Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Ravt? My 11 month old daughter has started playing with her vagina. Constantly. I realize kids are maturing earlier these days but I figured I had to at least get through toddlerhood before I had to deal with masturbation. That said, I'm glad my kid figured out how to flick the bean. Brain surgery can't take that away from you, baby.

2. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ravt: i have an 11 month old son who is obsessed with his junk. Every time we change his diaper he grabs it as if to make sure it's still there. In his baths he'll grab it, then play for a while, before getting a concerned look and grabbing it again. I think he thinks it's gonna run away or something.

Rave: After a convo with her boss, wife was more confident she can go back to full time sooner than later, just a matter of when. Worst case is she'll work 30 hours a week for a month or two before being back at 40. Even with that, I could still quit my job and we'd break even. At full time we're looking at an extra 20k a year. Her boss guesstimated April or May as when someone is leaving and she can go to full time, which is earlier than we hoped, actually, but it is at least a realistic possibility I can finally stay at home with the kids. I'm really looking forward to being a stay-at-home dad. So much shit to get done around here, plus no more bullshit with babysitting from the mother in law. Holy fuck the stress levels around this place will fall off dramatically. No more needlessly intricate schedules of drop offs and pick ups, no more m-i-l using the fact that we need her to make our lives hell or tell us how to raise our kids. Fuck I hope this works out.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Holy fucking shit... our term sheet is signed and we are now days away from closing our Series A financing, and have somehow attained a valuation of around $50 million, from some seriously prominent investors. Someone pinch me. In the last 6 months we've grown from being a group of 11 to a company of almost 40.

Shit's getting real, yo.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My wife fell for a scam today. Gave her debit card number to a person over the phone that was threating to put her Dad in jail unless he paid some fines. She told me about it, we got the card deactivated before anything happened. Further investigation revealed that her father was not in danger of being jailed.

Rant: She may not have fallen for that scam if we hadn't already paid legitimate fines to keep him out of jail in the past.

Rant: Her Dad is a loser. She and I agree on this, she accepts that we need to keep our distance from him. We barely speak to him, a few times a year. He is still a negative impact on our lives.

5. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: For the first time in almost 12 years, I am unemployed.

6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Either I got food poisoning of I'm coming down with the flu. Either way spending most of the night exploding from both ends is EXACTLY how I wanted to spend my night.

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Go to go to work this morning and someone had smashed out one of my car windows.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: 66 hours at work this week and I haven't had a day off in 2 weeks.

Rave: Overtime! Lots and lots of overtime.

I haven't had a beer in the last 2 weeks, but tomorrow is going to be a cakewalk....basically just 8 hours of database clean up, so I'm taking full advantage and sucking down a few coldies tonight.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Its been a while since I've posted on here. I've been reading posts without logging in recently. Rave because I've been dealing with my shit and that makes everything else in life so much better and more enjoyable.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Well that was a dumb night. Drove 3 hours for my wife's friends engagement party, only to find out at the end of the evening that the groom-to-be talked shit about us the entire time. Apparently he called us freeloaders to other people after he insisted to pay for our visit ahead of time and said some other not nice things. The other couple we were with got the same treatment. I wasn't as livid as they we're about it, but I'm just annoyed that my time has been wasted. My wife is very upset which sucks because the girl is a very close friend of hers.

11. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: free shrooms + blizzard = a damn good day. I'm just waiting for the roommate to leave.

12. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: On Sunday, I went to the vet with my girlfriend to have her cat put to sleep. Not the first time I've had to have a pet euthanized, but the first time I was actually in the room while they did. It was just heartbreaking to see such a sweet, warm and frequently sassy lady have to go.

Silver lining ish Rave: She's not suffering any more. We both knew it was approaching, but this past Saturday sealed it. She was struggling to breathe, not to mention just move. Anytime we would pick her up and set her down, she would just lay on the ground and barely move. The vet was amazing (Duke Animal Hospital - for any Chicago residing pet owning Tibers/Tibettes). Three quick shots and she went quietly, peacefully and painlessly.

It reminded me of line from the Twilight Zone - "This must be Death. No horror. No fear. Nothing but peace."

Rest in Peace, Telly. You'll be headbutting angels at 4am for pettings and food now.

#20312 bebop007, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I was granted admission to the IU-Bloomington School of Public Health. Life is good.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Everyone in this house is puking and shitting their guts out. It's been a rough night.

Rant: I wake up this morning and we have no running water. I nearly cried. The pressure switch on the well has stuck. I struck it a few times with a wrench and it finally came on. Let's hope it continues to work at least until this illness is over. I feel way to shitty to be repairing essential household systems.

15. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Neighbor gave me permission to use his snowblower whenever I want. Would've been nice a few months ago (I could have been taking care of his driveway since then) but whatever, I do a lot of shoveling for old neighbors so it's awesome regardless.

Rant: The only reason I went into the office today was for a meeting with my boss' boss this morning and now I see she rescheduled it for tomorrow, after I'd left home, and I am basically the only person here now. Along the way to work I helped a woman who was stuck get gas and her car started again and then got stuck at a train crossing for 10 minutes. Son of a bitch.

Rave: I can still go work from home if I want and some parts and stuff I ordered are finally arriving today. Could always be worse.

#20315 katokoch, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  16. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave? Well, it looks like I'll be buying a new Audi Q7. My wife took our current Q7 in for service and our sales/service guy gave her one of the brand new Q7's as a loaner. Needless to say she loves it and is dragging me to the dealership tomorrow morning to "pick up" our car. I have a feeling we will not be returning with the car we dropped off for service.

17. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: So my wife decided to ignore the photo radar ticket she got and her notice to appear in court and the $422 judgment the court put on her until I got a letter from AZ DOT explaining her license was suspended. It was a very one sided conversation about being a fucking adult and taking care of your shit.
    Rant: preparing to see the tax guy on Monday, hoping I have to pay less than 10k

18. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Had a date with a 33 year old woman last night (I'm also 33). After doing down on her until she came, she offered me.....a handjob. I declined. I mean fuck.

19. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Productive Friday evening! Drank beers and made a big pot of chili with my friend, then we ate copious amount of chili, kept drinking beers, filed our taxes, AND watched garbage television. I feel like I've accomplished so much after a particularly long work week.

20. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: The gods have smiled upon me as I am paying 4k less than I thought I would have to in taxes, I am debating on whether to let my wife know or just leave her in the dark and start booking trips right now.