Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: It's 24°C (75°F) and sunny here today. Weather has been amazing for the past few days, and should continue on being nice until well into next week. It's awesome.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: It's damn near the middle of April and I wake up to snow covered ground. Fucking Ohio weather.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Rave: Wellbutrin. Holy shit. I'd tried to quit smoking 60 different ways, decided on this as a last resort type thing (I fucking HATE taking medicine). Well two weeks now since I stopped cold turkey on it. First few days I was taking it, it wasn't doing anything except making me shit more than any human should, then a few days in I guess it got into my system. Woke up one day and had no desire to smoke. No intention of stopping on that day, but hey, whatever. Two weeks later and I decided I'm gonna keep taking it at least until I'm past the month period (doctor gave me three months of refills on the generic though). Smoking off and on for 10 years, consistently for 5. Was just able to stop cold turkey with no desire to continue. I'm still in fucking shock.

Rant: There are several toilets in my house that will never be the same.

4. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Woah...no longer a 28 year old virgin!

Rant: I turned 29. I also thought about it today, and I haven't met a girl who was single in all of 2016. 11 more years 'till I can serve as the basis of the next Hollywood Remake y'all.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant/Rave: Bartending is okay, I guess. The money is a little better, so there's that. I am not sure about how I feel about being everybody's momma. Everybody quit a couple weeks ago and I trained all of these girls. Also, unfortunately, as well intentioned as the new manager is, he still is not a person of action and is generally an idiot. When stuff gets busy or bad, I can't depend on him to help me, and neither can anyone else. It means more work for me because everyone looks to me.

Thursday night was super busy, I was the manager on duty, and several kegs blew. I had to go grab the kegs from the walk-in across the restaurant as fast as I could, and now my back is jacked up. Again.

It's an endless cycle of fucked up / okay / fucked up / okay .... with my back. I'm tired of it.

Rave: I applied for a state job a few months ago. According to a guy who already works at that office who I know personally, they don't even have enough applicants, plus I always score the highest on their placement tests, so I am a shoe-in. I kind of like the adrenaline rush of being balls to the wall, and if is anything like my other office job experience, I am going to hate it ("there will never be another office job like when you worked at XX" -says every single person I voice this hesitation to).

BUT the pay is slightly better, excellent coverage and less expensive health benefits. It would be almost free to go to a chiropractor, and the monthly health premiums are less than half what I am paying now.

And absolutely the biggest pro of all: This is a federally funded state job with 2+ locations in every state, and getting a lateral transfer to another office is easy. This can be my ticket out of the state. I always said it would be easy for el husband to find a job in another state (his field of study is IT) vs me, and this might be my opportunity to eventually take a job in another state. It actually lines up perfectly with how much time he has left in school, too. I would be a trainee for a year (and they won't transfer a trainee) and he has about 1.5-2 years left.

Edit: Rave: Found muscle relaxers in the medicine cabinet.

#20445 bewildered, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  6. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: in the middle of negotiating terms of divorce.

Rave: look out cougars.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Life is good, I'm busy, things are moving ahead, looking for an apartment in Minneapolis this week for next fall

Rant: Perhaps a little too busy right now

8. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I am starting a new job tomorrow...sort of. They said that I can work for 2 hours on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after I get off from my current job to see how it goes. It will be an almost 50% increase in pay from my current job, if it works out.

Rant: It is a 6-month temp-to-hire job through a staffing agency, and it is another project based job where there may only be work for a few years, at most. That not only means that the job might not be permanent, but I'll also have to do something about my health insurance if I leave my current job and lose the plan that I have through work. Also, the new job would put me in a higher tax bracket, so in the end this may not even be an increase in pay.

Rave: I am headed up to Nashville next weekend to see Eleanor Friedberger! I went to Nashville back in February for another concert and had a great time. It's once again only an overnight trip, but I do hope that I will get to see a little more of the city this time. When I was there 2 months ago it really seemed like a cool city, even for a non-country music fan. If anyone who is familiar with Nashville has recommendations on restaurants then I would love to hear.

Rave: Only 4 more weeks until I have my masters.

Rant: I still have two pain in the ass projects and a term paper to complete before then. The finish line still looks so far away.

#20448 Czechvodkabaron, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: Got a massage today.

10. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I realized on the way home last night that I left three shirts, a blazer and three necklaces hanging in my friend's closet in Charleston. They'll get put in the mail to me and I'll have them in a few days but what a pain in the ass.

Rave: I had a great interview yesterday for a job/company I'm really excited about.

Rave: Going to be working part time at a golf course at the halfway house. It's ridiculously easy work and great tips.

Rant: I'm really over my friend's wedding - and we're still two months away. She hasn't grasped the concept that the photos of stuff she wants and the ideas she has aren't DIY - you pay professionals for shit like that because that's what they do. If she wants long curly sticks in vases at the reception, she isn't going to find those sticks in the woods of North Carolina, she has to buy those. She wants all of the bridesmaids in different dresses and different colors - instead of all of us picking out our dresses together, we're all on our own. I'm pretty sure the styles are going to look ok together but the colors may be a different story.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Weather ended up being beautiful. Kept saying rain in the afternoon but it never materialized.

RANT: Dropped my 3 month old S6 and cracked the screen. Wasn't even drunk when it happened.

12. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I invested a solid bit of time, money, and effort into seeing an ENT about my Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. It ended up as a 15 minute appointment (after a 2.5 hour wait) the gist of which was "We can't do anything. You will either get better or you won't. And oh yeah, sometimes the nerves grow back with wires crossed and you could close your eye every time you smile or something like that. Come back in three weeks so we can check your progress." He made it sound like I'm looking at least another month of this and more likely around 3. Huzzah.

Rave: I ordered a leather eye-patch. I'm going to be a business casual pirate now!

Rave: DCC recommended Jocko Willink's podcast. It's interesting, and if nothing else it makes me tell myself to stop being such a whiny little wimp about it .

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: I may/may not have stopped up an industrial toilet at work.

Rant: A nurse was waiting outside the door waiting for me to leave. I shamefully informed her that she needed to use the Other Restroom. With a single stall restroom, there's no way to play that off or blame someone else.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: The day has barely even started and I can't read/watch any more news. Between the deputy in Houston being shot in the back 6 times, an officer in Nashville attacked by a crowd while other shitbags stood by and filmed it, and here locally some guy in a wheelchair being randomly attacked for no fucking reason....I can't take any more.

This world is a truly fucked up, miserable place.

15. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: It should be legal to tag cars that bypass traffic by driving on the shoulder with paintball guns. Assholes.

Rant: Boss' boss being super passive aggressive lately.

Rave: Happy clients. Feels good to spend three years on a project and hit it out of the park.

16. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: My mother was scammed out of thousands of dollars. The criminals were sophisticated; they had RCMP badge/officer numbers, TD employee numbers, 1-800 #s to contact her, the ability to take over her computer and they also knew her account numbers before they called her.

The bank will not reimburse her for the cash they got hold of, to the tune of $2600. Any ideas how to force their hands? It's so unfair and unkind. I hope those assholes get a disease or are violently assaulted on the way to their car.

17. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: My boss was here when I got in this morning. She usually strolls in about a half-hour after me. I don't like when she's here before me because that means I have work waiting for me.

Rant: She used the bathroom, walked out and proceeded to tell everyone that she clogged the toilet.

Rave?: At least she unclogged it herself. Happy Friday!

18. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: Grabbed wrong cough candies today. Active ingredient: benzocaine. Fml.

Rave: My throat is so numb I could probably deep throat a horse. I'm popping one tonight with the husband and going for broke.

19. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Finding an apartment in Minneapolis is horrible. Seems like if I want a place with parking, a washer/dryer and central AC its going to cost me a min of 1.5k/mo, whereas in other cities those same apartments would cost half that. Had no idea Minneapolis had such a hot housing market

Rave: Flight back to Denver got cancelled today so I get to look at two more apartments today. I needed an extra day anyway, and now I don't have to pay Southwest a change fee to make it work. I'm really hoping one of these two works out, they look better than the pit I saw yesterday.

#20459 toddamus, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  20. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: If I pause to let you through the door before me could you just give me a slight acknowledgement that I exist? Just a nod or slight inclination of the head would do. I understand if you've left the old fanfare and streamers at home, I really do. But just give me something....
    Rant: Please change your ringtone on your mobile to something other than the defaults it came with. I'm sick of looking like a twat when I try and answer someone else's call