Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Great Moments in RMMB [& TiB] History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaseballGuyCAA, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the only defining moments of my time at TMMB/RMMB was when Donika mailed me a copy of Tuckers first book before it was out on shelves - I was still a student at the time and couldn't afford to buy it. She didn't ask anything from me except that I write up a small comment on the Amazon web page giving a truthful review, positive or negative; she even paid for the postage to send it up to Canada. I owe her a beer or twelve if I ever run into her by chance.

Say what you will about the people at Rudius, there are a few really good people working there who actually give a shit.

As for this place; Happy Birthday TiB. I hope I get the chance to see you become a jaded old man who gropes young women under the pretense of dementia.

2. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The part of that thread that always sticks in my mind is when the guy describes getting to work and says something like "I walked into the restaurant and went immediately to the soda machine for a Sprite (yeah, I obey my thirst, so fucking what)"

That like about Sprite still makes me chuckle.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed that for you.

But seriously, that is cool she did that. I really wish the company didn't fold, they had a lot of good, talented writers with a unique vision. Unfortunately that vision was terrible for generating revenue and staying in the black financially, but such is life.

Also, does anyone know what the deal with Mr. Jake was? It's like he went in and out of being a contributing board member but was always an employee of Tucker's, I vaguely remember Tucker yelling at him and him disappearing for about a year, but was listed still on the Rudius site as the code writer. If I remember correctly he also created the weekend drunk threads, which were unfortunately halted rather quickly.

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I started posting on the RMMB in January of 2007. I didn't really get caught up in all the drama there, I just wanted to be entertained. My favorite thread was the New Year's drink sampling thread. Maybe it says something about me, but I always found the stories/situations where Tucker ended up suffering (the appendix story of his is the funniest thing I've ever read) to be the most hilarious, even though I've never really had anything against him.

5. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The most memorable from RMMB was the thread about Twinkletoes who was quickly renamed Twinkiesandhohoes after she spoke of her hotness and posted a picture of herself for review.

There are only so many ways to tell someone they are fat and ugly and the jackals covered most of them rather efficiently.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

She's actually on here now, and introduced herself, and actually said "you might remember me as Twinkletoes from the last board".

I just couldn't wrap my head around why she would want to point that out, but oh well.

It is nothing, if not entertaining.

7. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some people need attention like they need water. Without their fix, they think they're nothing.

Which is ironic, considering nobody actually cares about them anyway.

8. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Anybody remember the Haiku-thread? Drex posted one brilliant haiku after another. For the life of me I canĀ“t remember a single one, but I do remember that I laughed my ass off.

I also remember the time Tucker, Drex and Bunny tested wine that came in cartons. Seeing them slowly descend into a stupor was entertaining to see. One of them wanted to die, the other one declared his hatred of wine and the other just typed incoherent gibberish.

9. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy Crap, can't believe no one's mentioned the time that 'The Internet's #1 Justin Bieber fan site' was TIB's tag-line. Anyone else remember that? Those were the days.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My favorite memory was from 368 days ago, when we were all hunched over our keyboards, sweating and all a-tremble, wondering how we were going to fill the time that actually should have been spent working, listening to our wives/husbands/prison guards, remembering to feed the kids, or figuring out how to get that ice pick out from behind our left ear.

The time was brief, but the resolution was sweet.

11. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The HotWheelz thread on TiB comes to mind, by far the funniest thread I've witnessed here.

12. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember they did a ghetto tasting or something that was hysterical. Like Olde English, Night Train, Mad Dog, etc.

13. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy Birthday folks. I remember that I hadn't been on TMMB a couple days because I was preparing for my daughter's birthday party. A day after the party (the 18th) I came down with the flu. In my misery I went to TMMB for some entertainment and it wasn't there.

I haven't posted much in 2010, but I do lurk here because y'all are a class act. I mean that sincerely.

14. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mine was Beefy Phil's summary of it all:

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Worst moment: Having to relearn new screen names against their old back stories. Ten times worse than the change of avatar....

16. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're letting male gingers post now? What's next? Muzzlyms? French Canadians?

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Netdata is the same person as Mr Jake?

18. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We've always allowed SuperTramp to post here. Much to the chagrin of the other Canadians.

19. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A cursory glance at your posting history and all of a sudden everything fits in a neat little package.

20. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Great Moments in RMMB History

You're not cool unless you were around when DietCokeHead was still 2TallSomethingOrOther and that TxtbkHistrionic individual was the Board Crazy. So don't talk to me about rock and roll. I AM ROCK AND ROLL.

I'm going to go cut myself now.