Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Thread 2011

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Arms Akimbo, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Jay-Bird

Jay-Bird
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Non ppr.

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw on ESPN that Wes Welker had a neck injury, but is practicing. Start or plug in Deion Branch or Eric Decker (ugh) for a game?

Welker hasn't been doing too hot the past few games....

3. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Chicago or Philly defense this week?

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd go with Chicago since they create a lot of turnovers (bears +4 in TO margin, eagles at -7), and Philadelphia is probably going to have a hard time stopping Forte. I hope the bears defense stinks it up since I have Maclin, but Chicago is the better play here. Both teams have pretty suspect pass protection so I'd call it a wash in the sack department. Word to the wise though, dump Philly's defense and strengthen your depth at another position.

5. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Darrius Heyward Bey must have spat in Carson Palmer's coffee or something. He has disappeared from the Raiders offense despite being in the middle of a breakout year. Even last night he was on the field for all but six offensive snaps, and what did he have to show for it? Nothin'.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously. I have no idea what to do with him. This game, he's on the field but sees no balls. The previous game, he had 24 snaps, compared to 50+ for Ford & Moore. Hell, TJ Houshmanzadeh is seeing more burn than DHB. Even Champ Bailey is confused. And this comes on the heels of 4 games where he averaged almost 100 yards.

I don't know when it becomes OK to just cut the cord on this guy.

Need to start three of these guys:

B. Jacobs (vs. SF, Bradshaw is doubtful)
    J. Battle (vs.DEN)
    J. Starks (vs. MIN)
    R. Mendenhall (vs. CIN)
    S. Holmes (vs. NE)

1 PPR. Battle is probably the surest bet. The rest are all frustratingly inconsistent, and it's always a shit show trying to pick who it'll be each week.

7. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'd go Battle, Mendenhall and Holmes. Holmes might have a good week, considering how bad the NE pass D is.

8. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Respectfully disagree. Battle is on the wrong side of the mountain, his production is dropping precipitously, and he's a one trick pony...once defenses are keyed up on him, that's that. I think he manages less than 50 yards again this week.

I know the matchup sucks, but I think you have to play Jacobs as the #3 behind Mendenhall and Holmes.

9. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I didn't watch the Chiefs-Dolphins game (final score 31-3), but I do know that KC was behind most of the game and probably throwing the ball a lot to catch up, correct me if I'm wrong. Who knows which KC team shows up against Denver: the team that beat the Chargers, or the team that lost to a then winless team. Jacobs does seem like a safer option on most weeks (when Bradshaw isn't playing), but that matchup against SF, who have not given up a rushing TD at home, makes me hesitant. I'm guessing that Jacobs gets more volume, so now that I think about it, I kind of agree with you.

Either way, it seems like a tough decision. ESPN, FFToday and some other sites have Jacobs and Battle next to each other in the rankings (in the 23rd/24th neighborhood). Flip a coin, I guess....

10. mikebegood

mikebegood
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm the commissioner in my league and I vetoed this trade before the deadline coming up Friday and now one of the traders is having a meltdown and is now asking for his money back, just wanted to get an outside opinion. 8 Team league, Top 4 make playoffs, standard rules except for 2 QB and .5 ppr.

Team A 1st place 9-1
    Gives up
    Michael Turner 135.8 total points/ 15.24 per game/8th at position/ 30th overall
    Dez Bryant 97.2 total points/ 12.02 per game/20th at position/ 70th overall
    Vernon Davis 77.4 total points/ 8.35 per game/ 11th at position/ 104th overall

Team B 5th place 4-6
    Gives up
    Mike Wallace 157.6 total points/ 15.76 per game/ 3rd at position/ 19th overall
    Jimmy Graham 154.3 total points/15.43 per game/ 1st at position/ 22nd overall
    Darren Sproles 145.6 total points/ 14.56 per game/ 7th at position/ 24th overall

All of Team B's traded players are on a bye this week, but considering he needs to win 3/4 just to have a shot at the playoffs, I don't understand how selling the farm just to win this week helps him.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a bad trade but I think it's in the range of acceptably stupid. It's not bad enough to be malicious or underhanded.

12. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in a 2 QB league, and my second QB spot has been a revolving door of suck.

Kolb -> Painter -> Gabbert -> Tarvaris Jackson.

I just picked up Tyler Palko (Cassel's backup) hoping that he'd be able to do something worthwhile against New England this weekend. Am I crazy for considering starting him over Jackson (@StL)?

13. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Nope. Chiefs are going to go down big, they're going down early, and the Pats' secondary is still terrible. I think you can start Palko over Jackson.

14. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I need to start three of the following four in a 12 team PPR:

Mike Tolbert
    James Starks
    Desean Jackson
    Larry Fitzgerald

Fitz is the obvious #1 there, and I'm thinking right now that I'd be smart to start Tolbert and Jackson, but Jackson's been pretty weak of late (when he plays) and while Starks has been a bust, TB is pretty bad against the run, so if I'm ever going to start him, this would be the week.

What do you guys think?

15. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Go with Jackson/Tolbert/Fitz. With Maclin out the only person Vince Young has to throw to will be Jackson/Avant. 75 yrds +TD prediction from me.

Attached Files:

16. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was able to pick up Kevin Smith immediately after his monster game. I normally have Ray Rice and RunDMC, but McFadden has been hurt so I've been filling in my RB2 spot with whatever I can. It's a non-PPR league.

So, now I have the following choices:

RB2, W/R, W/R.

Choose from:

Kevin Smith, Torrey Smith, Mike Wallace, Plax, Jackie Battle, Woodhead, Mark Ingram. ETA: Ahmad Bradshaw is available as a FA, so I can drop somebody and pick him up if need be. Jahvid Best is available, too.

I've got Kevin Smith, Torrey Smith and Mike Wallace in there now, but just wanted to double check with you guys.

OK, EDIT: I went ahead and picked up Bradshaw and Jahvid Best. I know they are both hurt right now, but they are available and I think I can live with them on my bench until they are healthy.

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah you have to put those three in right now. I don't know who you dropped to get those guys so I can't really give you advice on who to put in the other rb spot. Just to be clear you are playing Rice, right? The match up sucks, but he's a must play.

Jets22, I feel really bad for you if you played Palko. Is Ponder maybe available? He sucks but at least he's better than what you're thowing in there.

Currently riding a 6 game win streak looking to make it 7 this week. The guy in first is going to be hard to catch. He's got Rodgers, Fred Jackson (so lucky on this pick up) and LeSean McCoy. Needless to say he's way ahead of everyone in total points. Somehow he has Mike Wallace and Welker to top it off, with Gronkowski at TE. Fucking ridiculous.

18. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I play Rice every game he plays, regardless of matchup.

I dropped Jackie Battle and Woodhead. They were the two I could live without the easiest.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm on a 7 game winning streak and playing the first place team in the league right now, so a win will almost definitely lock up the top seed for me going into the playoffs. The problem? His team is ridiculously stacked and his first two players (Mccoy and Lynch) got a combined 50+ points already, which is a ton in our league as it is low scoring.

My two questions are:

Pettigrew vs NO
    or
    Dustin Keller vs WAS

I'm leaning towards Keller because while Pettigrew gets looks, he drops a ton of passes and just isn't a very good player. Keller has less passes thrown to him, but makes the most out of his opportunities. On the other hand Keller has Sanchez throwing to him.

Pick two:
    Jones-Drew vs SD
    Turner vs Houston
    Wells vs Dallas

I've still been sticking with MJD and Turner all year, but MJD is killing me. There's no PPR in this league so players have to find the end zone to put up big points. MJD looks like he could finish the season with 2000 scrimmage yards and only 7 TDs because everyone else on that offense is so bad. Beanie Wells killed it last week and manages to score more consistently. Turner has been good all year, but Houston's defense is a really tough match up.

Thoughts?

20. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I personally would go Pettigrew simply because that game just screams high scoring. Seems like Pettigrew could get extra points on that this week.

Turner is on the injury report with a groin injury, so this might be a smart week to sit him. The Houston defense has been pretty good this year, and he could be limited or even out, so I'd at least check on him before starting him.