Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

His name is Nick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dubyu tee eff, Sep 17, 2011.

1. menaceIIsobriety

menaceIIsobriety
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

One of my first roommates, right after high school, was a black guy who employed every generic (traditionally black) nickname in the book rather than be burdened with recollecting your given name. I found it quite annoying to be called "fam," "cuz," etc. though the other half the time he produced sidesplitters like "cat daddy." That one regretfully stuck for a while until it evolved into "the Feline Father." Also, based upon our wardrobe, he termed my group of friends the "Pastel Party."

The absolute worst of the worst came when I was sentenced to two months in a county jail for DWI when I was 19. I was absurdly naive and the youngest in my cell block by at least five years. My first day I was invited to join a domino game and quickly got a 25 point and my teammate nonchalantly says "nice bone, pretty lips." Within an hour everyone, including the jailer/deputy, was calling me that and did so for the 53 days I remained there. Did I mention that I carried a ball-point pen to the showers for protection for at least a week? Fortunately I omitted this term of endearment in the letters to friends and family; it would have terrified my mother and delighted my buddies.