Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Official TiB 2014 Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Popped Cherries, Jul 8, 2014.

1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

James Jones for Eddie Lacy and Brandin Cooks. Okay.

2. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

If I may interject in the Parker style shenanigans Cherries just pulled, one question. Why is it that the waiver period for players that have been dropped on wednesday is until next sunday? Shouldn't it be this sunday? Isn't that a little ridiculous?

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

#303 Nom Chompsky, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you just make a little Parker-ish statement there? I think you did. I see you bruh, I see you.
    Are you talking about his statement or the trade? Because I'd never make that fucking trade. That statement though...well...

5. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can at least back up my shit talking seeing as how (not 5 years ago) I've actually made it to the championship game two years running and am sitting in 4th place with a cupcake schedule ahead of me.
    Make sure you guys hold onto your rosters for dear life. That 6th place spot and first round exit in the playoffs is a nice look all of you wear so well.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just was shot the silliest trade.

7. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Whatever. Who gives a shit. I'm still waiting to hear the rationale as to why players dropped on Wednesday aren't available until next week. Someone could conceivably just go down the line picking up and dropping everyone. You're locking players out and it's a bit idiotic.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's odd as I have the waiver set at 1 day, so not really sure why it's holding that long.
    I also don't know who you are looking at since everyone on waivers right now played tonight or is coming off waivers tomorrow?

9. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Could it be players on Thursday games then? I wanted to take a flier on Ivory after Parker dropped him since I figured he might have a big day and was told I was locked out until the 22nd.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the waiver period for a dropped player backs up to their game, they become locked until the waivers clear for the week.

Same with trades IIRC - if the trade approval period butts up against the start of the game for any of the players, the trade won't clear until after the games finish and the players release.

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FreeCorps:

Yes, if it was because they had a Thursday game, they can't clear waivers fast enough to be ready for that game and because of that, they are held till the following Wednesday like all other waivers. If he had released him on Thursday, he would have become available on Saturday.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best part about this is that he had a HUGE day. And you won't be able to reap those benefits. I can't find a gif funny enough to emphasize this and adequately rub it in.

Also, Jimmy! Look Vereen paid off for you! And you were trying to trade him away. For shame.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was counting on the potential for a big game and for many more. Thanks for leavin', Stevan. Yes, the first trade offer was ridiculous, but if trade donkey punches are being thrown around here, I figured I may was well be doing the punching.

Anyway, I don't know why you didn't at least counter offer the second one. Are you serious about tying your wagon to Nick and Brian, head accountants of Bland, Boring and Meh?

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't even look at the second one. Until after I rejected it. Yes I am. Look at the points Hoyer has consistently put up. I need QB to be the most stable position, because everyone else is going to get theirs. I just need to stop shooting myself in the foot. Nick Foles has hurt himself too much, but I feel like they'll figure that out. Brian Hoyer has 8 TDs and 1 INT. That works just fine for me. His fewest points has been like 16 or 18. That's fine. Gio, Cobb and someone else will shoulder the workload, I just need most people in double digits. Hoyer is going to get dropped after this week.

15. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Edit: I offered Luck and Antone Smith for Gio and Malcolm Floyd.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this some sort of weird performance art piece where you're "acting" like a person with multiple-personality disorder who's personas are constanctly at odds with each other on how exactly to fuck yourself each week in a fantasy football league? This is seriously some Malkovich level shit at this point.

17. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

[​IMG]

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you guys even looking at the Defensive DVOA's of the remaining schedules for each of the QBs? Because if you were, you'd understand why going forward how one is projected to have his points increase (combined with returning offensive lineman) vs another one who might have his points increase with Gordon, but will be facing harder secondaries.

Bitches, please.

19. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, because those rankings remain static. But if you want to live in fantasy land with your QB getting the shit kicked out of him until the day that lineman comes back at 75%, have fun with your 12 points a week.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They change from week to week, but not drastically. 6 weeks is enough to get a general idea of who has a good pass rush / defense vs who doesn't. And making QB calls from there. Also, Foles is averaging 18.7 points a game, Hoyer 17.48 He started off hotter and has fallen off a bit, but it will average out. Hoyer's best game has been 24.75 points vs Foles' 31.45.

Just looking at the numbers here. QB is the least of my worries, its having RBs and WRs decide to put up less than 5 points.