Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: We were meant to start getting the roof and windows installed in our extension today.

For the last week we have been checking it was on schedule, assured that it was and that the 11th would be the day it starts.

Today rolls around and we get told it's delayed a week as the project manager didn't realise that we were having a tiled roof, and that is a different team apparently.

Fuck I hate builders

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/rave: Just spent $3k to replace the whole interior of the pontoon.

Now I plan on making custom seat covers so nobody's butt touches it... really they'd be so the dogs can still go and I won't lose my mind.

3. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: Spent the day jackhammering a set of concrete stairs which were added to the house some time in the 40's. 3 step, completely solid poured concrete. Holy shit I'm completely shot, but the end result looks so much better.

4. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Raaaaant: Moved on Sunday, husband went out of town Monday. Got back this afternoon and I put a load of laundry in this evening….. which didn’t drain and flooded the basement. Where we still had a mountain of boxes from the move. Send help. Or Xanax. Maybe some muscle relaxers too since my back is fuuuuucked from panic hulking a bunch of boxes around.

Silver lining: Caught it very quickly. Ultimately not that much damage. And I guess we’re getting a jump start on unpacking ‍♀️

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: most of my family is together for moms bday today, and she had an accident during the party. Was tripped by dogs running past and fell in the street, hitting her head on the curb. She's at the hospital. Seems ok for now but they'll probably do a scan to be sure there's no brain bleeds or whatnot. I sure hope everything is ok.

Rave: she's fine. She'll be sore from landing on her butt and wacking the back of her head on concrete but there's no bleeds or fractures, no concussion. Just a single stitch on the goose egg on her head.

#22185 bewildered, Jul 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

Until now I had not busted pants down cock in hand cranking one off. That ended today. Thought they had left the house. Strike plate did not hold locked door in. Now stuck at my house with my Sister in Law who saw everything. No mistaking what I was doing. My face is as beet red as Ive ever had.

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Turned 40 on Saturday and immediately woke up with knee pains. Just kill me now.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Well not a big rant because I got a refund, but if any of y'all use the walmart app, make sure you're checking your prices and totals on stuff. Last week there was a $20 item out of stock that was still charged and part of my total, this time there was some $15 fee added after I hit submit that they just refunded me when I got a chatbox going with customer service. I'm going to have to go back through stuff now to make sure my orders were correct. No idea how long time of this has been going on.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT AGAIN: Had the tile guy scheduled originally for today but he pushed it to Wednesday. Only notifying me last week when I touched base with him. I texted him today asking if we're still looking good for Wednesday and now he says he's behind on a job and it'll be next Wednesday. Thanks for the heads up asshole. Now the wife has to change her day off request for a 3rd time.

I can't wait for a recession so people like this can no longer give shitty service. They're so busy that they don't give a rat's ass if you go with someone else. But you can't because everyone is booked way out.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: What the fuck is wrong with parents? I just got home about an hour ago... unhooked the Tin Can and parked it in the driveway, unloaded the essentials, and was starting to take a big shit, when the door bell rings. I ignore it, because I figure it's just Amazon dropping shit off, but then the bell goes again. So, I hike up my shorts, mid-shit, and head up to the front door. The puppy is going nuts. I get her sorted out in the back hall (a nice little "kennel" with a door to keep her under control for when people show up to the door), and there's 2 little girls at the front door... asking if they can walk my dog. I say, "sorry, no, she's too big and powerful for you... thanks though." They are probably 40 lbs each... barely come up to my waist. My 5 month old puppy is almost taller than them standing, and definitely weighs more. And is a fuck-ton more powerful. Hell, she's getting at that stage where she's dragging wading pools full of water around the deck, and almost yanking my arm out of it's socket when she sees a rabbit on our nightly walks. Never mind her energy, her puppy-biting, and her tendency to jump up when excited. No fucking way the kids would be able to handle her, and could get seriously hurt, just by the way Zoe plays.

Anyway... back to my shit... I close the door, head back down to continue with what I had started, and the bell rings again. Fucking hell.

It's the fucking mom.

"Why won't you let my kids look after your dog? They're good kids!"

