Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Pre-Thanksgiving WDT...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You'll be disappointed. Places i read are calling it "...In Paris" because honkies.

2. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

3. mav_ian

mav_ian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

My new favourite excuse for anything.

4. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I feel like it took a serious plummet maybe 3-5 years ago. I don't remember it ever being taken that seriously, but in the past few years it has seem to especially be a joke. They have like 1-3 actually talented musicians represented and then the rest have are all just songs or artists that were popular that year. And I actually like a fair amount of pop music because sometimes I just need to bop, but I know that I'm not listening to good music. Meh, maybe we just need to start thinking of the Grammys as, like, a time capsule of pop culture instead of recognizing the top artists in terms of talent.

Speaking of, this is not DJ Earworm's annual mashup like I thought it was when I first listened to it, but it is still pretty fun. (YouTube changed and I don't know how to embed a video on here anymore. SORRY.)

5. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can give you a date. 1989. The year when the first Best Heavy Metal Album went to Jethro Tull over Metallica. That right there was when it was painfully obvious these doofuses were so out of touch and had no taste, contrary to how hip, how on the pulse of music they were supposed to be.

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember when Arcade Fire won best album a few years ago some of the alternative radio stations creamed themselves because holy shit actual good music got some real recognition.

Haven't heard a peep about the grammies since.

7. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently if it's a boy she is going to name it the most popular boys name in England, I hope she is ok with Muhammed.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It was one of those two years, but you can see where it all started falling apart.

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're funny!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1050041/top-uk-boys-names-2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1050041/to ... names-2011</a>

In other news, I got my stuff out of customs without a hitch. Nice to have a computer again instead of just my blackberry.

10. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Are you fucking kidding me? ORLA makes the list of girls names in 2011, but my name doesn't? This is some kinda bullshit.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What? I totally saw Mulva on that list.

12. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

You're an asshole, Rush.

Seriously, though. Summer's going to be a stripper, Florence is an old lady and I don't even know what the fuck Niamh is all about. Tara, on the other hand, is an awesome name. I am hurt by its exclusion.

13. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Angel's name is Fook Mi. It is marginally less white trash than Orla.

Call me crazy but if I had kids I'd go with biblical/saint names. And I'm pretty annoyingly anti-religious. It's just that there's some fucking dignity to that kind of name, you know? Nothing wrong with Paul or Peter or Michael. And when you travel around in different places, most languages have versions of your name, or it's at least familiar. Can't imagine going around having to introduce yourself as "Orla".

Also Niamh is a celtic name and it rhymes with sieve.

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And she was hospitalized for "acute morning sickness". She really is a princess.

If she has a girl, I hope they name her Latifah.

15. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our son's names made the list in the UK, but they don't appear in the US top 100. Weird.

I feel the need to apologize to our English speaking cousins for the infection that is the name Jayden making it onto their list.

16. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate to play into that stupid internet game of playing doctor, psychic, police detective and Batman all in one, but have you ever known anyone who's been hospitalized for morning sickness? It's actually quite a serious problem, going weeks on end without being able to eat a thing while you're pregnant.

17. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah. Also who the fuck is Bonny Bear?

18. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No I don't. The women I know who experienced morning sickness just sucked it up until it went away and got on with their pregnancies. But I suppose if one has a royal case of it, hospitalization may be necessary.

19. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A friend of mine was hospitalized for morning sickness. They had to give her an iv drip so she stayed hydrated since she was puking so much. Fun.

20. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok then dipshit, let me tell you: I have seen women in hospital with "acute morning sickness", or as it is more technically known when they are hospitalized, hyperemesis gravidarum. Vomiting multiple times per day and being unable to so much as take sips of water - let alone food - for weeks. They get put on special IVs, and if it gets particularly severe, total parenteral nutrition becomes an option. So please, shut your ignorant fucking yap about medical problems that you are hopelessly ignorant about, because it's dismissive toward women in general, towards women's health, and insulting to women who've wanted nothing more than to be able to suck it up, wait until it went away, and get on with their pregnancies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.