Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I figured I was out of the playoffs entirely after losing this week, but it turns out that I'm tied with another guy, fighting for the last playoff spot. We're tied except for the fact that he has a 1.2 point PFA, adn we're playing each other this week.

No pressure.

2. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Alright, need outside help on this one. I'm 7-5 on a two game skid and I'm playing our #1 who is 9-3.

QB's, RB's and TE is all set this week. The fun comes with WR's. It's a 10 team league normal Yahoo points.

Here are all my WR's:

Bowe, Fitzgerald, Ward, Danny Amendola (STL #2), and Mike Thomas (JAC #1/2 depending on Sims-Walker). I have 2 questions for you guys:

1) Johnny Knox (Bears #1 WR) is available and I'm considering dropping Hines Ward or Amendola for him. Good move? If so, who would you pick to drop?

2) Who the FUCK do I start? Right now I'm leaning towards Bowe (obviously), Fitzgerald, and Amendola. Ward is @ Baltimore and Thomas may be dropped to #2 if Sims-Walker returns. If I pick up Knox for Ward, though, I could replace Amendola with him.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd pick up Knox (and drop Amendola) since he is playing DET this week, and start Bowe, Knox, and Fitzgerald, all of which have favorable matchups this week. Personally I'm not a fan of the Bear's passing situation, but it looks like Cutler & Co. might get on a roll here, especially vs. weak, division foes this week, who are out for blood after the controversy in their first matchup.

Just my $0.02.

4. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This week, I am playing in the most important game of my fantasy football career. I am tied with my opponent this week, and the winner gets the last spot in the playoffs.

It's a 12-team league, PPR, standard scoring.

Lineup options are as follows:

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 DT
    1 QB 1 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 DT
    1 QB 2 RB 1 WR 2 TE 1 PK 1 DT
    1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 2 TE 1 PK 1 DT

Here's the my roster, bolds indicate definite starters this week:

Drew Brees
    Josh Freeman
    Matt Forte
    Cedric Benson
    Keiland Williams
    Brian Westbrook
    Brandon Lloyd
    Miles Austin
    Mike Wallace
    Dez Bryant
    Derrick Mason
    Todd Heap
    Visanthe Shiancoe
    Shayne Graham
    Chicago Bears
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

So, I need 2 from the non-bolded above.

My initial thoughts are to go with Derrick Mason and Shiancoe, Mason cause he seems to be the new Anquan Boldin in Baltimore, and Shiancoe because I love me some TE playing against Buffalo. On the other hand, it seems risky to go with 2 receiving options against the Steelers, and Shiancoe has been mostly a bust lately. Wallace is always a threat to go big, but he's been shut down pretty good of late. Additionally, I feel like I need to take into account that over his last 4 games against Green Bay, Westbrook has AVERAGED 150 from scrimmage.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

5. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd avoid Westbrook. He's not 100% and going to be sharing carries with Davis. I lost Gore in my league, but I opted to skip over Westbrook and instead pick up Bush, just because Bush gets a ton of throws too and in PPR, that never hurts.

I agree with Brees.
    Same with Forte.
    I lean a bit towards Benson. Saints run defense isn't great, but their pass d is. I figure the Bengals will give Benson the ball a bit more than usual.
    Lloyd is a no-brainer.
    I'd start Wallace.
    Bears D makes sense.
    I'm indifferent between Shiancoe and Heap. Start one of them, not both. Don't do a 2TE lineup option.

I like:
    Brees
    Forte
    Benson
    Llyod
    Wallace
    Shiancoe
    Graham
    Bears

6. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm about to vomit. I need Mike Wallace, Ray Rice, and Ladainian Tomlinson to get me 39.5 pts to make it to the championship game. I mean, is Ray Rice even the starting fucking Running Back for baltimore?

7. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, in my $40 league, I am 5-7, and there are 3 teams that are 6-6. I am in 8th, with the 6-6 teams in 7th, 6th, and 5th. There are 6 playoff spots, and I have at least 100 more points than every one of them. I've also wrapped up a win for today.

