Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

MLB 2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toytoy88, Mar 21, 2015.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I have Cox, but all I get is Fox Sports West which, I just checked, is not carrying it. For the love of God, why would MLB award the LDS to a network that airs it on a subsidiary that very few people can watch?

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just looked at the Cox lineup for Las Vegas. According to that, if you have a package that includes FS West, you should be able to get FS1 on channel 329 or 1329 for HD.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I looked at that too. I have no idea if I get 329, but I plan on checking it when I get home.

My television watching usually revolves around History, Discovery, Comedy Central, ESPN, Fox Sports West, and whatever other channel it is that carries the D'Backs games. I have no idea what channels I get.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Why?

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

...yeah, I know EXACTLY why. Fuck that franchise.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Remember....Back to the Future II did predict a Cubs World Series victory in 2015.

6. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

GOOOOOOOO RANGERS!

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, so I don't have channel 329.

Fuck it, I'll watch football instead.

If they show the whole ALDS on that network I'll bet viewership for the entire 2 series is lower then ARod's salary.

Stupid fucks.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't have cable at all. I figured out how (thanks to my sister in law) to use Hola on Chrome to reset my location so I can watch the game(s) on my laptop, but otherwise...lame.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure I could watch it online, I just don't have a dog in the fight, so it's not worth the hassle to figure out how.

And MLB wonders why their popularity is dwindling.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thing that super chaps me off is that I have the at bat premium. I pay to watch the games BECAUSE I don't have television.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At Bat doesn't work in the playoffs?! Wow.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since I'm premium, I can buy access for $10, if I already have access through a cable company. So if I have DirecTV at home, and am out and about and want to watch the game, I can buy access and then prove it with sign on through my directv.

As far as I understand at least.

And that's fucking annoying. Because I got my sub through AppleTV because fuck cable, and while I love watching the game at a bar, it gets hectic with a newborn. And annoying.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Max Sherzer's $50 million signing bonus checks don't sign themselves.

I think MLB has fucked itself with this approach. I, who have followed and supported MLB for 44 fucking years, just don't care about this post season enough to be bothered with trying to watch it. And I know if I'm fed up with something that's been part of most of my life, I'm probably not alone.

14. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's how I feel about football.

I just think, especially since baseball brands itself as America's Pastime (and hey, it really once was...), having to jump through hoops and go the extra mile to watch a game is ridiculous. I understand the subscription for At Bat, especially since I watch out of market teams (btw, if I lived in DFW, I'd have to get cable to watch games because of blackout restrictions). But the postseason?
    That shit should be on the At Bat app, and/or available for anyone to watch it without cable.

I'll be curious about how the blackout restrictions evolve. I get that they're there to protect the cable companies or whatever, but with the increasing number of people cutting the cord, so to speak, I wonder how that will play out.
    Literally, when I lived in Arlington, the ONLY reason we had cable was so I could watch baseball in season. I couldn't give two fucks less about what's going on the rest of the year, I can hulu that.

15. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

That's exactly why I don't use At Bat in the Postseason. It's great during the regular season, I can get it on my laptop and use the Chromecast to put it on my TV. But the At Bat Postseason bullshit has basically two options; 1) what Shimmered said, which I can't do because no cable or 2) pay for the stupid four-way camera angle thing that makes you miss half the plays and doesn't even cover the AL Playoffs.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched the Cubs game at a Pirates bar because I'm crazy. I'd say it was fun, but this is the gist of what I texted my friend. "Start of game, everyone is cheering let's go Bucs. Shit is crazy." "First run just got scored. They're still cheering, but there is definitely some anger." "Second run scored, they haven't scored on Jake yet, anger is high, same level as hope." "Holy shit, third run scored, people are packing it up. Might as well be 10 runs to some of these guys." "Fourth run, and they're now afraid he's going for a complete game shut up. People are leaving."

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

No big surprise here, McClendon has been fired as the M's manager. At least they're being smart and keeping Edgar Martinez as their hitting coach.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the record, I like PNC park (had a great time in and around the park when I went to see a game a few years back), I like the history of the Bucs, and I'm cool with Pittsburgh in general.

That being said, there's a reason the Pirates were one of the teams that was talked about when Selig was considering downsizing 15 years or so ago. Pittsburgh is a football and hockey town and baseball is a distant third. I still recall watching playoff games in the late 80s, when the Bucs had Bonds and Bonilla, and for a playoff game the stands were maybe two-thirds full. The fans there are apathetic at best.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually what I just posted was incorrect. I was drinking IC Light (Pittsburgh shitty beer) and my memory hasn't recovered. The second and third runs came together. Hope was gone at the third run. Fear and depression came on the 4th run.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Well, in their defense, Arrieta only gave up 4 earned runs in August and September combined, a total of 11 starts. So yeah, they were pretty much screwed by that point.