Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] BUBBLY DAY [ WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 1, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I saw that and it confused the hell out of me... it was so hard to find definitive reporting compared to the initial report.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was as funny as any comedy available for streaming. When the judge brought out the nine year old bench warrant for driving without a license and his attorney had no clue about it... so twisty!

#42 Fiveslide, Jun 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did I miss an editor's note during the video? The defense attorney said "his wife is here today," so who was the third person on the Zoom call at the bottom of the screen?

That judge is terrific.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Talk radio show I'm listening to has dedicated today's show to the 80th anniversary of D Day. They're playing speeches from past presidents and other world leaders, first account stories, how the world came together, the logistics of the invasion, how unprepared and young the paratroopers were etc. A very heavy but great show today.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The defense attorney's argument is hilarious. "He [the defendant] does not have the capacity to post it on Youtube."

Basically saying he's too retarded to understand YouTube or a driver's license.

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Other than that statement, defense was completely unprepared. She didn't know about the bench warrant, and Judge Simpson was basically like, "I have no doubt that you didn't know." Like, Mr. Harris lied to cops, the courts, the media, everyone on the internet. Then the look on Simpson's face when she said her client was actually injured and not walking on a cane for sympathy, the smile and "no comment".

#46 Fiveslide, Jun 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean I’d probably struggle how to figure out how to record the proceeding and if you are allowed to record court proceedings yourself (even if it’s a zoom meeting)? Does zoom let non host record it? Can you get these court recordings in some sort of FOIA request or have a right to a copy as a defendant? She was insinuating that the whole thing became a national brouhaha because someone that works for the court posted it. Which is a pretty easy conclusion to come to. I don’t see the defendant doing it himself and I don’t think it’s a tough putt to think he probably doesn’t have the technical know how to do it in the first place.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://youtube.com/@honjcedricsimpsonlivefeed4076?si=aeDCHNanEULvfKaj

Apparently his courtroom has over 26,000 subscribers. Perhaps it just did what funny things do on the internet, go viral all on its own.

9. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know for sure how that channel works, but it looks like live feeds that are available for viewing for about a week before being removed. So, it could have been anybody that recorded it and sent it around for our entertainment.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Lots of those videos have been captured and reshared. That judge sees a ton of Sovereign Citizen cases that are fucking hilarious, and other youtubers grab them and pimp them out.

11. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been in that courtroom before! Not for myself, but being the responsible friend lands you in funny situations sometimes. It looks smaller in the video than I remember it feeling, though.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interesting day at work…

I was dropping off one of the kids off this afternoon. Door is open and I hear a “pop” like a gunshot. I threw my arm out to stop him from going further so I could see what was going on. I looked around for people running or whatever, and nothing. In fact, a guy sat on his porch nearby like nothing happened so I let the student go, just as I hear another pop. He said something to me, but I don’t know what. I yelled to him to “get in the damned house” and we got out of there.

As I drove I thought about it some and thought maybe I was over reacting. Five minutes later another driver called in to report two men, one of them with a revolver a block up the street from where we just left.

Sooo, yeah…

Thing is, it’s comes with the territory there. You know at some point you’re gonna be near some shit going down. But those bullets don’t give a good goddamn what they hit anymore than the person pulling the trigger. And I’m responsible for every life on that bus.

Needless to say, I needed, and had, a drink or two after work.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dayum. Your day was way more stressful than mine.

I just found out that I really REALLY suck at edging grass. I did my front lawn edges beside the heavily overgrown driveway, and let's just say that I'm super happy that grass grows back. Apparently I'm a shitty judge of straight lines and the width of gaps.

15. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel your pain. I'm on a corner lot with a lot of sidewalk that I edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.