Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

MLB 2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toytoy88, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well that 'Stros-Yanks game sucked. At least from a Yankees fan's point of view. Not surprising though. Keuchel's a very good pitcher, and the Yanks haven't hit well in over a month.

On another note, Jessica Mendoza does a great job with the commentary on ESPN. I hope they keep her next year.

I'm looking forward to tonight's game being a little more competitive.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's like a baseball Doris Burke who I always thought does a very good and insightful job with basketball. Related, damn Chris Archer is a natural. That was absolutely remarkable how seamlessly he slid into the broadcast. Dude has a lot of good years left on the mound, but he has a future after that for sure.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Mendoza does an excellent and entirely natural job. And amazing how many men were pissed about a...a....WOMAN calling sports.

I think she's ideal. Would you rather have Joe Buck? I'd take Fran Drescher or Porky Pig over that hack.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apples to oranges, she's doing color, Buck is play by play. You'd compare her to Tim McCarver who is an absolute hack and a joke, though Harold Reynolds is improved taking over for him.

Its contrarian, but I actually like Buck for baseball. For football, he's pretty obnoxious, exacerbated by his pairing with Aikman, but Buck's voice to me is October baseball.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The wildcard game sucks. Not because of the game itself, but these two teams are better than having to play this shitty eliminator. It's the second and third best teams in the MLB and it's such a raw deal that one game decides for them who moves on.

10. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I am under the impression that Chicago will be joyously burned to the ground by its own citizens during the ensuing riot if the Cubs win the World Series. There will simply be no more buildings, only extremely hungover former-Chicagoans moaning about fucking goats and forgiving Steve Bartman. Anyone from Chicago want to confirm or deny?

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1) Jake Arrieta is an absolute MONSTER. Just a machine. His performance the last couple months has been nothing short of historic and incredible.

2) The last couple Blackhawks cup victories have been pretty rowdy. Clark St, the main drag in Wrigleyville, gets shut down from Wrigley Field to a couple blocks south along the bars and its packed. And while the Hawks have gotten HUGE, they would pale in comparison to a Cubs WS victory. Wrigley would look like Beirut. A couple bars would get trashed for good reason. Outside of Wrigley, it would just be a city-wide party like St Patricks Day with more celebration, streets shutting down, offices being closed. HOWEVER, Wrigley will be an absolute shitshow. I'd imagine peak Bourbon St during Mardi Gras.

12. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I thought Mendoza was fantastic, the only negative I could think of was that she seemed to bring up the "hitter's mentality" too often, but a) that's probably because she has a gold medal in softball, and b) "complaint a" is so fucking minor who gives a shit?

It's especially awesome when you remember the colossal douche she's replacing....

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Totally disagree.
    a) if you are going to make the argument that they are the 2nd and 3rd best teams, then they would just be eliminated by the 1st best team later. No need to prolong it.
    b) if they don't want to be playing in this game, they should win their division
    c) the playoffs are long enough; making this into a 3-game or 5-game series would extend it even more
    d) because of that, it makes the one game exciting and tune-in worthy, like NCAA or NFL playoffs, win-or-go-home games
    e) you can argue that they were 2 & 3, but you could easily argue they were interchangeable - could have easily finished in the opposite order. Adding the second wild card team gives them a chance to sort out exactly which one should represent that spot, one game or not
    f) I hate the Yankees and the Pirates, so I am totally fine with the outcome

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know what to do. I want to see the Cubs win it all, but at the same time I FUCKING HATE JOE MADDON SO GODDAMN MUCH.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

So the ALDS is on FS1. Who the hell has FS1?

At least the NLDS is on TBS, so I can watch that.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't watch the game because of FS1. This is horseshit.

17. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

cricfree.tv

^^^its how us without cable/satellite watch sports. I think someone on here recommended it to me.

18. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

At this point I'm ok with any team but the Goddamn Cardinals winning it all. Even the Astros, although part of me wants My Beloved Yankees to be avenged.

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking hate. HATE. HAAAAAATE the Cardinals.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have FS1 on Dish at home, and on Cox Cable at my office. I have the extra sports package on Dish, because the Braves games are on FoxSports South and FoxSports Sportsouth. FS1 is part of that lineup. And, I have it on Cox, because since it took Speed Channel's slot, it's in the basic range.

Can you watch it on the FoxSportsGo app?