Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

MLB 2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toytoy88, Mar 21, 2015.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gotta be feeling good as a Blue Jays fan. Rangers are tough but it looks like Toronto woke up the last 2 games and began hitting the cover off of the ball again. The Price decision in game 4 was very dumb, but I think a raucous crowd this afternoon and momentum, they get it done comfortably.

Trust me, you're not alone. I watched most of the game yesterday at my office and sprinted to a bus to try and get home for the last 2 innings. Watching the tracker on my phone, I audibly said "oh fuck" when they put Rodney in. He needs to stick to doing celebrations in the dugout like Conger doing the robot for the Astros. I don't want to see him on the mound again, unless we're up 6 runs and we don't want to waste any actual, effective arms.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Baseball needs to get the fuck over itself with the celebrating stoic behavior and getting all pissy whenever anyone does anything remotely entertaining or showing personality. And no it doesn't matter if Rodney is good or not, if he had Arrieta's ERA people would say the same shit, because's it's baseball. And in baseball people get butthurt over someone doing anything and praise guys like Jeter for being classy. Well Jeter classily gave like 50 celebrity women herpes. Get over it. People get hit with baseballs in this sport, entire brawls break out, people spit seeds, grab their dicks and chew tobacco all the goddamn time. Let's not act like a dude shooting an arrow makes him a puppy killer and shits on America's pasttime.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not nervous, and I don't talk shit. This series has been fantastic, and for the Rangers to even be playing is a treat, given that on Opening Day (and the rest of April) I had some serious what the FUCK thoughts about the team and the 2015 season.

I agree that momentum is in the Jays' favor, and mostly, I'm okay with that. Mainly because the fucking goddamn piece of shit Cardinals were eliminated last night. Fuck that franchise.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Id like to note that Shimmered's post was about the end of the 6th inning when it was tied 2-2 and right before all hell broke loose.

*Kanye voice* I'm gonna let them finish, but Jose Bautista had the best bat flip of ALL TIME.

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since I'm listening to the game, I was very confused about what the flying SHIT is going on.

And Elvis can eat some ass. Jesus fucking Christ.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Both my best friend and also my wife's folks are at the game and I'm not. Lucky bastards. What a crazy game. Everyone is going batshit up here.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was okay with losing.
    I am not okay with whatever the fuck they're calling whatever Elvis is doing on the field.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What in the hairy moose knuckle is going on up there? Did someone spike the maple syrup with bath salts??

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Wow. What a series. Texas has such a strong team, that was anybody's game but Joey found the sweet spot. I would love a Cubs/Jays World Series, my favourite team vs. the team I like the most in the NL,

The most important thing is that the Cardinals are playing golf. And their fans, HOLY FUCKING SHIT...

image.jpg

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck Cards fans.

I have Rangers thoughts but I need to shower.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

12. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Why yes, of COURSE RIchard Nixon just showed up at a Mets post-game show in 1987 and shot the shit with Fran Healy...do they teach nothing in History class anymore???

Edit: If you listen to it backwards at half-speed, you can distinctly hear Mr. President say "Fuck the Cardinals" over and over again.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have an unspeakably hard erection after reading that. Fuck those self-righteous asshats. They didn't even lose in a Wild Card game, they lost in a fucking series in which they had home field advantage. I give them credit, they find ways to outdo themselves year after year.

14. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Are there any Cardinals fans on this board that we could perhaps figuratively point and laugh at? I feel like all this quality schadenfreude is getting wasted.

#214 dieformetal, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  15. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

This wouldn't exactly inspire me with confidence were I a Dodgers fan...

16. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

If anyone says they predicted a Cubs-Mets NLDS back in March you're a goddamn liar...baseball, ladies and gentlemen.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I'm an AL fan, but I could care less about the Jays/Royals series.

I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that I couldn't watch the ALCS or not, but Cubs/Mets looks like it's going to be an awesome series.

18. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm guess I'm not surprised but the schadenfreude about the Cubs loss is pretty ridiculous. Crowing about curses and "LOL WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, RIGHT GUYS?!". Am I disappointed? Sure, and especially since they couldn't get anything going in that series. But coming into the year I would have been very happy with 85-90 wins and being in the playoff discussion. This team was a year, if not 2, ahead of schedule and the future couldn't be brighter. It feels completely different than 2003 and even more so than 2008 which felt like a fluke and a window closing.

And for everyone who is reveling cause "Cubs fans are annoying", I would bet 50% of the Mets fans they showed in that bar during the telecast last night were wearing Yankees gear in August. Here's hoping the Blue Jays can pull off a miracle, cause I don't want to root for the Mets or the Royals.

20. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Out of the four in the CS I would have wanted the Cubs to win, but I'm just going to root for any not-Mets at this point (even though I don't really have anything against them per se, they've been harmless for so long I just stopped caring).

The Cubs went way beyond expectations this season, and they'll be (at a minimum) the second best team in their division for years. I've never heard anyone say Cubs fans are annoying, but it's not like I've been paying too much attention. The GODDAMN CARDINALS fans on the other hand...

#220 dieformetal, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015