Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HAPPY AMERICA DAY!!! July 4th WDT 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stopthemonster

stopthemonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

At the risk of sounding like a proud ignorant Bastard, the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha Ne is one of the BEST zoos... just saying....

On another note. My father bought the biggest and loudest fireworks they sell locally. Sent his neighbor's house through the electric fence. After they were done cussing us out, we sent 4 up at once. All we heard after that was "Dear Lord Why?!"

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Considering my previous exposure to South Carolina was Fort Jackson - to say "so much anymore" is not that difficult. At all.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think mountain lions are MUCH scarier and intimidating than Afrcan lions. Cougars are still the 5th biggest cat in the world, and along with the snow leopard have agility usually only reserved for video game characters. You CAN'T escape one if it wants you:

...wolverines are the only animal from my continent that scare me more.

#184 Crown Royal, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you ever have the opportunity to go on a real African safari, do it. Watching the big cats out in their element is scary.

The lions are huge but they're pretty lazy - the ones you really want to be scared of are the leopards. They're far more athletic, and far harder to spot. We watched this girl climb down out of the tree and literally disappear into the tall savanna grasses to stalk an antelope, and it sent some kind of primal shiver down my spine. It's like the little ape part of my brain was shrieking "DANGER DANGER DANGER." You'd never see or hear her coming.

The lions are completely unafraid, though:

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'm going on a hunting trip in Africa next May as a wedding present from my dad's friend. We're trying secure the approval to hunt a male lion. I'm pretty pumped for it. Can't wait to tweet my pictures to PETA.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If by "hunt" you mean walk up to one while its sleeping and shoot it, have fun. Should be an easy trip.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jaguars scare me more than leopards, tigers or lions. Only Tigers and lions are bigger, they hide in the thickest jungle, night-hunt, they are agile tree dwellers, and then there's what waits for you if they grab you:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

....those aren't teeth and claws. Those are fucking fence pickets.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

A typical hunt takes 2-3 days of tracking and you can only kill certain ones in certain areas. I'm not walking into a zoo with a bazooka and blowing it's head off. The meat all gets donated to a local tribe and (regulated) hunting is encouraged by local governments.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Meet Hercules, a "Liger" (Tiger-lion) and is the biggest cat ever. He is six feet tall and twelve feet long. He's also a complete baby.

[​IMG]

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not at all opposed to hunting and I understand that the locals get the meat and what not.
    But seriously. Lions are about the laziest of the big cats. They don't care how close you get. Even before the Buzzfeed article made its rounds, that was pretty common knowledge.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I see what you're saying and I'm hoping you're wrong because I would like a little sport involved with it. That buzzfeed article was ridiculous and what it failed to mention is that big game hunting like that promotes healthy population control, especially of other species that aren't even directly involved. It's not like that chick went over there and wanted to get her rocks off like some modern day Teddy Roosevelt. Depending on the studies done at a given time, African governments will sometimes even pay hunters.

The danger isn't with the animals necessarily. The danger involved is with illegal poachers that will shoot at other hunters if they feel like their game is being encroached upon.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, people hear "Safari" and they immediately picture the classic hunting trophy room from some movie.

Modern safaris aren't like that any more, and are usually very ecologically and ethically sound.

I would love to do one some time.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Hey Juice: don't miss.

...so, are these guys the shittiest hunters in history, or what? Then you have this one, where actual focus saved a life:

#194 Crown Royal, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's not wrong.

Lion hunting has to be about the stupidest fucking "sport" imaginable. Lions are almost universally lazy and they are not generally very scared of humans. You see that photo above? I was above 15' from the lion, who was laying on the ground. I could have run and stabbed it to death.

We saw a dozen lions in 2 days on the Serengeti, and a dozen more in a day on Ngorogoro.

It's only a sport if you're using a spear.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Shittiest hunters in history coupled with the shittiest local game guide in history, if they even hired one. Not to mention horrible gun safety and probably the wrong caliber round. Not exactly sure what it would be, but I know big game takes a special kind of ammo. A specialized .308 or .45 maybe?

17. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's kind of my issue with lion hunting. It's not hunting. It's pretty much walking up to an animal and just shooting it.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Did they not fire wildly into their own midst when it charged? Dumb fucks could have killed each other instead.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If you're going to hunt, at least hunt animal that stands a chance. Here's Donald Trump's absolute cunt of a son after killing a majestic elephant:

[​IMG]

Congratulations asshole, you killed an incredible animal the size of a garage. I know it's literally impossible to be a bigger asshole than your dad, but you are on your way.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

But that's once you find it though, like I said it can take days to even encounter a lion in the wild. Sure it might be easy to kill once you do, but if you're not retarded, almost any hunt is like that. Id rather a lion not be aware of my presence and scamper off or charge me if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.