Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I spent all afternoon washing, trimming and prepping Swiss chard and other veggies for dinner and burned it all up. The worst part is that it wasn't my fault. That burner turned ALL the way up to an almost white hot color instead of going to low like I turned it. I'm lucky I was in the room when I smelled the burning. So we got to spend $$ on dinner, get to spend some more $$ on a repair this week, and I wasted precious weekend time on a burned up project. At least the house didn't burn down too.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My boat seats finally came today.

Rant: Still have not found the time to make covers.

Rave: They fuckin nice. It's going to be down right luxurious again.

Rant:. A lot of work I don't really have time to do to get it put back together.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got my blood work results back and:

RAVE: Everything with regards to my liver functioning properly is golden. Either in the middle or towards the lower end.

RANT: My cholesterol is higher than I thought it would be based on my diet and activity level.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: When I was a kid, I was a voracious reader and spent many hours in the library in town. Being a country kid, I’d have to walk there after school and arrange for a ride home, but I was there all the time.

So when I learned my first novel was in circulation there, I had to go see for myself. Sure enough, there it was a couple doors down from the likes of Sidney Sheldon.

It’s a little thing, but it’s so special to me.

5. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

My internet speed on a Tuesday, or any typical weekday...

Screenshot_20220705-084925.png

versus a Saturday, basically anytime between 5pm Friday and 5pm Sunday, when the tourists and weekenders all show up and start posting and streaming and tiktoking and going livez.

Screenshot_20220702-083536.png

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Need to let a tech go today. Sucks because we need techs badly but his quality just isn't there. It's like dying of dehydration and your only water option is salt water.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Butt camera appointment postponed, due to doctor being sick.
    Rave: At least I hadn't started drinking the prep yet!

8. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant. Weigh in today with the fertility doctor. 113lbs, same as last visit. Covid erased all her progress.

Pm me fat- fuck smoothie recipes please.

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: got a dollar raise just because the starting rate for new hires went up a dollar. Neat!

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Our 4yr old Newfoundland/St Benard mix had her annual check up last week and her liver enzymes were elevated. Not crazy high, but since she's also lost ~10lbs since January the vet suggested an ultrasound. After the ultrasound and an aspirate, we've mostly eliminated liver cancer, but we still have no idea what's going on with her. Our remaining diagnostic options are expensive and require surgery. The other option is start her on steroids and hope it works.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got my new queso Teddy Roosevelt hat today!
    AC6BBF20-37E5-459E-8D46-8731615AE8EE.jpeg

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Changing my cell phone number. Fuck 2FA up the ass... so many implementations are severely broken.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Fuckin' corporate espionage or sabotage or whatever you want to call it. The shit that made hub's new job so tough early on was 3 guys being hired on for this new region's work at the same time, from their competitor.... the one guy acquiring more contracts than they could handle, and then all 3 quitting within a week of each other and going back to said competitor. Also the competitor is poaching other workers on his team. There's also behind the scenes crap happening with the competitor and at least one contract giver that fucks over hub's company for no legitimate reason.

Fast forward to today. He's having a meeting Monday to discuss severance or relocation with his management.

I'm optimistic, but this shit just sucks.

14. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Rant: Fucking hell. Probably going to need another back surgery.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT # 1: I cannot hold, underline, or italicize text on my phone on this site.
    I can't find an option list for it.
    Anybody have any help?

RANT #2: It's official: I'm going to lose my index fingernail.
    I smashed the hell out of it a few weeks ago, and I drained the blood out of it, so I thought it was safe, but NOOOO. It's separating from the nail bed now.

I've never lost a fingernail before.
    Toenails, yes. But this is different.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Friend finally gave me my 40th birthday present, and it was awesome.
    20220824_175721.jpg

17. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: We took both sons off to college today and I held it together WAY better than when we dropped off the oldest last year.

I think the fact that they’re not only at the same school, but also rooming together, helps.. a lot.

Older sons girlfriend of almost three years goes there as well, so they’ll be fine but our younger sons girlfriend is still a H.S. Senior this year. The poor kid came to see him off today and you could see she was upset but trying not to show it. We told her she can go with us for Family Weekend in three weeks. She’s a great kid.

Now the wife and I have to adjust to an empty nest for the first time in 20 years. Well, not counting a 1 1/2 year old dog.

18. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I have been awake since 4:15 this morning. I spent my day traveling to Disneyland with my wife and two kids.

That isn't the rant, but it could be on its own. My 3 year old with his watermelon sized head fell off one of the hotel beds and smashed the back of his head on the marble topped end table. Of course he began bleeding everywhere, so I scooped him up and held his screaming, struggling, profusely bleeding idiot ass with a towel behind his head in the bath tub until a hotel medics showed up. I looked like I had been slaughtering livestock when they took him to the hospital with my wife.

Rant: Fucking hospital couldn't verify my son's health insurance. So now we get to pay an outrageous hospital bill and fight with our insurer for a reimbursement.

Rant: Wife has been at the hospital for like 4 hours and they still haven't been seen yet.

Rave because I need silver linings: Managed to get the bloodstains out of my son's pajamas with a bar of soap. Plus thee
    hotel manager is having a car sent over to the hospital to pick up my wife and kid since we aren't renting a car.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I think we are hitting a true sleep regression with the kiddo. It got rough a little over a week ago when kiddo learned that they could climb out of the crib. Last night was awful. So much crying, for hours. So much pretending to need to use the potty and other tactics to get out of bed. My head hurts.

Rave: yesterday my neighbor picked up dog food and a few odds n ends from the grocery store so that we could sit tight here. I have several fantastic neighbors on my street, but she is a very special person.

20. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Confirmed. Surgery set for Oct 5th