Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] ST PADDY'S DAY [ WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Subway consumption went way down when their prices skyrocketed. It was ok for a quick and relatively inexpensive meal but they aren't $15-18 sandwiches. I can go to Chili's, get a sandwich with fries served to me by a cute girl for about that same cost.

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

nearly all toasted subway subs taste like hot dogs.

think about it.

3. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe it's because I ate too many of them over the years, but I really don't like any kind of cold cut sandwich anymore. But the one exception is that I still go to Jimmy John's about once per month, as their bread is like crack to me. But even there I only like the Spicy East Coast Italian.

4. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I actually prefer Pepsi to Coke. Skyline Chili here in Cincinnati is going the other way and switching to Coke products after serving Pepsi for my entire life, and it's a pretty big disappointment. There's nothing better than a Cheese Coney with a Mountain Dew. Luckily my local Chili Shop still serves the nuclear green nectar.

5. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, anyone that says mellow yellow and Mr pibb are better than mountain dew and dr pepper has suffered brain damage at some point in their lives. Coca-Cola is the only thing Coca-Cola does half decent. I would choose water that has pooled in a hollowed out stump over any of their other products.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I would take Mello Yello over pretty much any soda, it and Vanilla Coke are my favourites. Fight me.

Most of them are palatable, but I don’t get Fresca. I just…. cannot. I tried, I really did. I cannot drink it, it’s just awful. I use it to clean engine blocks, but I do not get how that does not taste like piss with spent fuel rods floating in it to everyone.

7. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've never seen a mello yello that wasn't collecting dust on a store shelf. I didn't even know people bought them. And that's saying something because I've handled the can recycling program for a USACE campground, probably bagged a few hundred thousand cans. They stopped putting best-by dates on them because people couldn't tell the difference between a fresh one and a mello yello that has been on the shelf since Cole Trickle won his daytona 500.

So, you won't have many mello yello drinking brethren to have your back in a fight. While I could put together an army of mountain dew drinkers that could invade and conquer all of Asia.

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Coke makes Fresca, which is amazing. And FINALLY they’re stocking Black Cherry Fresca, which is more amazing.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Love me some Fresca. Have for decades.

As I get old and watch my sugar intake, Fresca is a daily go-to for thirst quenching. And diet Dr Pepper isn’t bad either.

10. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m almost 100% team bubble water with the exception of an occasional Jarritos (mostly due to the fact that the taco meal at the place a few blocks away comes with a drink, but also because they are delicious.) Sometimes I think I want a Diet Coke but I rarely make it more than 1/2 way through. Oh and ginger ale on an airplane gets a pass.

11. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve never been a big soda drinker, but Coca-cola has always been my favorite. When I was in college, Pepsi came around doing blind taste tests. I took the Pepsi challenge half a dozen times and picked Coke every time.

I went to Atlanta in the late 90s to visit a friend and we went to the Coke museum/store/tour. It was like someone flicked a switch. I often find myself craving a Coke and have to willfully ignore the urge.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Surge was great. They tried a mini revival of it a decade ago and I was back in my tweens all over again. They still have it at Burger King’s with the Freestyle fountains.

I grew up a Coke drinker but like to try new flavors of everything and if I find something I like I buy it until I find something I like better. I was on Dr Pepper Strawberry Crème for a while and Pepsi Mango. I actually really like the new limited run Coke Spiced.

I’ll miss Mnt Dew at Skyline but I hear they are keeping Dr Pepper.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't remember the last time I had a soda without pouring something into it.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dr. Pepper is a separate company, usually negotiating locally, and is often supplied / bottled by both Coke and Pepsi at the local level.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Give me Milos sweet tea, all day any way day.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I don’t have a particular brand, but I’ve always liked root beer over colas/ clear sodas. It always seemed like the “filet o fish” of sodas where it has a following but its popularity dwindles. I think it’s the best with greasy/fast/BBQ food.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mormon?

IMG_6613.jpeg

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I love root beer... both Barks and A&W. I just wish they made a decent sugar-free version.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Diet A&W is now sugar free here. That’s why I get to drink it again, it’s great. It didn’t taste diluted like most diet sodas do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.