Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Official TiB 2014 Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Popped Cherries, Jul 8, 2014.

1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Depends what you consider inconsistent. Both Ryan and Brees have been better on paper than in real life.

Ryan's only been below 15 points twice all season. He averages 21.9 ppg, and has been within +/- five points of that more often than not. He's basically been the definition of "acceptable starting quarterback." Similarly, Brees topped 20 points in 10 of his starts, and only dipped below 15 once.

There's a lot to be said for volume when it comes to QBs. Brees and Ryan have both thrown the ball over 500 times this year. Hard to not get points when you're throwing that often.

2. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank God I found this thread so I can safely cry somewhere on the internet. My opponent has both Starks and Jeremy Hill, and with Cam Newton out I've gone from thinking I might be able to win this thing to wondering how much lube I should dump into my asshole before I get fucked this week.

My only QB options are Manziel and Smith. Boo.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just need Nom and MC to lose and I'll be okay with this season.

4. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As of this post, I'm leading. However, unless Dez and Demaryius both get botulism, I'm done. Well played MC.

Now that I have a better idea of auction drafting I think I'll be able to better handle it next year.

5. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really don't want to say anything because FF gods and what not but I have a decent chance to knock Nom out. Then again, anything can happen.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hoosier and me bought to get on some thunderdome shit.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn you autocorrect. About.

8. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It seems sadly ironic that Dez puts up 35 points against me while the receiver I didn't trade away, A.J. Green, was outscored by a rookie receiver in Miami that was sitting on my bench.

9. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wherefore art thou Julio? That could be a deciding factor on our game but good luck regardless.

Good luck losing bastard fuck guy

Attached Files:

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

30 points and kicker vs Demaryius and Dez? Oooooh we got a stew goin', baby.

11. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is going to be really really close. I'm worried. I debated Wallace in place of Tate, and of course J Thomas in place of M Bennett. Could be a factor but it is as a championship game should be. Close and up for grabs.

12. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew there was a reason why I benched Luck for Wilson today. Provided Andy gets a single pass to AJ Green tomorrow, I'll be happy to take 3rd this year.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If MoreCowbell wins 3 years in a row, I might have to quit this league or do the next draft drunk. We cannot have him win anymore games. I hope Demaryius Thomas gets taken out the game. Let Welker and Sanders shine.

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You mean you weren't already doing that? Now your team makes even less sense.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My draft makes perfect sense if I didn't have everyone try to screw me over. Everyone is afraid. AFRAID. My 7th place finish shows I'm not the worst, I should be in the goddamn playoffs winning this thing. Except all of you decided to give your best players to 3 dudes and left a wasteland for everyone in the middle.

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're right. It's our fault that you paid 20% of your budget for Ray Rice, a backup quarterback, and a defense.

17. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since it's Superbowl night in the TiB league, I figured I'd go through why I made the moves I did.

1. I drafted big WR's but went skimpy on RB's this year. I didn't really intend to, but I thought I'd be able to grab a few off the waiver wire that had potential. By week 2 I realized I was going to need a RB. The first trade I made I was really happy with because A. I got two big RB's for a WR who I thought was going to fall off (Thomas). I also got Lacy who I was dying to flip cause I got some bad advice that he was going to start getting into a time share with Starks. (I actually was sort of right about Lacy. Outside of his week 5 game, it took him 10 weeks to break 100yrds rushing. What I didn't expect was him to turn into Brian Westbrook circa 2006)

2. This next trade was made entirely to flip the players I had gotten. I knew Brees was going to have "poor" year and I wanted to get rid of Cooks to pick back up Mike Evans and Odel. I also got similar bad advice that Derrick Carr was going to light it up in Oakland and Jones was going to be his #1 WR. In addition, Rivers was playing out of his mind and I was looking to trade him for a top 3 RB. Here's where things went to shit. The few people I could have traded Rivers to suddenly struck gold with their back ups and I was stuck with no one who needed a QB that had a top flight RB. Someone jumped in and grabbed Evans ahead of me on the waiver wire and Carr completely shit the bed for about 5 weeks in a row and Jones dropped off the radar.

3. The last trade was to finally get some RB's back into my lineup. Tre Mason proved to be a good trade off for CJ as I thought he would, but unfortunately Smith didn't take over for Steven Jackson like I was hoping he would. Benjamin was collateral damage in that trade as I was still stacked at WR.

As far as my thinking behind making all these trades, my lineup was being built for that playoff run I thought I was destined for. I only needed to win 2 of the last 6 games and I had some soft matchups in the later part of the season. I thought there was no chance of me missing the playoffs. Unfortunately I had two weeks in a row of QB's that put up negative points, Bradshaw got injured, Smith got injured, and the few games I was sure were locks (playing Nom when 3/4ths of his team was on a bye) didn't pan out.

Overall, I try to make trades and pull players I think I can flip to other teams for players I really want. I'll make a bad trade to flip that player for someone else I can't get otherwise. It's worked out for me in a lot of leagues and I was hoping to do it this year as well. In addition, I always make trades with the playoffs in mind. Brees and Cooks were great, until you look at their schedule to end the season and I gladly parted with them.

I've got some new ideas I'm going to try next year.
    I'll be back in the finals again, don't you worry.

18. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone else feel like the Broncos should pull their starters so that they don't get injured before the playoffs? I mean the Colts did it. This has nothing to do with the TiB FF championship.... No not at all.

19. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did I really just lose on a questionable offensive pass interference?

Well.

20. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

As somebody who drafted drunk (and awesomely), then made trades sober (and mediocrely), I support your plan Parker.

If I had just made the Dez/Ball trade when I had the chance, and rolled out Romo/Murray/Foster/Dez/Hopkins/Allen/Bell/DeSean all year, I would have cruised.