Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Great Moments in RMMB [& TiB] History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaseballGuyCAA, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

But what WOULD be funny as hell would be to let SLF (who is still around here lurking, albeit under a different nickname), have mod powers for a few days, just to stir some shit up, in the name of the good old days. Seems only fair to let him respond to all the shit that's been said about him, in true SLF fashion.

That thought makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

2. Grendel

Grendel
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I don't give a fuck what these idiots say about me as long as they don't lie or completely fabricate shit.

Hey, MacGroober: I have NEVER said, written, recorded, interpretive danced, or expressed any semblance of such the words "fucking faggot" since I was 12. Fuck you, you fucking liar. I don't even know who the fuck you are and yet you say I take internet shit too seriously? You have problems, and I ain't even on the crumbling edge of being one. Your shit is so full of dysfunction and compacted, distilled, pure fucking WHACK that your little ejaculate of complaint against me is just a bit of rust flaking off your cancer ridden jalopy of a life.

Get help.

I think the rest of you are aces though. Except DixieBandit. That guy is creepy.

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think SLF was an ogre in any degree. Not that I can say I saw every instance, but in my experience the most he did was expose other people's weaknesses (most notably, their inability to stop when they're running off at the mouth in poor form). That's the only time I saw him lay the smack down. And he did it with venom.

I've been on the end of one or two "shut up, you know next to nothing" responses. And you know, in those instances he was right so I did shut up. He might have been terse, but when you have to babysit the bunch of us....

But, for my part, watching the fangs come out sometimes was awesome to watch. Suapyg could do the same, I just think he had a longer (or newer) fuse.

I've had my run ins with mods from time to time which I would label as unfair, but that's what happens. I don't think SLF (or Suapyg, for that matter) were ever unfair in the way they did things. TIB may be different, but we were always told that the TMMB/RMMB was Tucker's to do with what he pleased - as evidenced when he summarily shut it down. No one had any 'rights' there. That the majority of mods weren't complete jerks because of their ability to do pretty much as they pleased was something I think a lot of people took for granted.

Not that any of that applies to our current beatific leaders. We all love you....

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I never had in issue with hardly ANY of the mods people complained about. A lot of people in rep and PM to me showed utter contempt for SLF or Bunny, who I actually got along with. I don't think SLF's tyraids had anything on Boozy, who would commit ban genocide as if he so much as got in an arguement with his girlfriend or lost a $5 sports bet with a friend. However, I found DietCokeHead and Lalor to be pompous twats. Maybe it was something I said, I dunno.

Ah. He said you banned him for "Calling you out on your bullshit hypocracy".

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The greatest moment for me, personally, is when I realized just this very minute that I managed to enjoy RMMB for the entertaining threads and people, and completely miss every ounce of this ridiculous drama.

As far as I was concerned, everyone on RMMB was just fine. The idiots were entertaining for being idiots, the power-hungry were entertaining for thinking they had power because they could ban people, and all of the rest were a wide spectrum who were good for who they were.

I do miss Savage Henry. Dude was pretty cool. He told me at one point he was working on a SciFi novel, wonder if that's still in the works?

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure he got banned for posting voyeristic pictures of underage girls he had taken at various places around White Trash Shit Hole, Texas.

My favorite moment in the history of TiB was when Dixie Bandit got banned from life for six months.

7. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I got a good one, from the this board, that struck me a few nights ago before I went to sleep (ya, this place is like a brain tumor). Anyways, two members on this board who joined independent of each other ended up reuniting 15 years later like 4 months ago. The kicker? It was by identifying each other with a post about how one of them was the worst sex of their lives.

Yep, that's right. I know that passed by almost everyone but it happened. On one of the "worst sex" threads a female member posted a story which another male member recognized (having been the other party in said story). He posted "xyz, is that you?" and the rest is history.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Savage Henry gave me some of the best advice Ive ever gotten. I wish I had saved it before RMMB went down.

I dont think I had very many run ins with Mods on the old board except when I gave my review of IHTSBIH after a premiere and said it was mediocre. I got red dotted into oblivion and PMs telling me I dont know good comedy.

9. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus, it's like the fucking ODESSA network. Is Nils Parker engineering Max clones in a remote Brazilian village somewhere?

10. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I asked him medical advice on several occasions, usually the interesting questions a twenty-something male has as a result of fucking as many college girls in the metro Atlanta area (I'm looking at you Oglethorpe) as possible. He was very gracious, was always happy to give me advice and saved me some stress over nothing (luckily). In a nutshell, he said he didn't mind answering any questions I had, seeing as I probably wasn't going to the doctor until it was an 'emergency' anyways, and feel free to ask any time. Just understand it was not a medical diagnosis.

11. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

What's funny is that you remember it. Holding a grudge for being banned from an anonymous message board for years? Time to move on, everyone.

13. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think SLF banned me once for like 2 days for something stupid I said.

WHY OH WHY OH MY DEAR LORD WHY ARE YOU SUCH A TERRIBLE PERSON BAWWWWWW

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You think you guys had it bad? I once volunteered to take Chater up on his offer to fuck him and he banned me for a day. I think he misunderstood who would be the top and who would be the bottom in our relationship.

My favourite part of these boards are the boobie and booty threads. I know that people are normally busy telling the fine female inhabitants of this board to post there more, but if you're one of those people who have, then thank you.

15. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A grudge? This is one of those times tone doesn't translate over the internet. I was being sarcastic.

16. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Re: Great Moments in RMMB History

Anyone remember Kojak? Man, that guy was a fucking prick. He probably doesn't have the balls to post on this board though.

Edit: I'm kidding, morons.

17. pincinelly

pincinelly
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

One of my favourite things about this place is Durbanite. I never really noticed him at RMMB, but he provides so much hilarity through his weirdness. He has been laid once or something and it was so bad that he is never going to try again? He flipped out at the rugby board because people gave him shit when he defended eye-gouging. He just seems so unbalanced that I look forward to seeing him post.

18. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright den',

A seventies style serenade re-welcome for the human ban cannon.

#458 Nitwit, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While I'm on my Harry Nillson kick, I always used to solicit DCH to play this clip for advice board people who wanted to pursue their 'passion' for music. "Try out for the coconut and see where it leads".

Rumor has it that that is John Lennon on guitar and Ringo Starr on coconut. Anyone know the truth?

#459 Nitwit, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. T0KEN

T0KEN
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I remember when this guy was a homophobic 17 year old who argued for a long time about how wrong homosexuality was.