Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Never puttin’ that in my mouth again…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NatCH, May 15, 2022.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sweet, merciful crap, fucking Luby's.

I have never understood how anyone liked their bland, overcooked "food."

Whenever family members would come to visit, we'd go to Luby's. Whenever there was a school trip, we'd eat at Luby's.

And every time, I'd get shit for not wanting to eat that slop.

"You're not just going to eat rolls! You need to eat something else, or you can't have any dessert!" my mom would say.

AND EVEN THE DESSERTS SUCKED.

They claimed to make all of their food from scratch, but it all tasted like TV dinners.

2. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Growing up dirt farm poor we ate most of the things listed on the regular and while I don't eat most of them today I don't have any particularly strong disgust towards them.

The exception though would be braunschweiger. All summer long we'd eat white bread sandwiches with miracle whip, tomatoes from the garden, and braunschweiger. Just looking at the stuff makes me want to throw up.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is some mighty fine eating your turning your nose up at, although I prefer it with a pile of raw onions and mustard on the most processed white bread commercially available.

Thankfully I can still buy it here in the south although it’s not the same as getting it from Kogel.

Also here in the south I got introduced to there version of it, livermush.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush
    It’s fine dining if you like liver.

Of course my daughter loves none of these things or anything even remotely close to it because I don’t make her eat food she hates. Growing up I was required to eat what was made, no questions asked. Mom is a good cook so it wasn’t usually a problem.

Except for fucking relish. I will never willingly eat relish or pickles again. Ever.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

cheesesteak and fried okra was solid. Liver and onions too sometimes. Everything else sucked

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Luby’s, unbelievably, owned Fuddrucker’s. Fuddrucker’s was one of the few American chains I liked. Big Boy, Sveden House and Sign Of The Beefcarver we’re all absolute stomach-churning garbage. They got the “strike one and you’re out” treatment due to how bad they were.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See, my friends in the south told me that scrapple (which I fucking love) is like livermush. But I’ve never had livermush.

There is nothing better than a side of scrapple with your breakfast.