I just looked at her for a few minutes, shocked, and said, "give your head a shake... she's a german shepherd puppy that you couldn't handle, never mind your kids, now go away, you're bothering me."

She was shocked, and I closed the door.

I honestly have no idea who she was... didn't recognize her, have no idea who her or the kids are, but I just can't wait to get that "mean old guy with the vicious dog" rep around the neighbourhood.

Makes me want to go back out in the woods away from people.

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I sat down to start my third book. I don't have a solid plot line for it, but a great beginning so, screw it, I'll start there and see what happens. I got a solid 500 words down that I'm happy with, then had to walk the dog and wash dishes.

I've talked in the past about "hearing voices" and my best work "writing itself." No shit, it started happening. Conversations playing out in my head, plot ideas and story elements just "happening." Now I just have to string it together and make it make sense. I'm pretty ecstatic

12. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, did you at least lock eyes with her and continue pumping?

RANT: I've finally decided to get a vasectomy; I don't like the thought of raising a teenager when I'm in my 60's. (That's not the rant).
    However, I've been dealing with nothing but bullshit when trying to schedule an appointment. THREE fucking urologists in my area refuse to do them for "religious reasons," ie: they're Catholic.
    I swear, the Catholic church has been fucking my shit up my entire life.

When I finally did find a urologist who would do it, I asked if they accepted my insurance. They do!

And guess how much the insurance will cover: $1.60. No, I didn't leave out a zero, or put the period in the wrong spot. One dollar and sixty cents. Fucking worthless insurance.

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just found out that one of my ex's friends little girl died. Kid had leukemia, and her treatment was impacted by COVID-19. She was probably 9-10, and adorable. I can't claim to know her that well, ex and I parted ways in Nov. 2020 and her friends (and her friend's kids) obviously fell off the radar in a big way. I guess this is just my version of shouting into the void how fucked that is, and how excruciating it is for a family of folks my age to lose a child.

Mom's in the ER, and I'm in COVID-19 Corn Teen, and this all just fucking sucks.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:. I have hogweed burns on my chest. This sucks tremendously. Imagine this, but on your chest. Screenshot_20220720-201655-749~2.png

15. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant... Life is so sucky today I forgot another big rant..

I said i was going to add a drain pan to our water heater. Well, I never did it, and today I paid the price. It burst. Luckily the wife happened to walk by right after so only about 10 gallons made it on the floor before i cut off the supply.

Rave... New one has a motherfucking drain pan.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: MIL passed yesterday suddenly...on my son's birthday... Wife's parents were living as expats in Costa Rica, so my 8 month pregnant wife can't travel for funeral, be with her dad, etc.

My mom had stroke induced dementia a few weeks after we got engaged and died 2 months before our wedding; my dad died was diagnosed with multiple myeloma while my wife was pregnant with our son and died 19 days after he was born...can we have one positive life event without a family member dying?

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Some meths tried stealing the cat conv off a totaled car.

RAVE: Jokes on them as some other meths already stole it.

Attached Files:

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant:

FEE4828C-52C8-42FA-B1D0-D0CF7D034D18.jpeg

Weather is gay.

Attached Files:

19. binx bolling

binx bolling
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT: Fuck Cancer. Fuck it all to hell. I am at the age, I turn 40 at the end of the year, where so many of my friends' parents, and now my dad, has to go through this. It's awful.

RAVE: I'm thankful for this place. This Board allows me to RANT and post about my garden and life. I don't post a whole lot, but, it helps. Thanks, Idiots.

20. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My sister is a fucking moron. I'm on my first trip since covid in Ireland here with Jägerette, mom, and my sister and her family.

Now the rule was if you are sick at all you're out of the trip. Well my sister got a cold and came anyway, as she was negative for covid because she isn't capable of thinking beyond anyone but herself and couldn't risk missing out on a free trip.

Now Jägerette, my mom and myself feel like garbage and have a cough, which means we can't go anywhere because well, we feel like shit and no one wants to be around coughing people, even if it's just a cold.

edit: fuck. She did have covid

#22200 kuhjäger, Jul 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022