Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Pre-Thanksgiving WDT...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

So, I guess the only thing that's going to be on this weekend when I'm sitting around watching TV is The Girls Next Door. Holly is clearly the best for Hef. Are they still together? After what seems like a billion episodes I genuinely care about this somehow.

2. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didn't they break up forever ago. Last I knew it was something about twins.

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This Moroccan weight loss program is fantastic. Lost all my German beer weight. Slight downside, I have been peeing out of my butthole for 36 hours.

Pro travel tip: always travel with baby wipes.

4. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Totally. No, like, I actually know what audrey is talking about, I watched all of that show. I'll let you all draw your own conclusions about me.

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God damn it. I don't know how I'm going to be able to make chicken stock in the future after what I've seen now. And homemade chicken stock is the greatest.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As quirky as some of my relatives are for the most part it was rather normal for my family. Before most of my mom's sisters moved out of town with their families we used to have multiple Christmas and Thanksgiving functions each year. They'd argue sometimes about politics but thats about it. No drag out brawls or insanely drunk scandalous moments. My family isn't devoid of dark secrets but you'd never guess them based on seeing the family during the holiday season.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My family has some crazy in it but it's all pretty non-destructive, peaceful crazy. I literally have no memory of a Thanksgiving or Christmas that was anything less than pleasant. Probably stems partly from having a fairly small portion of my overall family that I interact with regularly. Even when we went to see my dad's fairly-nutty relatives, though, they're all just neurotic and weird, but they're nice to each other.

I mean, I remember holidays where ten women of healthy body weight would sit at a table, looking at each other over three homemade pies, and have a conversation about the various leaf-based meals they consumed that week without touching a single pie. If you ask me, these people are not to be trusted.

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not basing my happiness on the behavior of others, I am probably one of the most independent people I know. I am just annoyed that my family couldn't be bothered with so much as a phone call on this "family" holiday. Like I said before, my dad I expect it from, so am not so disappointed about him. But there is no excuse (seriously, I don't care what the excuse is, it isn't good enough) for my mother not to pick up the phone for a 5 minute phone call. It's hard enough not being around family for the holidays, so it is nice to know that you have at least crossed their minds once throughout the day. If I forget a birthday, an event, etc., I would never hear the end of it. So I don't, because I know that it is important to them. Let's just say that I am tired of always being the one making the effort.

My phone rang last night, I didn't answer it but did get a very very drunken and incoherent message from my brother and sister.

edit: and Holly is pregnant with another man's baby. The dirty whore.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I should HOPE they're still together. Thoses soulless females based their entire lives on waiting for that man to die. They must be pissed that he hasn't yet.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, then, what are you basing it on? You're clearly a) unhappy, about b) your family not calling.

Me, I'd say that the idea you can never base happiness on the behaviour of people close to you - especially when that behaviour concerns you - is fucking ridiculous, but what do I know. I'm shitting out yellow, last saw my family at Easter and still have little compulsion to call or see them.

In other news, ran out of baby wipes. The tension mounts.

11. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I've actually made a couple of friends off of Facebook. Mostly Facebook-specific friends, but one or two real.

Also, I almost never use it for this function, but it's a good way to reach a lot of people at once -- if I ever get published or read somewhere or need want people to check out a blog I'm writing, it's a good way to get the word out. Mostly now I use it to try to say amusing things to groups of people.

It's always awkward when people discuss truly tragic things in the same manner and with the same fervor that they discuss somebody sneezing weird on the bus, though. Facebook is strictly recreational for me.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Um, how about recognizing the difference between "basing one's happiness on X" and simply being disappointed with someone? I mean if Mya said she cried all night and is going to start seeing a therapist about this lack of a phone call, then yeah, you could say she's probably basing her happiness on her family's behavior. What you seem to be implying is that she should have absolutely no emotional investment in her family's behavior at all, which is ridiculous.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Took the munchkin to our budget-ass Santa Claus parade. Got to see our transsexual Miss Canada in person, he/she did not look too happy to be there. It IS fucking cold. Winter is here for good now.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which is funny, because if you read what I wrote...

Why it's almost as though we're saying the same thing and quibbling over semantics.

15. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

A conversation I just had with my mother on the phone:
    "Hey Ma, I can't remember what setting to use for ironing the boyfriend's dress shirt. Can you remind me?"
    "Ai-yah. 31 and can't iron. THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE NO ENGAGEMENT RING."
    "Are we seriously having this conversation right now? Fuck it, I'll ask Google instead."
    "Google will not help you get married."

Mya, I'm sorry your mom hasn't called you. If you'd like, I can have my mom call you instead. She's a real bag o' fun.

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It may be telling that when I typed "how to get married" into Google, it tried to autocomplete it with "in Skyrim."

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it makes you feel better Angel, I do know how to iron (with starch!) And I still haven't gotten a single proposal yet.

18. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is how you iron. You tell your adult boyfriend that he can learn how to iron his own shirt or find a dry cleaner who will. The fact that you have a vagina doesn't predispose you to things like ironing, cooking, or cleaning. Yep, I'll trade moms with you. She'll quickly learn to appreciate you.

And Trakiel hit the nail on the head. And ghetto too, but to be honest I had to read the original post a second time because I had completely misinterpreted it first.

And I finally got a call, I didn't pick up because now I am in passive aggressive mode, she didn't leave a message. To be honest, on the bright side, I am very independent because my parents are like this. Your fucked up parenting means that I have learned exactly how to rely only on myself, which isn't a horrible thing. It also means that I am 100% against parenting so don't whine anymore for grandkids that you will never go out of your way to see because it just aint gonna happen.

19. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can iron? In that case, here. Put this wig on, and don't wear red lipstick you filthy whore with your whore's makeup.

20. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need an adult! I need an adult!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.