So, all I need is for two of the 6-6 teams to lose. One of them has already lost.

The other two are so close it is scary. One is 86 to 85.50, and I need the guy with 85.50 to win. Guy with 85.50 has Nick Folk left, while guy with 86 still has Santonio Holmes. I think I'm fucked here.

The other one isn't quite as close, yet. Its 89 to 61, and I need the guy with 61 to win. He still has Tom Brady and Deion Branch, while guy with 89 has Aaron Hernandez. Bottom line? I need Brady to hit Branch a lot, and all but ignore Hernandez. This is unlikely.

Unfortunately, I think that will make 2 leagues where I came up short on the playoffs by one spot (the other being the TiB Free league).

8. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm wondering if anybody's heard anything about how the Broncos' coaching change is going to affect their offense.

I need a win this week to make the playoffs and have Orton, Lloyd and Moreno on my roster (@ARI). Obviously I'm starting the first two, but my other RBs are MJD (OAK) and Forte (NE). Arizona's a great matchup and after seeing what the Pats defense did on Monday I'm a little wary of putting Forte out there. Should this new coach have any impact on the number of touches Moreno's gonna see this weekend?

9. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The interim coach was the running backs coach prior to getting the interim gig, so its logical to think that the Broncos could lean a little heavier on the running game. Obviously I wouldn't sit MJD, but an argument could be made that Moreno may do better this week than Forte. I personally would still probably start Forte, but I'm a Bears fan and I think the Pats will have a bit of a letdown game because of the short week and the emotional comedown from playing the Jets. I think overall, Forte and Moreno will have close to the same production in terms of yards, it just depends on who you think will get in the end zone.

10. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

First week of the playoffs. Need some lineup advice.

QB - Rivers
    RB - SJax
    RB - Jacobs, Choice, or Mike Goodson
    Flex - Colston
    WR - Roddy
    WR - Mike Williams (TB)
    TE - Marcedes Lewis or Pettigrew
    D - Packers or Titans
    K - Carpenter

Any and all thoughts on the bolded positions would be appreciated.

11. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Pick one of each:

WR's: Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, or Johnny Knox (leaning towards Knox)

DEF: Cleveland (@ BUF (safe choice)) or Denver (@ ARI (rookie QB, risky)).

12. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm starting Foster and Turner, but I'm undecided on my flex. Should I go with Bradshaw or Blount?

Also, my WRs are in shambles. Nicks and Harvin may play this weekend, but if they don't, I have to choose between Roy Williams, Mike Thomas, and Larry Fitzgerald (against Champ Bailey most likely). Harvin has been annoying all year to own as we have KR yardage in our league, so he is a must play for that reason. Nicks' injury is funny as it has no chance of being reaggravated this week, but he will be playing with an open wound on his league. I don't trust the other 3, but with circumstances as they are, I'm leaning towards Williams and Fitzgerald.

NOTE: I am 10-3 with 3 weeks left (no playoffs). I am playing the only 9-4 team, and have 1 victory against him already. If I win this week, I'm guaranteed $200. If I lose, I'll face him again in Week 16.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PLay Blount. Washington is fucking awful right now, and their defense has been giving up a lot of rushing yards lately. Blount is a guy I have in my 12 team, $40 where I just made the playoffs by the skin of my teeth (snuck in when two of the teams above me lost, and I won), and I'm thinking (hoping) Blount will be this year's Jamaal Charles.

14. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This is my lineup for the first week of our playoffs. 1 point per reception by the way.

[​IMG]

I am concerned about the flex position. What do you guys think? I have Floyd there but I have a feeling the LawFirm might be a better play.

Thanks.

15. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think GreenEllis will be that good. Chicago doesn't give up a lot of ground yards, and most yards that WRs get is through receptions. If anything, Woodhead is lined up for a pretty big day, as I get the feeling that the Bears are going to stop the run and play deep (or the weather will make long-throws difficult), forcing Tom Brady to dump it off short all day. I see Welker and Woodhead having a pretty big day, as I think Tom Brady will dump it off in hopes if getting a bunch of yards after catch.

