Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

My Happy Place

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toddamus, Jun 11, 2014.

1. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So um. Hey. The Husband's dad crashed a helicopter in Crater Lake. Have a beer and share some with him next time you go there.

My happy place?
    CrossFit North Arlington. It's a place I built with my own bare hands and determination and sweat and tears and time, created on my back as I carried it through the growing pains and did most of it debt free. Building it, learning and teaching inside those walls, establishing relationships with people that have carried me through some of the worst moments of my life.
    Or on the porch with the twinkle lights on and a baseball game in the background.
    Or the ocean. I can sit at the ocean for hours.

UNhappy place?
    ANYWHERE with crowds of people jostling around. I tolerate baseball games because baseball. But otherwise - I hate it. And lines.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

So we all like outdoors and nature apparently. So when's the TIB camping trip? What's everyone bringing?

3. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Me and the wife are baseball nuts. We used to go on a baseball trip every year. Last year I finally had enough and I won't attend a baseball game again.

Those places were fucking turned into Amusement Parks for kids. Kiss Cams, games during half innings, walkup music, 8 dollar beers, shitty fucking food, multiple first pitches, all in the name of finding a way to shoehorn in a new fucking advertisement.

How the fuck can you have multiple FIRST pitches?

It reminds me of a quote from Airheads:

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'll bring the styrofoam and gasoline for the campfire. I also have a mess-kit.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm bringing a long range rifle, some lye and plastic gloves. The best defense is a good offense.

Anyway, I went camping here last year, I'm sure everyone here would've hated this scenery.

[​IMG]

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My home/apartment has to be my happy place. If it isn't something is wrong. I should have everything I need there, because that is the one place where no one should be able to restrict my access to.

My unhappy place is currently my parents house. 1) My mom is a hoarder so its an extremely nice house that looks like hell because she won't even throw anything away. 2) The 9/10 times I'm asked to go over there its to do futile cleaning or yard work.