Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

It's not bulimia, it's the Britney Cleanse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Feb 19, 2010.

1. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

"I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

Solid.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know several people who have done the whole "lemon water-cayene pepper-and maple syrup" thing. Holy shit did it work for them. But... That's only because they were starving themselves of essential nutrients and filling their belly with filling garbage, so it wouldn't notice. When your body runs out of the things it needs, it goes to the fat stores. This doesn't mean you're healthy. It may just mean you're starving yourself.

The only correct way to do things (and I'm amazed this isn't common knowledge) is to EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE.

Fucking lazy ass people don't want to hear it, but that's what it is. Do that, and you will be as fit as your genetics allow you to be.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://comedians.jokes.com/lynne-koplitz/videos/lynne-koplitz---weight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://comedians.jokes.com/lynne-koplit ... z---weight</a>

4. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyone wants it to be easy and magical. Or they say shit like "Oh, I could never give up icecream/cake/cookies/whatever their addiction is." They are addicted to food but don't see it as such. Food is fuel, it can be tasty but in the end, it is FUEL. Not a reward, not a treat.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're absolutely right.

:

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Per rep on this, do you reward yourself with food? Junk food? How is that a reward considering all of the toxic preservatives and shit contained in them?

When I see people reward their kids with twinkies and shit for "behaving", I always think of a master rewarding his dog with a scrap. We are above that, aren't we?

I eat junk every now and again, but my reward for that is to go run a couple miles, sweat it out. That's my reward, being stronger and faster. I reward myself by reading or writing, something that stimulates me, not fattens me up or slows me down.

I love to cook, and I am a damn good cook, but it isn't my reason to live.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. They're actually toxic. Eat too many Doritos and you're going be poisoned.

Maybe it's the European in me, but looking at food as nothing more than a utilitarian survival mechanism just seems ridiculous. You might as well get a TPN bag and hook it up to your veins. Food tastes good; what's wrong with enjoying it? I also drink things other than water to hydrate because - gasp - they taste good.

On focus, I forgot to mention - this whole antioxidant fad has been one massive orgy of stupid that, it seems, people are finally starting to come to their senses about. Your body has its own antioxidants, and they exist at extremely high concnetrations inside your cells; having a few sips of green tea isn't going to make any difference.

8. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I enjoy food, even Cool Ranch Doritos occasionally. My point is that people put too much emphasis on food being linked to pleasure.

9. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crossfit in general, the basic exercises they teach are right on but doing as many deadlifts as possible in a minute?
    That shit's just asking for an injury. Take your time, use good form and if you need some extra cardio? Go run 1200m flat out.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beyond her links between food and pleasure... Of fucking course some foods are bad for you. You're a fucking retard (despite what Sarah Palin says about Family guy) if you don't think some of the things the mass market puts out there for you to eat are bad for you. No one is going to eat 100% healthy all the time (including vegans. Their diet is suspect at fucking best: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.essortment.com/all/consvegetarian_tufw.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.essortment.com/all/consvegetarian_tufw.htm</a>

How people get away from common sense, I have no Idea. Probably because it runs contrary to what they want. EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE MORE.

Done.

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. That is exactly what I said. I said that no foods, ever, are bad for you. Thanks for correcting me.

12. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

One of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Unless it also makes women better at hand jobs. Then again if you mute the video you'd think thats what it's for and the toned arms are a side effect.

#32 Maltob14, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I want to know is, "Is colon detox hype?"

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like to live on a steady diet of cigarettes, heroin, and drama.

What? It works for Lindsey Lohan. She may be haggard, but nobody can deny that she is thin.

15. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Not at all.

[​IMG]

Once a day after you wake up for a week, then as needed. DON'T GET THE LIQUID. Tastes terrible. Get the crystals because aside from tasting better they fizz like pop rocks which makes them oh so fun to take.

16. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I eat whatever I like. Pretty much whenever I like, but I eat actual correct portion sizes.
    So If I go to Olive Garden and Get Fettuccine Alfredo, I don't have to eat the 3 adult portions they set in front of me.

Then, I go to the Gym 3 days a week and do cardio and weight training.

That's the Megan Diet.

Seems to work pretty well.

17. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There are a bunch of faith-based weight loss programs becoming quite popular. I'd say if God wanted you to be thin, you would've been endowed with the willpower to drop the fork. I highly doubt God has the time to help miracle the weight off you.

I thought it was idiotic of my friend to tell me dark chocolate was allowed when I was eating better. I asked my doctor and he said "If you're going to have a treat, eat a square of dark chocolate, the darker the better. It's better for you than milk chocolate." No shit.

18. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The best way to lose weight? Become an irresponsible student with not much money coming in every week who loves to party.

Seriously, some of my responsible friends at uni have actually gained weight through weekly shopping trips and that rubbish.. But the less sensible among us, we've all lost weight simply becuase we spend the food money on drink. Easy diet, good fun too.

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.badscience.net/2010/02/how-do-you-regulate-wu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.badscience.net/2010/02/how-d ... gulate-wu/</a>

I found the opening paragraph amusing:

Wow.

20. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A friend of mine got thin from a steady diet of apples and Adderall. She never got any smarter though. I'm impressed that she can lift a fork still, given all the muscle definition she lost along with the fat.

That whole 'read the Bible when you're feeling hungry' must be the best diet ever, though. I imagine all that condemnation makes you lose your appetite right quick.