Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HAPPY AMERICA DAY!!! July 4th WDT 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Know what pisses me off more?

Fucktards that believe the shit spoon-fed to them by the main stream media without really knowing the context.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2012/04/09/tmz-is-wrong-about-donald-trump-jr-and-safari-hunting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminite ... i-hunting/</a>

Read the Forbes article rather than just seeing a picture and jumping to all kinds of conclusions about shit you know nothing about.

$0.02

2. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm the softy that made my son scoop up an earthworm off the pavement and put it in the dirt so it wouldn't die. I'm probably not the person to talk to about that. I hate the idea of killing elephants, even when I know it's for the good overall. It makes my sads really big.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If that's the case, then I was wrong. Sorry everyone.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You do realize that some elephants are fucking assholes, and cause lots of problems to local villagers, and have to be culled, right? Never mind that the meat feeds that village for weeks?

They're not all big, lumbering, friendly giants that star in Disney movies.

Some of the countries have figured out a way of monetizing the process by bringing in outside hunters to deal with the kill for big money, helping to support the area and getting rid of the nuisance, so it's really a win-win.

Not saying it's all like that, but more and more are becoming like that.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It's crazy that probably one of the most dangerous animals in Africa, measured in terms of deaths, is the mosquito.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Bonus points if you successfully track down one of these cute little guys on your trip:

[​IMG]

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why don't you go hunting for illegal poachers? I think that would be good for animal population control. Imagine that Texas tech girl in that picture with that cheetah she killed, but instead it was a poacher and she was holding him up and hugging him against her body.

Suddenly, she seems more like a psychopath now. Went draw the line at certain species?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Next to that from what I heard is the Hippo. On one nature show it said they kill more people than all the other large predators combined.

Insect truly are the most frightening. Ask explorers who go to the Amazon, a place filled with peril and they'll tell you the ants scare them WAY more than piranha or the Fer de Lance.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does he get more points if happens to catch this crazy little bastard?

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'll give him a million rep points if he manages to catch that.

Twice that if he makes it back to collect them.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bot Flies. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

12. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If you're referring to my post, it's the Ebola virus, not bot flies.

But yeah... bot flies... absolutely fascinating to watch YouTube videos of them in other people's heads.

Key word being other.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No, I was just referring to insect horrors. Although to be honest I thought your post was some sort of ringworm.

Botflies are awful not because of danger, but the gross factor. Mosquitos plant their maggots in your flesh, and their secretions prevent wound infection from killing them. They are a horror. I am so glad to be far from their neighbourhood. And watching their extraction videos go great with a KFC binge.

15. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Except they really don't, like hardly ever. Before Scott Lancaster was killed in 1991, more people had been killed and eaten by other people than by mountain lions. For the most part they love deer - but when they do attack people it does tend to be tail-end Charlie children who straggle from a larger group.

I've been around big cats (all but jaguars) in a shelter for them, scratched a few behind the ears even (lion, mountain lion, two tigers - the mountain lion purred). I've seen the cougars lock in on small children running around - must be something about the way they move that gets the instincts flowing. I'd wager what pissed that cougar off was the stroller itself. Big cats can be neurotic about peculiar things. Some of the tigers don't like large men, others don't like when they can't see someone's eyes behind sunglasses or a camera, some don't like hats - I had one lion, and he was a big marshmallow any other time, bark/roar at me when I was carrying work gloves. That'll get your attention real quick, it resonates through you like a .50BMG shot - can be heard for 8 miles, if memory serves.

Flip side of that coin is that the cats also have people they're really happy to see. Few things better than having a tiger get up and come over to greet you in the tiger equivalent of a dog greeting its master when he comes home from work.

16. Not the Bees!

Not the Bees!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

On the whole lion/elephant hunting:

I think the main thing is to differentiate between the ethics of hunting on a sustainability level and on a subjective feeling of whether or not it's "sporting". Tanzania, Botswana and Zimbabwe all have tightly regulated elephant hunting programs and their elephant populations are steadily increasing. Elephant populations in essentially every other country in Africa that has outlawed elephant hunting are in free fall. You create a viable economy from the animal's existence and people will make sure it prospers. Most of this is discussed in this GQ article that follows an elephant hunt.

I don't know much about the sustainability of legal lion hunting, but from a personal perspective, it seems supremely unsporting. I have no aversion to hunting at all, and I'm pretty interested in getting started myself (Australia's laws just make it so difficult). However, I can't see myself looking down the barrel at a lion lazing about and wanting to pull the trigger. Maybe it's just because we tend to sentimentalise lions, or maybe it's because they're not equipped from an evolutionary perspective to be afraid and make it challenging.

TL;DR: I don't think it's wrong, but it just doesn't feel right.

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Start throwing rocks at it and call its mom a whore, maybe it'll feel more right if its charging you.

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I saw that the other day. Barf. I believe they call them rompers? Like giving them a cute name makes it okay. Plus it's not flattering to her body type. It's like some people don't look in the mirror before they leave their house. But like I posted before, bib overall shorts are also making a comeback. I did a double take when I saw them hanging in the store. Not even a little am I tempted by those things. Have you ever peed in those things? Well, not IN them, you know what I mean.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It seems both men and women are gravitating towards unflattering 80's fashions like high-waist shorts, tube-strap bikinis and whatever that horrible photo is. I don't get it. I was at the beach last week and every (I mean EVERY) girl wearing shorts was wearing those satanic shorts popularized by Taylor Swift, meanwhile the lower-cut shorts from previous years are sexy as high hell. Instead they looked like pregnant trailer trash. Fashion sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.