Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

My Dream Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Sep 12, 2011.

1. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I mostly have hillbilly car tastes. I'd love an HSV Maloo E Series (it's a ute (pickup) with a 6000cc, 425hp V8, that tops out at 280km/h and does 0-100km/h in 5.5 seconds). The completely retarded car that I'd buy with no concern about money, practicality or anything except I've always wanted one would be a '76 celica hardtop coupe. The specs on them are nothing special - and I'd only buy it if I had the money to have the entire thing rebuilt from the frame up and the insurance to cover the way I'd drive in it - but I've wanted one since I was old enough to know what cars were. High gloss black with matt red boot to bonnet stripes.

2. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Ute? Bonnet? I don't know what the hell I just read.

FOCUS:
    [​IMG]
    In the words of my brother: "If someone gave me a Lamborghini, I'd sell it and buy a chicken house full of Trans Ams." How's that for hillbilly (read: GA trailer trash) taste?

3. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is such a hard question. Right now I drive a Saab Viggen, which I absolutely love. I do, however, want something that can get me to more climbing spots. I'd really like a Toyota 4Runner and some money to play with it.
    Other than that, I don't really have a specific dream car. Just a dream garage filled with several genres of vehicles.

Here's my car, just before I left VT for the desert.

Edit- I fail at the internet today.

Attached Files:

4. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Like REI...

(except I would get it without the Back to the Future accoutrements).

Honestly they are not that expensive and I could afford one. But given the fact that I have no patience for car trouble, no desire to drive out somewhere to find a mechanic who could maintain it, no ability to fix or understand cars whatsoever, and so on, it's a completely impractical dream. I probably wouldn't even fit in there comfortably.

I was once parked in a parking lot getting my stuff together before getting out of the car, and a car drove in and around behind me. I only caught a glimpse of it but my eye was immediately drawn and I went "Jesus, what the hell kind of car is that?" It parked about ten spots down and then I saw the gull-wing door pop up, and I knew.

Attached Files:

5. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Had my car for about 5 years which is the longest I've ever had a car before getting bored of it/upgrading. Been thinking of upgrading for the last few months, running out of reasons not to.

Attached Files:

6. Sully

Sully
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'd like a Mustang. But I'd also like this. With a SVT package and blue/white or white/blue Cunningham stripes because that's the only acceptable paint scheme for an American sports car.

Built by the company that put car keys in every family's hand and named for the man who pioneered the art of stuffing absurdly large engines in small cars for competitive purposes. It also blows the carbon fiber bonnets off most imports with twice the sticker price.

Attached Files:

7. gfunk

gfunk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I bought my dream car around six months ago, an EH Holden. It still need lots of work but in the end I hope to have it looking something like this one.

Attached Files:

• EH.jpg
      EH.jpg
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
  8. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Why? Taken from another site.
    # One Top Fuel dragster's 500-cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower than the first four rows at the Daytona 500.

# A stock Dodge Hemi V-8 engine cannot produce enough power to drive the dragster's supercharger.

# With 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

# At the stoichiometric 1.7:1 air-fuel mixture for nitro methane, the flame front temperature measures about 7000 degrees Fahrenheit.

# Nitro methane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, separated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing heat of the exhaust gases.

# Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

# Spark plug electrodes can be totally consumed during a single pass. After half-distance, the engine is dieseling from compression plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees Fahrenheit. The engine is shut down by cutting the fuel flow.

# If a spark plug fails early in the run, un-burned nitro can build up in the affected cylinder and explode with sufficient force to blow the cylinder head off in pieces or split the cylinder block in half.

# In order to exceed 300 mph in 4.5 seconds, dragsters must accelerate at an average of more than 4 g's. In order to reach 200 mph before half-distance, the launch acceleration approaches 8 g's. A Top Fuel dragster reaches more than 300 mph before you have completed reading this sentence.

# With a redline that can be as high as 9500 rpm, Top Fuel engines turn approximately 540 revolutions from light to light. Including the burnout, the engine needs to survive only 900 revolutions under load.

# Assuming that all of the equipment is paid off, the crew works gratis, and nothing breaks, each run costs an estimated $1000 per second.

# The current Top Fuel dragster elapsed time record is 4.441 seconds for the quarter-mile (October 5, 2003, Tony Schumacher). The top-speed record is 333.25 mph as measured over the last 66 feet of the quarter-mile (November 9, 2003, Doug Kalitta).

# Putting all of this into perspective: You are driving the average $140,000 Lingenfelter twin-turbo Corvette Z06. More than a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged and ready to launch down a measured quarter-mile as you pass. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the Vette up through the gears and blast across the starting line and past the dragster at an honest 200 mph. The "tree" goes green for both of you at that moment. The dragster launches and starts after you. You keep your foot down, but you hear a brutal whine that sears your eardrums, and within three seconds, the dragster catches you and beats you to the finish line, a quarter-mile from where you just passed him. From a standing start, the dragster spotted you 200 mph and not only caught you but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1320 feet.

9. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For sheer class and history, a 1955 Mercedes 300 SL Gulwing:

[​IMG]

For sheer insanity, a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. Almost completely carbon fiber, V10, 570 HP and a 2.5 second 0-60 time? Yes. Please.

[​IMG]

10. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I know we've had threads in the past with the topics of what you refuse to spend lightly on or cut corners on....my car is that for me. If its not a car I lust after, I'm not going to buy it and I'm not going to drive it. I'm in my car more often than I am anything else, so I might as well not settle and purchase something I'm going to continuously be happy with.

I've got two right now...

