Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NFL 2010 Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by pterodactyl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

JaMarcus Russell arrested for codeine syrup. Am I the only one not shocked by this? Now that he's not on a roster (or wanted on a roster, for that matter) it's just a matter of time before he crashes and burns. Reality TV appearances would not shock me in the least.

He was released on $2,500 bond, or approximately 400 value meals. Depends on how you count.

"That's why I tell y'all I'm nothing like these dudes, for a 100 million my ass will play 4-3, 3-4, 5-9, 4-8, and still whip ass!"

2. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Hmmm, a fat and lethargic codeine abuser, with a habit that got to the point of a search warrant? 'Splains a lot. I'd make a joke about him here still having a shot with the Raiders, but FUCK, he even burned that bridge. Bahahahaha, hope he saved his money.

3. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Antonio Pierce retired after nine seasons. He's like London Fletcher, not one of those high profile guys, but one hell of a player.

4. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

God damn, I talk a lot of Skins... but the BITTER Bills fan in me is what picked this one up. Mike "Mean Mother" Williams to miss season with heart clots. One in a string of poor draft choices by the Buffalo Bills. Not to sound horrible, but this is an ideal candidate for dying extremely young. Look him up, his struggle with his weight is scary. No wonder he's got a bum ticker.

5. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

40 reasons Matt Millen sucks a fat one.

Lions fans, I do feel for you poor suckers. And that's coming from a Bills fan (have I ever mentioned that, ha ha ha). I do like Stafford, but I have a definite SEC bias.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Pfffffffffffffffffffft.

20 days until preseason game 1!

But shegirl preseason doesn't even count for anything. They don't even play their starters for the most part.

I DON'T CARE. It's football.

7. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

He's doing what he did last season. Everyone knows he's coming back, and since he's Favre and in football terms what they call 'old as fuck,' he doesn't (nor should he have to in my opinion) have to show up for training camp. If there's any one player I could think of that could pull this off it's him. He knows how to play. Give him a couple preseason games and he's ready to go.

8. Porkins

Porkins
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Favre has the Vikings by the stones. With him, they have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. Without him, they don't. It's as simple as that -- and everyone involved, Favre, Childress, and probably most of the Vikings team, knows it.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a Vikings Homer, first off. Never gonna be any team that supercedes that.

That being said, I believe Favre has had a solid deal with the team since the end of last season. Both parties would be retarded if he didn't. He has a very good chance to win it all again with our team, and we have nothing that could possibly replace him.

Tell me, is any NFL coach stupid enough to go into the season without a QB? Of course not. Brett is gonna win it for us this year. Mark it.

10. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

T.O. links to St. Louis hyped up. Ochocinco has been dropping T.O.'s name a lot on his FaceBook/Tweets here lately, but he did that last year too, so take that for what it's worth. Not gonna lie, wish he'd be back in Buffalo.

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Linkage.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dez Bryant is fucked. Maybe a quarterback with a Heisman and 2 BCS championships under his name going to a dead team like the Rams, Detroit or Tampa where the players souls are broken could get away with this shit, but not Dez Bryant, and not on the Cowboys. They are going to do some crazy shit to this kid. And ESPN (and any and all football show) is going to talk about it all day, every day until February. God forbid he makes any mistake this season coming up. Now I wish they were in the middle of their reality show, because he's fucking going to get it.

13. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That pretty much says, I'm gonna take your job. Last rookie I heard making such a stink about this was a fella named Ryan Leaf, ya'll may have heard of him.

14. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Flip side of things: what makes Roy fucking Williams think someone else should carry his pads?

Shouldn't that luxury be reserved for players who are, you know...good?

15. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I thought DB's backpedaled not WR's...

I want to defend Bryant, mostly because he is a tremendous talent, but I just can't. Dez has all the makings to be the next T.O., by being great on the field but careless and crude in the press, all while touting his own ego. The way he has handled this is mind-blowingly stupid. He comes out and defends himself after failing to follow suit in what other rookies do year after year in all major sports, then he goes back and says that he didn't know of a tradition, the same one that he was protesting in the first place! How hard is it to figure out? A vet tells you, a rookie, to carry his pads. This is obviously a ritual/hazing/tradition. The situation is very obvious in this case.

Bryant is now the creator of one my new favorite athlete quotes: "I didn't know nothing about no tradition" Bryant said. "The only thing about me ... when I try to do something right, ya'll try and turn it negative and I don't feel like that's right. I'm trying my best to do the right thing but it seems like I can't do the right thing because every little thing that I do ya'll watching it and try to make a big deal out of it."

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I like this part:

Yeah, because why again?

He's an idiot and seeing the way to talks when he gives interviews and such, he shouldn't be a problem because he really needs to just keep his mouth shut and play ball. He makes himself sound even more stupid when he opens his mouff.

Is this tradition in the entire NFL? Anyone know?

17. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That's the thing, it's not just in the NFL. Stuff like this, as harmless as it is, runs rampant through sports all the way down to the high school ranks. Hazing in itself is horrible, but this is barely "hazing" in the sense of the word that the public perceives it to be. Dez should've just kept his mouth quiet and done what the Vet said, while enacting his revenge on the field in taking his spot.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's official, TO is going to the Bengals with Occhoeldickheadprankstero. Will there be enough room in the locker room for both of their heads?

19. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who cares about their heads, I just hope there is room on the trophy shelf for everything we (Yes I can say that, as a PSL and six year season ticket holder) are going to win!

Normally I keep away from chants. But today, I'm making an exception. WHO DEY, WHO DEY, WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT THEM BENGALS.......NOOOOOOOO BODY!

20. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Cincy fans, ENJOY THIS. I have no faith in this move putting Cincy anywhere ahead of Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the division. It's like him being in Buffalo. It puts butts in the seats, makes the game more enjoyable for fans of a lackluster franchise and will boost jersey revenues.

That franchise has really done nothing to make a move in a tough division. I still don't see them doing better than third, and even without Rapelesberger, I think Pittsburgh has a better shot. And don't sleep on Cleveland. While some of their moves don't quite make sense to me, they're up to something that will be either a colossal failure as usual, or put them in a good position to improve over the next few years. Holmgren is pulling in too many dudes from Seattle and veterans that it can't just be a coincidence.