Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Oct 8, 2015.

1. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She was, when we saw the guy as M, just seemed so wrong.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think Fiennes will make an awesome M, because he is without a doubt an awesome actor. I loved that office scene. That along with that fabulous Aston Martin was a couple of the great homages Sam Mendes threw in for tribute to his favourite film series. I'm glad he's directing SPECTRE as well, because Skyfall was honestly one of the most gorgeously-shot movies I have EVER seen. Remember he's the guy who made American Beauty and Road To Perdition, he has an eye to say the least.

What about Cillian Murphy as Bond? He's proven himself to be talented and transforming, and can play characters with charisma to burn.

#42 Crown Royal, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  3. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So thinking on the young side. .... thats a tough one because men usually grow into the suave cool you expect from James Bond. How about one of the Hemsworth brothers? I have never seen them actually IN anything but boy are they pretty. The actors who play John Snow? Robb Stark? Jaime Lannister?

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm only slightly kidding, but Tyrion Lannister would kill as Bond. Dinklage would own that shit. For only being testicle height dude has more swagger and attitude than anyone I can think of right now. Hell, Tyrion is practically Bond on screen already. (Fun Fact: the Lannister father was a villain in For Your Eyes Only, Charles Dance. So was Grandmaster Pycelle, Julian Glover)

As for Dalton, dude was unknown in America mostly, but he was all over stage and film. He played Phillip in The Lion In Winter opposite O'Toole. Right next to Anthony Hopkins. Goddamn, the brits are just better actors. It's the stage. Nme a mind blowing American actor right now. DeNiro shit the bed, Pacino is completely nuts. We have The Dinklage and Spacey (who left America to do British theater).

5. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I think it's a sign of the times. Connery pulled it off at 32 in the first film, but these days actors make it a point to look as young as possible so I can't think of a 32 year old actor who looks the right age to pull off Bond suave.

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You actually are right about Dinklage, if they want to go REALLY alternative. Actually Jaimie has some swagger too, but he's older than the others I mentioned.

7. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was about to say Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the actor of Jaime. Guy has a wonderful voice, presence and way of being to bring to James Bond as a character.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Im sure Dinklage would own it, except for the part where he had to engage in fisticuffs with a henchman or two. Then instead of Bond disposing of two bad guys, you have two guys beating a midget to a pulp, which although entertaining, would kind of ruin the film if he just dies on the spot.

9. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He could headbutt or otherwise attack their knees, groin and legs? I kid of course. It'd be fascinating to see a Dinklage character in a Bond movie.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I feel like his strength would lie in biting people on the ankles or something to screw up their center of gravity and topple over. So that way after the person falls over complaining that James Bond just bit them, he could straddle them and play a flute and summon Warwick Davis' Leprechaun character.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If we can't have Tyrion, then Bronn would be Bond. He already has nailed the sociopathic killer and epic one-liners shticks, and he lives to get laid. Not the most handsome dude sure, but then again Roger Moore looked like a too-tanned Montgomery Ward manniquin.

12. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or he uses his magnificent, bulbous forehead to summon attack dolphins.

Midgets and Aquaman are eerily similar.

Dinklage would be the first Bond wearing a helmet, fired out of a canon at enemies. Theme song by the guys who did Safety Dance.

13. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A midget would make the perfect James Bond. Remember Goldeneye on the N64? Who was the best multiplayer character? In case you forgot... It was oddjob. Who was very small. In the movie he was a regular sized guy.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because you had to actively aim downward to get him. Everyone else was the same size. It was like being Dhalsam in street fighter 2. With those crazy arms and legs that extended all the way out, you had an unfair advantage.

15. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chun Li's kicks I always found a good remedy for this. And for GoldenEye, an Oddjob player was best shot while crouched.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We used to ban the use of Oddjob, cause the only people who used him were hacks who needed an extra edge. And one dude who had mastered using remote mines as a thrown weapon. I hated that asshole.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Same here. Odd job was for bitches and not allowed in 4-player.

-Golden Gun or Proximity Mines in the Facility.

-Rockets in the Stack.

THATS how we spent countless hours pre-gaming before going out. Goldeneye was timeless. Of course NOW it's hilariously primitive-looking but it remains my group's most fondly-remembered video game.

18. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Oddjob could've used his hat, he'd have truly been horseshit.

19. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The first person I thought of was Charlie Cox, motherfucking Daredevil. I don't know if you people have seen it yet, but binge that shit immediately.