Buffalo has been a fairly solid offense most of the year. Its like you say: Cleveland is a safer choice, but I could easily see at least one, potentially more, pick-sixes against a really poor QB in Arizona. I guess it depends: Do you absolutely NEED a huge game out of your defense? If so, go with Denver and pray. If you are happy just getting 6 to 10 points from your D, go with Cleveland.

As for the first question, I'd avoid Fitty. Unlike Calvin Johnson, it actually does matter who is throwing the ball to Fitzgerald. Plus, I think Fitzgerald will have Champ Bailey blanketing him all day. With it between Ward and Knox, watch the weather in Chicago very closely. If the weather is shit, snowy and windy, go with Ward. If the weather is decent, go with Knox.

The weather is likely going to be completely shitty, so I'm thinking Ward is the safe play there.

16. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in the Playoffs, because of injury I'm forced to pick between Cadillac Williams or Mike Thomas for my flex spots. It is .5 a reception so Cad might not be a bad start, he could get some garbage screens at the end of the game. Washington sucks.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry, dude. I wouldn't touch Cadillac. Blount is clearly the man in Tampa Bay, now.

Scour your waiver wire. Who is the new guy in Green Bay? Starks? They're speculating he'll get the first and second down carries from now on. Your best bet might be a waiver-wire grab.

18. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit ass fuck shit ass.

I forgot to check on Gates and he's inactive. In a fucking playoff match. FUCK. At least the guy i'm going against had Aaron Rodgers... though TO going for 1 catch for 2.2 yards isn't exactly helping. Of course, I could have just played it safe and gone with Kellen Winslow's 13 points, but nooo, I had to wait on Gates like an asshole. FUCK.

19. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Alright guys, I somehow wormed my way into the playoffs at 8-5 as a 3 seed, and I just won the first round. That means if I win one of the next two games (either the 3rd place game or the semis, which I'm in now) I win some cash. Which is great because a). I never paid the $150 buy in, and b). I have less than $150 to my name.

Here's the matchup (I'm Stafford Infection):
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? On the bench is Jonathan Steward, Brandon Pettigrew, Chester Taylor, Clinton Portis (who's out), Matt Moore and Marion Barber. Yeah, I don't know how I made it this far either.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My main thoughts are:

I don't trust Fitzgerald. More accurately, I don't trust anyone who throws to Fitzgerald. Plus Carolina's run defense is awful. I see Arizona leaning on that running game very, very heavily, and Fitty won't get much. Because of that, I suggest you put Santana Moss into the WR spot, and put Jonathan Stewart into the W/R flex position. I know its hard to drop Fitty, who you probably drafted pretty high, but still.

On his side, I have zero confidence in Jahvid Best. He isn't even really getting the touches anymore, and their offense is falling flat recently. Bowe depends entirely on who his QB is. If he gets Cassel back, he might be a threat. If not, he will be all but worthless (I have Bowe on my team, so I am praying for Cassel to return). I see Tennessee getting up quick on Houston, then running the shit out of the ball, so CJ will see a lot of touches and probably pass 100 yards. Obamanu was just injured, so who knows if he'll return. Finally, I don't trust T.O. much either.

Honestly, neither team looks very good, I'm kind of surprised either of you have gotten as far as you have. That being said, I'd give you a slight advantage, based on the fact that Peyton is facing a pretty bad pass defense, and they are desperate for a win, so Peyton will be chucking it.

Quite frankly, you'll go as Peyton goes. If Peyton has a shit game, you're fucked. If Peyton goes off like I think he will (3 TDs, 300 yards), you'll win.

Fuck, I hope Peyton has a shit game. I'm playing against a guy who has Peyton in the only Money league where I am still alive, and I really need to win to try to salvage some cash from this season.