Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NFL 2010 Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by pterodactyl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder how him and his thirty six million will ever make it..............

3. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I like to picture him blowing it Lawrence Taylor style. Instead of coke and hookers though, it's on Hostess snack cakes and Little Debbie.

Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what kind of a 15 year old LT thought he was tagging last night. I mean really, I can't imagine he cave man raped her, I figure it's a statutory situation with the details we have, but really? He's been around the block and 'cleaned up' long enough that I'm surprised.

4. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear Lawrence Taylor,

Thanks man. I owe ya one.

Sincerely,

Ben Roethlisberger

Has anyone read the SI piece on Ben by the way? I happened to be in Pgh for the past week so there was a lot of buzz about it on the sportstalk stations.

5. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on what I gathered from the story on the news earlier tonight, she was a hooker that had run away from home and the encounter had been set up through a pimp who had forced her into prostitution. He was charged with solicitation and third degree rape, which according to ESPN, is levied when the victim is underage.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5167613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/ ... id=5167613</a>

6. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wow, you'd really think he'd have more sense than this. If alarms aren't going off when a beat up hooker shows up you gotta worry. Raplisberger really does owe him for diverting rape attention like Tiger owes Jesse James for infidelity attention.

Great article on the Jets being shitty to their fans.

7. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm really excited to watch the Falcons this season. This article didn't help. Dimitroff is a great guy to have in the front office, he's really bringing solid, SOLID, pieces into Flowery Branch. I actually got a chance to meet him for a second at the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame induction in 2008 (I did the programs), and he was a real cool dude and was really short. Dude kinda looked like the Heat Miser from the old Frosty stop-motion animations from our childhoods. His woman is fine as fuck though, so oh well, sucks to be me. I don't think he gets enough credit. Personally, I was on MeAngelo Halls side for that side line scuffle last season, but Mike Smith is the kinda coach I want on my sideline. That's my NFC team after living in Georgia for a decade.

Theeeeeen there's the Bills. My TEAM. Big news, Chan Gailey is following Brian Brohm around... Fuck, it's gonna be another long season. I see so many smart moves around the NFL, but these guys CONSTANTLY leave me scratching my head. Signing Mike Matthews was their biggest splash in free agency so far, at least signing T.O. gave me something to be excited for. Only because of the earlier mentioned decade in Georgia am I luckily slightly intrigued by the Chan Gailey hire, but come on, seriously? Brohm has the potential to be a good QB, but then so did Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick and now you've got a fan base sick and tired of watching QBs with potential fizzle out. Riddle me this sports fans, no matter how good CJ Spiller is, what's he gonna do with no one to block for him, cause unless your name is Barry Sanders, you're fucked. Where's the protection for anyone to have a chance!?! Well, they spent a 5th and 7th round pick on offensive linemen...

We're in the Horse Latitudes between the draft and preseason, dear God I miss football.

8. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Bills are supposedly the frontrunners to get Jared Gaither from the Ravens. The Ravens moved Oher to the blindside in minicamp and gave Gaither snaps at RT only. Since the Ravens have two decent options at RT (Yanda and Cousins) they are shopping Gaither again.

9. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not posting this cause I don't believe you, only because I just read it.

The Ravens also strongly considered trading Gaither last month had they been able to receive a high second-round pick for him. His market value would be considerably less as a right tackle.

Is what you heard in recent news? Works for me regardless, at least this way they're not paying as much if what this report says is true.

10. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Earlier today Shefter squashed a rumor on twitter that Gaither to the Bills for a 2011 2nd was a done deal, but I think that deal or something similar is very possible down the line. That the Ravens are ready to go with Oher at LT makes them more willing to part with Gaither.

11. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Drew Rosenhaus is Gaither's agent? One thing I learned from the T.O. deal, is that Rosenhaus is pretty buddy-buddy with the higher ups at one Bills Drive.

12. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

13. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Mike Wise made a great comment on his 106.7 the Fan show today. With Brian Westbrook visiting the Skins (his brother and McNabb already on the team and owning a home there), if he were to sign they'd have the most dominant backfield... of 2006. Seems like they're putting together the 21st century over-the-hill gang. Did I mention Joey Porter is visiting too?

I've said it before, but ANYONE that wants the best insight in my mind in the NFL, check out LaVar Arrington's show on there 2-6 weekdays. It streams live and he's always on the ball.

14. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Oops, that was fuckin' stupid of me. As Gator was kind enough to point out, Joey Porter signed with Arizona already. Dee dee dee. I'm really trying to feed my NFL fix and fucking up in the process.

Bucs let Doug WIlliams leave as head of pro personnel,a position open in the Skins front office.

15. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Maybe it's the decade of hard-core Madden play that makes me rather sentimental for all of these guys.

Norm Hand dies.

Dude was listed at 6'3" 310 lbs.

16. Bosco

Bosco
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That's what Mike Shanahan does. It worked well back in the mid 90's to early 2000's, but I don't know if it'll work these days.

17. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That team is like Jurassic Park.

Fuck Haynesworth. I'm sorry, Buttersworth. Him and Andre Johnson really have to suck it up.

I HAAAATE ICELAND! Wait, I HATE LOSMAN! J.P. Losman is in Seattle, and I hope he goes the way of Theisman. Fucker.

18. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I hate the Dolphins, but I'm happy to see Zach Thomas get to retire as one. That guy really epitomized the Dolphins defense for years, and I still think that the 03 defense with Thomas, Seau, Taylor, Ogunleye, Madison, Surtain and Marion among other, was one of if not the best Miami D unit I've seen.

19. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

At this point, even if he were to fail, I'd be perfectly happy if the Bills would at least give Vick a shot. Vick says he'll start again.

20. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the 2014 Superbowl in New Jersey (New York-ish). Thoughts?

If you want to bring the biggest sporting event in America to the biggest city in America, I'm fine with that.