Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

MLB 2016

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toytoy88, Feb 11, 2016.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    If you haven't seen it, Clayton Kershaw unveiled a new pitch yesterday:

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He said afterwards that he thought time was about to be called, and he sort of just went through the motion. He was committed to throw, but didn't want his catcher to get crossed up by slinging a fastball in there. Kershaw was his stellar self yesterday. But, I was encouraged that the Braves got 10 hits off him, and Matt Wisler went toe-to-toe with Kershaw. Braves lost 2-1 in extra innings.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    This is a potentially big bat to lose, but if any line-up can absorb the loss without missing a beat, it's Toronto.

Blue Jays' Chris Colabello banned 80 games by MLB for PEDs

Colabello, 32, is batting .069 in 10 games for the Blue Jays this season. In 2015, his first season with Toronto, he batted .321 with 15 HR and 54 RBI.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...ello-suspended-80-games-major-league-baseball

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Siiiiiiiiigh.

My 7-year-old daughter's favourite player. He gave her his autograph. Do you know WHY he's her favourite player? Because he's number 15, which was the same number as Lloyd "Shaker" Mosby who was my favourite Jay as a kid. She wears the original white team jersey I wore as a kid thirty years ago to games at Exhibition Stadium. We're going to see them play tomorrow.

Cluster. Fuck. Smoak is a fine replacement for him, has a dirty mitt and is hitting better. And he's a lefty which they need at the plate. Jays have a deep bench but the bullpen needs a serious tune-up.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When a hitter comes out of nowhere you need to question why. The guy hung around the minors and semi-pro baseball and suddenly takes off at the age of 31/32 in the majors? Bullshit. That just does not happen. Unless you're buddies with Cal Ripken. I'm looking at you Brady Anderson.

edit: He was in the Can Am league for quite awhile. We have two local teams in that league, and we go to a few games a year, so I must have seen him play at some point. Nobody in any of those games stood out to me.

#125 Misanthropic, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

G
    That was comical. Hits single-digit home runs numbers and then what, 51 that one season or some crazy number? Back when Ken Caminiti had smaller baseball players orbiting him.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Holy fuck there are far too many replay challenges. Every single close play they challenge because they allow dugout phone communication with the people upstairs. I like the idea of replay getting the right call (especially if some dipshit like Angel is impinge a game) , but let players in the field call for it this shit is ridiculous.

Heh. I'm seeing the Jays play Oakland tomorrow, they are the last American team I haven't seen play in person.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're going to sit next to me and lean forward to jam grub in your pie hole the whole game, making me dodge your head to see . . . And you're going to STILL be looking down and texting from the front row in the 5th inning . . . And, every time the Mets do something good (which was too often, last night, sadly) the ONLY word you can come up with is "nice", over and over and over again . . . The I hope Cespedes turns and rakes a laser shot right into your face. I will not try and catch it and gladly pick it up off the ground while the EMS people come tend to your caved in teeth.

Attached Files:

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

After 32 years of going to Jays games, I finally caught one.

image.jpeg

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Can't wait to see the SportsNet highlight of you beating up a little girl to get it.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It was actually even more hilarious than that. We were the first people to enter the gate, batting practice was still going on. My wife and I snag a beer and take our daughter to the "Junior Jays" exhibits they have there on Saturdays, near the left field corner where Carter put it in '93 but a bit closer to centre. My wife said "go try to get one before everyone gets here". So I walk down to the railing over the bullpen, glove on my left tall boy in my right, when I recognize the lanky guy walking up to hit. I was already super-happy to be there, so...

"HIT IT TO ME, TULO!!!"

...your voice carries like St. Paul's cathedral in that place when it's empty. The bullpen team turns around and cracks up. Two pitches later, he hits a rope at me. I set the beer down, I took only about two steps to the left, leaned over the railing and scooped it at waist-level. And nobody saw it, even my own kid who was getting her face painted. Because of course. Cecil and company got a good laugh again when I screamed "DID LITERALLY NOBODY JUST SEE THAT?!?" She was still thrilled I got the ball, and my wife wouldn't stop laughing at the fact that I can't prove that it happened.

Best catch I ever made.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Hope you didn't spill any beer on your dress.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goddamn cards fans ruining my zen at my sons game.

14. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Taijuan Walker struck out 6 Astros in a row, en route to a 3-2 win. His last pitch was a 97 MPH fastball. Kyle Seager hit his 100th career home run and made a ridiculous defensive play that robbed Carlos Correa of a hit.

I don't care if it is only April, but the Mariners are in first place in the division. Suck it.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Jays bullpen is seriously killing my buzz. Way to blow ANOTHER big lead in no time flat.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Braves are on pace to lose 130 games this year. They have achieved a new level of suck. Each loss is a different failure. They've blown late leads, they've sent out shitty starting pitching, they've failed to execute with runners in scoring position, they give up crooked numbers after 2 outs in an inning, they have a lower team slugging percentage than if I were actually in the starting lineup. It's just sad. So sad. And, the games I can't go to won't sell on StubHub, because nobody is going to the games.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I fully believe that If an alien ship touched down in Busch Stadium they would gas this planet with purified arsenic within sixty seconds. "Baseball Heaven" suck a dick.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No wonder they are there. It's not like they're filling Busch, but they sure as hell SAY they are.

From last night:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

...somebody asked earlier why you should hate the Cardinals and their fans. There you go.

19. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The mere glitch has become a yawning chasm of suckage. They Yankees are playing horrible baseball.

Go Cubs.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

image.jpeg

The Cubs are winning the World Series this year.