Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] PHOTOGRAPHY DAY [ WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm with Nett. I like the cobra chickens.

Funny story - my partner made friends with a family of Canada geese at a local lake. Made friends as in, she would show up to the lake, and the two parents would start honking and herd their three babies over to her, then lay down around her while the babies ate grass and tottered around. One time a woman was walking by and said, "awwww, friendly geese!" took two steps towards my partner, and the parents leapt up and started hissing at the woman. There were a lot of other geese at that lake, but this family just chose my partner.

The babies grew up, and we stopped going to that lake for a while after they became adults. A good 6+ months later, we went back and walked around the lake. We were about half way around and there was suddenly some loud honking from all the way across the lake, and a flurry of wings, and five geese came flying across the lake, honking like crazy. They landed almost in a circle around my partner, and all settled into the grass and went to sleep with her in the middle. Absolutely wild. I would not have believed it if I wasn't standing there.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Got chased by a goose while playing golf Saturday. Make them extinct.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On the thread topic of photos, here's one of the babies. I deleted most of the photos I posted here a while back when one of the weirder members we had here started taking them and posting them to his Facebook profile.

DSC_2622.jpg

Man, you guys are pussies.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'm not afraid of them, I just want them extinct; starting with gosling in your picture.

5. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bury the lede much?

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

as far as naming goes, cobra chicken > sky carp

they turn into straight up assholes once they cross the border though. Fuck those guys

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hah, I guess.

It was CanisDirus. I only vaguely remember all the weirdness surrounding him, I think he was repetitively repping a lot of the TiBettes in addition to his strange posting habits. I know we had a variety of people who were annoyed by him.

I don't remember what triggered me to run a quick search of Facebook for him to see WTF his deal was (since the only other time I've done that here was due to something that sounded like a "danger to himself" comment and I did a welfare check). Imagine my surprise when one of the results of my search was my own photo staring back at me. Apparently he liked them so much he ripped off a whole collection and posted to his FB page.

I deleted a lot of the photos I posted here, and was much more selective about what I posted for years after that.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That is... odd. I remember he went on a weird run where he was spamming animal pictures and facts, with the namesake preoccupation with wolves. That eventually earned him a temporary ban from an annoyed Nettdata and he took his ball and ran. I had no idea he was ripping off pictures and posting them on Facebook as his own.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

mandatory

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was wondering the other day that we've all "known" each other for going on 15 years and yet almost everyone tries to stay very anonymous.
    Guess that explains why.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

All it takes is one weirdo.

My sister has a big online social media presence supporting her business in a decent sized city. Her kids were walking out of the neighborhood to a Chick fil A close by and some random person they didn't know rolled up and called out " hey! Y'all are (sister's name's) kids!" I think the kids booked it.

She has since locked down her media a bit better and keeps her kids off it.

I didn't need a real life reminder to just not go there.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm incredibly paranoid about this. Everyone knows I live in Texas, and I've mentioned my line of work quite a bit, largely for providing context during discussion. Wouldn't take much to narrow it down. I've gotten some weird reps over the years that have already put me on edge, I assume mostly from people in a drunken/drug rage, but with people shooting up places..... specifically the kinds of places like where I work (here I go again), I've tried to cut back on that, and it largely plays into my reading more instead of posting on here in general.

All it takes is me saying one thing that someone takes the wrong way, and I'm horrified of the consequences.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We’ve had board members pull uncalled-for shit on others simply for getting into internet arguments. KiMaster creeped into another’s life and tried to get them fired from their job. Fuck that pretentious cunt.

I like to fantasize that after he was banned he blew his fucking brains out.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How would a regular member go about deleting older photos uploaded here? There might be one or two I wouldn't mind taking back.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m getting a little disturbed at how many times you used the phrase “my partner.” Did we already have the discussion about how depersonalizing that term is even with all the new genders and relationship formats?

I made some prosciutto out of some geese breast I got last year and it turned out amazing. Something you’d have to pay 80 dollars a pound for at a specialty store. Great funky umami taste. Goes well in bolognese sauce. Hate hunting the fucks though. They’ll harass you at parks and land next to busy highways to eat but if one blade looks off in your brushed in blind they flare immediately. Weariest cocksuckers I know.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Maybe one of the admins has a forum tool that lets them figure out what things you've uploaded, the regular mods don't (I don't think). Not too familiar with Xenforo. Otherwise you'll need to go through your old posts and delete them manually. They've had to delete member posts to the Boobie Thread and such after getting creeped out by other members, so you can check with Nett/Binary.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think we regular idiots have permission to delete old posts. There is really just one that I really regret, and I know how to find it.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dm me with the link.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse