Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Great Moments in RMMB [& TiB] History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaseballGuyCAA, Oct 19, 2009.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Ah LovelyBarbie. She wasn't a whore or anything. Noooooooope.

Add to that lot twinkletoes, who I believe is registered here now. After all the shit she got about her weight, that's gutsy. She came to the TMMB (I think it was that long ago???) posted her pic in a rate me type of thread and then, when the coyotes circled and smacked their lips at their prey, she went off the deep end.

Next up LTribbey, that's the one I remember most. The guy was a total poser, claimed to have slept with Kathy Griffin if I remember correctly. A TMMB member, a smart one did some digging and found the guy to have been lying about just about everything he'd ever posted, and proceeded to call him out. He stomped off in an embarrassing cloud of shame. I googled his name to check spelling and the very first link is one to his profile on Freak Safari. HA!

That just goes to show, telling outlandish lies will only get you caught.

Speaking of Freak Safari, another shinning moment. A bunch of regulars formed a click, if you will, they thought they were special and that the TMMB would fall apart without them. The mods began sniffing around. After realizing what was happening they started to fuck with the group, repping people as if it were them, changing posts and so on. Eventually they all got fed up. One mod, IamRob who was in trouble behind the scenes already for what I have no idea, decided to take the group of misfits, to his own Land of Misfit Toys and Freak Safari was born. They petitioned several TMMB members to come over to their forum because it was so much better. I must have been asked in upwards of 10 times. Finally I registered and took a look. What I found was pathetic. It was a very small group in a constant circle jerk. I haven't been to that place in a long long time but I'd imagine if I did, it's exactly the same as it was.

We must not forget that we are all here (99%) because of Tucker and the boards he facilitated. I've never really understood where all the anger and entitlement issues came from that were directed at him and his forum. So he shut it down? Well guess what? It was his to shut down whenever and for whatever reasons he choose. I'm thankful he had it up for the time it was and I know if it weren't for him and that place (and Chater) this place would not exist.

2. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saved one Tucker snippet from the Advice Board:

Possibly the best advice ever. There were all sorts of nuggets like that which are probably lost in oblivion now. So much gold on that board. I'd shell out dinero for a book that thoughtfully combined the stories and the philosophy. Max could be a Henry Miller. He may not have prose like Miller, but he has the unique viewpoint and the wild abandon.

As for Lovely Barbie, every now and then one of her cheap fuck videos will pop up on one of the free sites. She's even got a webpage: http://www.barely18barbie.com/. You know you've made it big time modeling when your homepage has a picture of your ass swallowing a length of beads.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, his posts were very insightful. Say what you want about the 'censoring' that went on over there, but for the most part Tucker wouldn't ban/delete someone disagreeing with him unless they were being a troll or just saying "I think it sucks."

Can he be unbanned? I think someone that contributed probably the most memorable moment in the history of this board deserves a voice.

I was always partial to

"if the glove fits, the girl's a whore"
    and
    "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a cheating whore girlfriend"

Just to be clear (since I've been asked) I'm not an admin over there, I've never registered there and wasn't even aware it existed until it was mentioned either here or on the RMMB about a year ago. It was funny to visit though and see posts from a bunch of active members I remembered from when I started reading TMMB back in the 2003 - 2004 time frame that seemed to just disappear.

4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was "invited over" to FS as well, and spent a month or two on that board. At that time I wouldn't call it pathetic, but it certainly wasn't RMMB. I had forgotten about that board for awhile, then a couple of months ago I checked it out and it was exactly as you described - threads consisting of typically no more than 6 posters going back and forth, almost like a little club. I thought it seemed odd, and I opened up some more threads, to find that there never seemed to be more than a dozen people posting in a thread, and usually far less. I still think some of the folks there are amusing (and one is also prominent on the TiB), but it really is just sad now.

5. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Re: Great Moments in RMMB History

You forgot Rockwulf... Holy shit that guy was a tool. I still can't believe Tuckerfest even happened and worse yet that I lived (at the time) close enough to make a trip out of it. In retrospect I would have loved to have been there, even just to be a fly on the wall, jesus that would have been a shitstorm... I still have have the xgatax and Joe picture burned into my retinas.

My favorite moment of the TMMB will always be the rise and fall of RoshKoch. A fat loner virgin who gained the tiniest bit of fame as a local wrestler, nuts on a passed out girls leg, moves to San Antonio the sell crap out of a trunk of a car and finally gets bitch slapped by life and reverts back to fundamental christianity and forsakes his former life of sin. That was pretty epic.

Happy Belated Birthday TIB! I've never been much of a poster on the TMMB even though I had been around for pretty much all of it. I do feel a level of comfort here at TIB that I never did over there.

A big thank you to Chater, the mods and everybody else, I'm very glad I stumbled upon this place.

6. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the great wahoos went largely unnoticed because it was restricted to the mod board. One of the mods/admins from RMMB somehow got one of the passwords from one of the SF members and went around causing all sorts of drama by posting and sending PMs containing lewd/incriminating/just plain wrong shit under their name. The entire SF board went bonkers on this one person thinking it was them causing the trouble. Being able to read the PMs they sent/received and watching that person trying to undo/deny everything was hilarious.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I hate each and every single one of you. If you had seen what I did, if you had innocently clicked on a youtube link and seen Sasquatch tugging on his meat stick which was barely visible through the forest of bush, you'd feel sorry for me. Sadly, I cannot go back and unsee what I saw that faithful day. Each time one of you mention it my body begins to shake, my eyes twitch and water and I start to cry. In closing, I'm passing a new rule, everytime someone brings it up they get a 1 day ban. shegirl SMASH!

8. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Orgasm?

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Nope. I claw at the ceiling when I do that and when I'm done I eat my mate.

10. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought it was funny/disturbing when the RMMB met real life.

Remember the Tsunami death toll poll making it onto (I think it was) either Fox or CNN or some place?

Or those twin girls that propositioned Tucker for sex and then ended up in jail a short time later after killing their mother?

Blueberry dude and lawsuit falls into this category.

So does that douchebag/"actor" something-fitzgerald.

I would have liked to read the other side of the story to the Reaper and BrianH callout threads.

I first started reading that board before I could legally drive. In many ways, it helped me grow up and mature. It taught me my place, when I was still a cocky teenager, and I didn't realize how true the oft-repeated "you're young and therefore an idiot and know nothing" was at the time. It's amazing the amount of personal influence an internet community/online information can wield, and this may be slightly getting off topic, but I think as this internet generation matures we will be forced to acknowledge these e-influences as viable sources of learning. It feels weird admitting I actually have "memories" from there.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Is this a dare? We all know Bag Daddy cannot be banned.

12. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Since I'm sitting here at work feeling nostalgic, here are a few more of my favorites.

1)The pic of Bunny's poo. Seriously how in the hell does that happen? I swear she must only poop once a week.
    2)Learning that the morbidly obese need reaching aids to wipe their nasty asses.
    3)Being dumbfounded upon learning how many different techniques people use to wipe.

Yes, I realize that these all involve poop. I bet Freud would have a field day.

13. Degenerate

Degenerate
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I get the feeling we will eventually see that content again. When you look at the sheer amount of "wisdom" it encompassed, Tucker would be stupid not to do something with it.

The question is how would you organize it and what medium would work the best? The book is obviously a front runner, but with social media at an all time annoying I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn into some sort of podcast or videos series.

14. Rabbit B.

Rabbit B.
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

While there were truly hilarious moments, the thing that kept me coming back were four people.
    1. suapyg
    2. Donika
    3. HotGrits
    4. Savage Henry

Each of them dwarfed my intelligence, yet they were still just awesome people. Whenever they posted in a thread you could count on it being brilliant and/or hilarious. They never seemed to look down on people which the other mods so easily fell into.

Oh, and also when suapyg argued with Ryan Holiday. suapyg calling Ryan on his shit was awesome...mostly because Ryan annoyed the hell out of me.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fixed that for you.

16. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just remembered the guy Nils used the running axe joke on was Rosh Kosh. That was some of the funniest shit I have ever seen online. I have friends at home that were also on RMMB and they used to tease me that I had a man crush on him because of often I talked about his one-liners.

Shegirl my only banning in history is because I blatantly brought up Sarah Jessica Parker in an ugliest celebrity thread (it was stated anyone who uses her get's a one day vacation). To mention "the incident" might just be worth a one day banning. To be fair, one of the funniest part's of the story was how he sent it to you, wasn't it a PM that said "want to see something funny??"

*** I'm not sure if that counted but if it did, see ya'll on friday!*****

17. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

What in the fuck would you do without me to pick on? YOU GO TO HELL!

Mike Ness, yes and apparently I'm the only one here that did not find it "funny". And, that's what you get for mentioning that horseface.

18. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I liked the thread that guy started about giving his boss a dildo at the Work Christmas Party. Was that also where "fleshlettuce" originated? The best part were the pictures/comics.

19. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone else said he finished. So you watched it all the way through then?

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not only that, she licked the monitor afterward.