Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NFL 2010 Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by pterodactyl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just to stir shit, and I honestly did not believe this until a week ago when I had a conversation about quarter backs but I'm going to say...I think Matt Schaub is right behind, or next too Aaron Rogers in breaking into that next tier. He had a higher completion percentage, more yards (bye a few) and 1 less TD. Just 8 more interceptions.

Both players suffer from shitty lines and other factors they can't control. I've had conversations with smarter football minds than I that have told me the Texan's plays are the most predictable in the NFL, that could be bullshit, or could be a factor, I don't know.

2. Stimpson J Cat

Stimpson J Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Its not official yet, but looks like Favre is done. The press conference is supposed to be later today.

Well, this fucks my season up pretty bad.

3. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll give it a few weeks until 'ole Brett decides to come back...still no official word from him personally so I'll believe it when I hear it from him.

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I'll believe it come the 12th.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dont even beleive it when it comes from his own mouth.

It's came from his own mouth twice before.

6. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even ESPN isn't pretending like it's not a joke at this point.

Attached Files:

7. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

All douche baggery aside, it bums me out to see him go. Now ALL the guys I grew up watching are gone. Hope Sage can back up all that talk he was doing last season.

Just got a text–"I think Brett Favre claims retirement then goes to Vegas, bets on the Vikes cheaper and say's 'he's back.'"

8. Bosco

Bosco
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'll personally be glad to see the overrated media whore go away.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Where's the fucking stream???? Anyone?

10. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I won't believe it until well into the season. I honestly think he is willing to sit out the first game or two. I could see him sitting at home, rooting for the Saints to kill the Vikings in Week 1, so that they'll come begging and pleading for him to return, and he can return to the Vikings for their Week 2 game to much fanfare and be hailed as a savior.

Part of it will be that he just wants to sit at home. Part of it will be that once the Vikings come begging and pleading at his door, he won't be able to refuse. Part of it (IMHO) is that he is a little worried about all the off-season talk from some Saints defensive players saying that, if Favre played, they'd aim for his recently-repaired ankle.

I just don't believe it, and WON'T believe it until well into the season. It will take the Vikings being eliminated from the playoffs without Favre there.

I could even see it coming to the point where the Vikings are in Week 11, they're 6-4 or 7-3, and he'd return to give the Vikings a shot at the playoffs. I could see it where the Vikings are making it to the playoffs after week 14, with a record of 10-3 or 9-4 (probably enough to win a fairly weak NFC North), and deciding he wants to try to just return for the last few weeks and the playoffs. It is entirely possible the Vikings can still win the NFC north with that defense, and with a running back like AP, and Favre knows that. The only thing he cares about is a Superbowl. I don't think he cares about sticking it to GB or the Jets, I think he cares ENTIRELY about going out as a Superbowl winner, and if he can do that with as little work as possible, he will.

11. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, Favre is being a douche about it, but it's really the media that's hyping it up. Same deal with the Haynesworth thing. The ANALysts need something to talk about, so they beat the dead horse. Last I heard, Favre texted his teammates, he didn't call a press conference, he didn't release a statement. If they weren't trying to fill our need for 24 hour NFL coverage, I can't see this being half as big a deal.

12. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ed Werder spoke to him and Farve says he's undecided.

13. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

They changed the Vegas odds, and now he's undecided... ESPN saying he'll be back if healthy opening day? ONCE AGAIN, LaVar Arrington calls it. 2-7 on 106.7 the fan, tellin' ya'll that guy is in the know.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

So it was a bunch of bullshit, yes we now know that so thanks for nothing ESPN, except fueling the "media-whore" mentality against him. To all of you that think he's behind all of this shit, do you believe everything you read?

Rather than getting all pissy because of the stir Shanks comments caused he laughed. That's part of why his fans are just that.

Obviously I hope to see him step on the field again. I don't care what color he wears, I'll still watch.

Question: Was the hit that caused the ankle injury a dirty one? I can't remember.

15. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's the play. I watched it a few times just now and it looks like it could have been dirty, but it also just looks like the one guy hit him low and was going to tackle him, but another Saint was hitting him up top and he kind of twisted.

Edit: The guy coming in low got there a little late maybe.

#275 john_b, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

God I love to see Favre's wife and daughter.

So what's the consensus? Is he coming back or staying away? My vote is for a return at the very end of the preseason.

17. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

ESPN was saying he may be back for the 3rd preseason game (they're offering him a ton of money) and he denied that he sent text messages to his teammates saying that he was done.

18. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw something on ESPN a while ago where they caught up with Farve and asked him a few questions. The most telling went something like this:

ESPN Guy: How's the ankle feeling?
    Farve: (long pause) Well, I haven't made a decision yet. That should tell you something.

Peter King also said he was told by sources that the ankle is still bothering him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back sometime in September/October/November if they have a chance to make the playoffs and the ankle is actually healthy.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

What happens if he does take that long? Does the offer on the table get smaller, the shorter his season is?

Like most I think he'll be back, it's more a matter of when.

Also what happens if he waits, it gets better but in the time he's not playing in the games they suck big green donkey dicks and lose a bunch of games digging their hole for the postseason?

20. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they'll probably keep the offer the same and just pro-rate it based on how many games he plays. He said on ESPN that it wasn't an issue about money at all, so presumably he'll be back if/when he's healthy.

If he didn't send those texts and doesn't have anything new to say about the situation, why the fuck is this such a big story over the past two days? Thank god for Arod hitting 600. Maybe now SportsCenter'll only spend 25 minutes on Favre tonight. At this point I'm so fucking sick of him it's not even funny.