My 2008 VW R32. They only made 5000 in the US- each one is numbered on the steering wheel. I have #1057. Its quick, it's rare, its got launch control, and its a hell of a lot of fun.[​IMG]

This is the toy- 1972 Mustang convertible. I don't have any pics on my work computer, so this is just a stock image. My father and I rebuilt it almost from the ground up. Currently has a 302 in it...this summer we're swapping that for a 351 Cleveland.[​IMG]

I do believe this is my next dream purchase...within the next 6 months. I've always wanted one, and the badassness of the new GT 5.0's is almost too much to handle. Its not as flashy as a GT-R, Evo, or STi, and everybody and their mother has the lame stock Mustang, but goddamn....I still want one parked in my driveway.
    [​IMG]

Super Dream car? Pft. Easy...it's expensive, it's flashy, and it screams "I may not be 100% sane". This was the first car I noticed in the video games I played when I was young that made me drool. Something about it just excited me. For nostalgia factor, I'd go with one of these Diablos versus the insane Sestos.
    [​IMG]

11. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Absolutely this.

It's affordable, it will out-run damn near anything on the road, and it's easy attainable from a financial perspective. For about as much as you'd pay for a new Evo MR ($40Kish), you can be driving an Atom. I've got a Subaru when I need AWD, I don't need another car that can seat five people. I do, however, think that owning something that unique would be seriously cool and I swear here and now that I'm going to have one some day.

If I suddenly became lottery rich, though, I've been a Ferrari lover all of my life, with the F-50 sitting at the top of the pack for me. I've seen it in person only twice--once at the Yankee Candle car museum (which is no longer there) in Massachusetts, and again at the Ferrari Museum across from the factory in Italy. With a great deal of convincing--and no one looking--the guy in charge of the museum at Yankee Candle let me sit in the drivers seat. At 14 years old, it was the coolest thing ever.

I would also want a Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. Again, I'd need to be lottery rich, but I think owning a car that can theoretically drive upside down at speeds of over 160mph is something that you just have to own.

Attached Files:

#31 effinshenanigans, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. eric

eric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For as long as I can remember, I've lusted after Porsches; 911's to be specific. In the "I just won the lottery" scenario, the first car I would go out and buy is a 911 Turbo S. Can't wait to see what the 991 series Turbo will bring to the table.

[​IMG]

For the wife, I'd probably get an Audi R8 V10. I'm not a huge fan of Audi's, but I've seen this car a couple times in person and its stunning.

[​IMG]

For when I needed something more practical, I'd keep a Panamera Turbo S in the garage.

[​IMG]

Finally, for lugging the dogs around I'd get a BMW X5 M, just because its stupid fast.

[​IMG]

But really, these will most likely always remain dream cars to me (short of winning the lottery and not giving a shit about money anymore). Truth is, while I love cars, I love the idea of not having to work alot more. And unless you love your job, a car is really just a hearse for another day of your life spent at work. I could cash a Nissan GT-R tomorrow, but I'd rather retire a couple years sooner.

But we're talking dreams cars here...so add a 2012 GT-R to my list; modded to 800 WHP please.

13. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because I want luxury, performance, and room.

[​IMG]

14. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This isn't exactly a Ferrari or anything, but my dream car is a 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R. Only 1500 were made from a product line that only produced a total of 68,500 units. Sexy, fast, rare, and all mine? Fuck yes.

[​IMG]

The previous generation, a 1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II comes an extremely close second. Not only that, I actually have a chance of buying one of these. My first car was a 1988 RX-7 SE. I loved the way it handled, the sound of the rotary engine, the look, everything.

[​IMG]

15. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've been fortunate to own a couple of cools cars.

My first car was a 1966 Olds 442, a relatively unknown muscle car. It had a 400cid big block and a 3-speed with a Hurst floor shifter. I bought it for $1500 as a complete basket-case and put it together with my dad.

I don't have a picture of mine handy but this is what it looked like except it was blue.[​IMG]

My current car has already been mentioned in this thread, a 2011 Mustang GT with the 5.0 and a 6-speed. Not the most practical daily-driver but when I go around a corner sideways with my ass on fire it makes it worth it.

This is actually my car.

I think my ultimate dream car would be a Ferrari 458. It's a fantastic looking car and I love all the technology.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll see that and raise you:

The Year One Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am. Only $149k. Yes, please.

Attached Files:

17. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm pretty lucky, because I've owned two of my three dream cars (the other being a McLaren F1). The first was a '91 Acura NSX that was modified to the high heavens. Supercharged, ridiculous brakes, every go-fast JDM part imaginable was on that car. It broke my heart when I let a friend drive it who decided it would be nicer totaled in a ditch. Her name was Roxanne.

My current daily driver is an '03 BMW M5, which was my second dream car. When it was made, no other sport sedan on the planet could touch it, and it really ushered in the idea that a 4-door car could have north of 400 horsepower. It is wicked fast and super fun to drive. None of my friends will be driving it.

Roxanne with a few close friends.

Roxanne shortly after her untimely execution by an idiot.

The hoss Bimmer.

Attached Files:

18. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Right now, I'm going to go with the current Cadillac CTS-V, in either sedan or coupe form, three pedals. Previously, my dream car was the E39 BMW B5. A little over three years ago, I bought the next best thing: A 2003 BMW 540i Sport, 6-speed manual.

19. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

mine's the 1970 El Camino SS. If it's my dream car, and money's no object, then it's midnight blue with the white racing stripes. I can't explain why or what appeals to me about it, but i know it makes my balls tingle.

Attached Files:

20. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2011 Ford F150 Raptor SVT. 6.2L V8 411 HP off the floor, plus an optional luxury package. Designed to be able to withstand 8 foot jumps as is. I have an 07 F150 right now with Fords shitty 5.4L which they are now phasing out because it sucks ass.