Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NFL 2010 Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by pterodactyl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. NotaPharmacist

NotaPharmacist
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm sure your former sideline reporter agrees with you: http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-once-sent-me-cock-shots-not-a-love-story?skyline=true&s=i

2. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You are wishing injury on him? I just thought Your defensive coordinator was classless.... When as a team your only hope is to try to injure someone, I think it says a lot about the organization.

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, I'll agree with Chater as long as we're talking about players who play like this.

4. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's the QB dude... the fact he's throwing a block is a small miracle within itself. That's like getting tackled by the kicker, you just don't let it happen or live with the shame.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Favre hating and wishing injury on any player aside, it was so nice to watch football, on Sunday night. I sat at the bar too long and missed the first 5 of the first, which was probably the best part of the game but oh well. I should have and would have stayed at the bar to watch but I'd been there since about noon. It was time to go, my $52 tab said so.

6. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you don't know how to throw a proper block, you don't do it. Period. Wilson didn't let it happen because he wasn't expecting a WWE-style shoulder check into his knees.

In other news, Brian Cushing is claiming his positive test was from "overtraining." I want to laugh at the absurdity, but stranger things have happened. Can anyone on here with a medical background endorse this?

7. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Overtraining will supposedly decrease your testosterone levels. How that translates into a positive steroids test I have no idea. I think he's talking out his ass.

8. bigtom0404

bigtom0404
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Actually, he tested positive for a fertility drug, not steroids, which in normal aspects relates to elevated hormonal levels. What he is describing/claiming, is that he has a condition from over training that caused this. ESPN did an article on it here...

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5449113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... id=5449113</a>

With that being said, I still think its a load of bullshit even though I am a Houstonian and a life long Houston Oilers and Houston Texans fan.

9. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember seeing him play in a couple games back in high school and even then, he was surrounded by steroid rumors. Maybe it's just skepticism brought on by so many athletes testing positive and coming up with ridiculous excuses, but this one seems even more absurd than most. Obviously I can't say for sure, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

10. bigtom0404

bigtom0404
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I believe Cushing tested positive at USC for some type of banned substance did he not?

11. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

This is the first offseason I can ever remember where I was purposefully avoiding following the Vikes because I just don't get any sense that the upcoming season will be anything other than a disaster. It seems every piece of news out of Winter Park is bad news:

-There's the Favre saga as we're all well aware
    -Harvin is having migraine problems, the same problems that reduced his effectiveness at the end of last season
    -Rice is out with a mysterious hip injury that from all appearances is really a contract issue
    -Even if Favre comes back the QB position looking into the future is a mess
    -Henderson still isn't all the way back from his leg injury last year and he's one of the keys to the defense
    -Peterson's butterfingers

The Vikings still have talent, but it just seems like a 9-7 season to me with lots of drama. I'm really not looking forward to it.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's that line? The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it?

Now, I'm not bashing Baltimore, I like them as a team. I'm not a fan of theirs but I don't mind playing with them in Madden. Can someone tell me, even though their secondary is currently in shambles, why ESPN keeps picking them for the Superbowl? Is everyone else in shambles?

13. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Full Disclosure: I am a Ravens fan -- so take this for what it is worth.

I believe everything else, besides the corners and maybe the kicker, on the team is solid. If the Ravens can keep up an adequate pass rush then they won't have to rely on their corners as much.

Ravens also have a strong running game (Rice & McGahee) which can help to kill time and keep the defense off the field.

No team is all around solid -- everyone has some sort of weakness and with the Ravens it is their cornerbacks.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

So why I had to watch the Ravens v SC game rather than the Saints v Pats is beyond me. Yes, I know there was another game on too but I don't like either team. And I had to listen to fucking Chuckie in the booth. Is anyone else completely annoyed by his CONSTANT yapping? Bugs the fuck outta me.

EDIT: I will note that someone finally told him to hold fucking still and stop waving his stubby little hands around all the damn time.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What I learned so far from preseason that means nothing. There have been zero surprises. Bears suck. Tebow probably won't be able to use the new throwing motion in game for a year or two. And Brad Childress is retarded for not having Sage be the starter. Poor Detroit, St. and SF.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Holy crap did Eli take a hit or what? I know it looked far worse than it was because it was spewing blood. That was quite a smack for it being preseason though.

EDIT:
    I guess he's to blame. I like the last sentence in his statement. At least he fully admits it was his slip up that caused the inital hit that took off his helment. And he's a Manning. Whoa.

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brett Favre is on a plane to Minnesota. I told you dumb fucks he was coming back. I hope the plane crashes, so we can have a real retirement party for him.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Bitter Betty.

Interesting they'd do this. Does this kind of thing go on normally? I recall coaching staff doing this obviously but players?

19. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Glenn Coffee retired. Apparently he wants to be a priest? Who saw that one coming, the Westbrook signing just got interesting. With Gore's knack for injuries and Westbrook's for concussions, the three spot in San Fran just became a sleeper back.

20. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brett "Anything You Can Do I Can Do While Wearing Wrangler Jeans" Favre has played through car accidents, sprained ankles, broken thumbs, torn knees, bruised egos, and dead dads. You really think a motherfucking PLANE is gonna stop him?

Child please.