, however, almost out of the question for Manning). If your league does 4 points for passing TDs and 6 points for rushing TDs (as most standard scoring leagues do), this makes Vick much more valuable than Manning in that regard. Finally, Vick has DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to throw to. Peyton's receivers consist of Reggie Wayne and whomever happens to not have had their legs crippled over the past two months.

Long story short: Go with Vick. Better matchup and just a more dangerous weapon at this point. Vick has a much higher ceiling.

12. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, so I need some help with my fantasy team. This week is make-or-break for me. Win and I still have a shot at the playoffs (albeit an outside one). Lose and I am eliminated. So, here is my lineup:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
    WR: Greg Jennings
    WR: Jeremy Maclin
    WR: Braylon Edwards
    RB: LeSean McCoy
    RB: LeGarrette Blount
    TE: Dustin Keller
    K: Janikowski
    Def: Cleveland (against Carolina)

Now, here is my delema: I currently have Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead on my bench, and both of them are playing Detroit. I feel like they've got a good chance to do well this week, so I really want to put them in, but for who? Jennings and McCoy are both in, and I can't imagine not playing Maclin (every time I don't, he explodes, but he has been really good anyway).

So do I replace Braylon or Blount? Also, in Yahoo leagues Woodhead has both RB and WR eligibility, so I can replace anyone with Woodhead.

Any advice before Thursday would be awesome and appreciated.

13. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ron Mexico likes this transition.

But yeah, I'd go with Vick too.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something to pay attention to is that Brady has missed practice and is listed as questionable. Obviously there's Belichick's history of fucking with the injury report to consider, but if Brady doesn't play the value of both Welker and Woodhead go way down.

15. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last minuet advice. I'm in a must win situation and I need to start a strong flex player.

Brandon Jackson (who has been ice cold)

Donald Brown (plays SD and doesn't get goalline carries)

Percy Harvin (Rice is back and Minn stinks)

Any advice? I'm really leaning towards Harvin.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd say definitely go with Harvin. Minnesota sucks to be sure, but he's still having a pretty good season. Even with Rice back he'll get some looks and usually plays well.

17. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well, with Andre Johnson looking at a likely 1 game suspension for getting a couple punches in on Cortland Finnegan, I'm going to need a fill in at WR this week. Unfortunately, my previously strong bench currently sucks ass.

I have Randy Moss (utterly worthless) and Mike Williams of Seattle (injured). I'm hoping Williams will be back, especially with the Seahawks going against the Panthers next weekend. But the likelihood is that I'm going to have to look to the waiver wire. My best options are probably:

Jacoby Jones (may get Johnson's targets)
    Deion Branch
    Roy Williams

Anyone have any advice on making the best out of this shit sandwich? Thanks

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm glad I ignored everyone's advice and started Manning over Vick this week. After watching he and Brady go tit for tat and each score an ass load of points I figured Manning and Rivers will do the same (or at least I hope).

Looks like I make the playoffs but just as important I need to start figuring out which (2) players I'm going to keep for my keeper team.

P. Manning
    Arian Foster
    Peyton Hillis
    Mike Vick

Decisions, decisions.

19. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yea, that's shaping up to be a brilliant decision. 3 Interceptions and counting.

20. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I needed 12 combined points from Gore, V. Davis and SF D last night. That's a lock right? Right?

Instead of clinching the division ($75 prize, 1st round bye), I'm now in danger of being left out of the playoffs. Fuck.