Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HOOOORAY BEER! WDT 5/11/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

*Shrugs shoulders*

I don't care, its not like I buy cakes ever anyway. I just go where they tell me to go.

But yeah, my younger brother just gave me this for my present when I got to the office:

I sent the pic to my wife.

The Wife: Ooooooo, ees that reeeeeeeel? That eees so cool! Ees like a decoration for dee house!

I'm thinking I'm going to bring it to my hunting camp to keep on the four wheeler and use it instead of a machete.

Attached Files:

2. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How did this line not come from Toytoy? Great idea, regardless.

My brother gave me a case of beer for my birthday. I want a big ass sword too!

3. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Alabama legislature just passed the gourmet beer bottle bill, taking bottle size from 16 oz to 25 oz. Just needs the Governor's signature.

And this weekend is Brew Fest. I pour beer for 5 hours tonight, and in return tomorrow I can drink all I want for 5 hours. Not sure how much of this list I'll manage to get through: http://rocketcitybrewfest.com/beers/

4. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Use it to cut the cake. (after drinking all day, of course)

5. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love that beer festivals everywhere else in the world are about appreciating and trying new great beers.

Yet the beer festival in Toronto is overtaken mostly by big name brands (although there are a few larger craft breweries in attendance), where people are just looking to get royally fucked up and don't actually care what they're drinking at all.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A) I'm not a big cake fan, but I do like a good cupcake. There's a bakery in town that does a little cupcake sampler pack that will make you slap your mama. Mmmm, red velvet cupcakes, ftw!

2) How did nobody make a buttercream smear joke? You people are slipping.

And, this is how you make cupcakes:

Attached Files:

7. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beer festivals in the US are the same. There may be a Bud/Miller tent represented, and it may be the biggest and loudest, but the Dogfish line (or another favored craft brewery) is always the longest. The Pabst tent is where you go towards closing to get a quick drunk if you're not already there. PBR also doesn't give a shit. It's usually a few old fellas just happy to be pouring beer they love. No subterfuge. They're not trying to hock a brand. They also bring out some kegs of Colt 45. To a craft beer festival. How the fuck do you not love that?

8. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Huntsville Brew Fest is $30. If you're going just to get smashed, then you're terrible at math.

9. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a local brewery here that runs "Project X" on the second Thursday of every month. You pay $10 to join, and they give you a pretty bad-ass t-shirt. It's then $10 every time you attend, which includes five beer samples and a (beer themed) food ticket. You can buy additional beer tickets for $1, but usually they'll pour everything for free by the end of the night.

That is arguably my favourite beer event in this city. They always have new beers they're about to release, and a one-off cask conditioned ale that is generally some kind of funky experiment that one of their employees was testing. Some of the experiments get such great reviews that they end up bottling it and selling it as a limited time thing.

If you're anywhere near Toronto, I suggest you attend at least one of these (if you like beer).

10. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

On that note, I'm popping my beer festival cherry this weekend: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.rochestercraftbeerexpo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rochestercraftbeerexpo.com/</a>

Sunday is going to hurt.

11. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Literally 2 minutes from my house is the Old Credit brewery. It's not OUTSTANDING, but it's dirt cheap, very solid Ale (Canadians out there - it's pretty similar in quality to something like Sleeman or Rickards, but way cheaper)

12. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lazlo's is awesome (and so is Fireworks). The brewery side is better though. Their vanilla porter is one of my favorite beers. I always stock up on that stuff when I'm there.

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here in San Diego we are spoiled with all our microbrews, that and we just hosted the world beer cup. Within an easy drive from my house I have Stone, Green Flash, Karl Strauss, Aztec, Mother Earth, Port and Lost Abbey, Latitude 33, etc etc.

I'm making a care package of great beer for a friend in Indy, any suggestions on what SD beers would be best to send would be awesome.

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

German chocolate cake.

On that note, I'm off to my commencement ceremonies. Yeah, I can't believe it either.

15. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The weather today in down-town Toronto is balls-out fucking fantastic. It is patio beers weather, and rather than drink happy hour beverages, I have to drive for an hour tonight to pick up a bed for our spare bedroom. MY LIFE SUCKS!

16. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Yeah, but I need a place to sleep when I'm in the t-dot. Priorities.

17. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I live in The 'Burbs now - but you're welcome to crash at my place.

This is what I'm offering.

[​IMG]
    Minus the girl.

Just kidding... you're getting this one:

[​IMG]

18. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

You know what the different between Email to: Z-[CompanyName]\[Department X] and Email to: Z-[CompanyName]\[Department ALL] is?

The number of people who will come running when you say "Cupcakes at the fax machine - help yourselves".

Fuck nuggets.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Damn it. I went to the store earlier and forgot the wine.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Party foul!

So, I am unpacking all my crap and my kitchen here is kind of significantly smaller than my previous one. I have a ton of alcohol beverage glassware (red and white wine glasses, a leaded glass carafe with liquor glasses, shot glasses, beer mugs, plus other misc shit) and it has occurred to me that I need a bar. I even have a place for one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.