Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Official TiB Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Hoosiermess, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would be me. I just realized yesterday, after missing the draft for family issues, I was still in the league. My line-up may look weak but the force is strong with those mother fuckers now that I've pulled the guys out of my line-up who are not worthy of a squirt of piss.

My apologies to the league for the two lay down losses but I'm back. In so saying I will bring my years of FF experience to bear on Sir/Madam (not sure which applies. Maybe both?) Renholder this week. The sleeping giant awakes and I accept your challenge.

Dispite the trash talk:

#141 Hoosiermess, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I can't believe the projected points they are giving us this week. Redman and Dwyer combine for 14 against the Raiders? They'll have 14 each. Lance Moore only givin 1.4 points? Seriously? Keller and Holmes combining for 27? Not if Sanchez has anything to say about it. And Flacco is not breaking 20 against the Patriots.

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

NFL.com is, in my experience, terrible for projections. Last week they told me the Law Firm was going to get 5.5 in a PPR league. That being said, those players all suck.

4. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mr cowbell, do you mean to imply that our players are in some way less talented than yours? How dare you sir! I do thumb my nose at you sir!

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Too early to talk shit, I guess, but hey "Gronk You" Victor Cruz has 2 something points. He was projected for 17. You ready for your whole team to fall apart like that?

6. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who is I Kissed Ray Finkle? Seriously, I am not going to trade you Larry Fitzgerald and Vernon Davis for Nate Burleson and Jacob Tamme. Why would I even offer a counter after something that retarded.

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're not wrong. He offered me Jay Cutler and some no-name for Chris Johnson and Roddy White.

The man is delusional...

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey Colin, with the exception of Chris Johnson, I'm happy with my less than five point prediction...

9. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Count me in as receiving his garbage offers as well. My favorite are the 3-for-1 deals, not only do I get 3 players I don't give a shit about but I have to drop 2 of my own guys in the process. Who could say 'no'?

10. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Obviously they aren't fantastic offers, but you guys have people sitting on the bench doing nothing and I'm offering a trade expecting you to counter with something that might work for you.
    Some of them are offered as well strictly by whose on your roster. If you have 5 RB and 3 WR, offering you up a RB to add to your collection is stupid.
    The 3-1 or 2-1 is to fill out your bench with positions you don't have a lot of and dropping or trading away people who aren't performing.
    Whatever. I'll stop and we can keep our respective lineups as they stand.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear to god Victor Cruz must have fucked Eli's wife or something. Ramses Barden and Martellus Bennett can lick my balls.

Also goddamnit having AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Brandon Marshall, and Mike Wallace is wasteful. I've basically gotten Parker'd on my wide receiver corp. Every week is an exercise in picking the wrong ones.

12. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just to point out, Fitzgerald has 6 points in two games. You have 2 big TE's and can only start one. You are starting Beanie Wells as RB2 and Peyton Hillis as your flex. Anyone would be an upgrade to either of them. Your backup QB is Matt Cassel, and your best players are on the Giants (who you have 5 players of on your roster by the way) so their bye week you are going to lose and if the Giants have a crap game stats wise you are going to lose.
    They may not be the most equal of trades stat for stat, but at least they give you an upgrade over what you have now for a position you can only start one of.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is no such thing. Talk shit early and often.

THAT or double coverage. Or something. I don't know, its just maybe there were two guys on him the entire time.

Hey, well Matty Ice is doing pretty damn well. He's just sitting on my bench, anyone want him? Phillip Rivers, Chargers are 2-0. I'm happy to take one of those WRs off your hands. Anyone got too many RBs?

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You mean like how I kicked your ass by nearly 20 points last week? Talk shit like that?

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something like that, you just want to make sure no one loses their cool and takes it personally. Some people gotta learn how to take trash talk fairly without sending angry PMs or reps in capital letters.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've always been fucking horrible at shit talking, 'cause I know I'll feel like a fool if I end up losing. But since I already beat you, I guess that's not a problem.

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly what am I upgrading in this trade? Fitzgerald had a couple shitty games but everyone in this league would take him and start him right now. Bennett I am going to start when Davis has a bye week.

So please explain how Burleson and Tamme (who I would both drop if they were on my team) give me an upgrade over what I have now?

You want to give me a trade offer, that is fine. But please stop thinking I have down syndrome when you come up with your offers.

18. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Glad to see the trade rape whistles I handed out are being put to use.

19. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That trade was the last of three rejected and the only one I left a note that said offer me something in return that works. The others had better value included.
    As I said, it's whatever.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, I know its easy to make that mistake just because he's a Giants fan...