Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: I have way too many cables that are power only... just trying to find a cable to data sync these days is a fucking nightmare. I have to start labelling my cables soon.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

rant: my eldest son (8) is at the doctor for headaches. As a precaution, they're going to send him for an MRI, since my brain tumor headaches date back to around that age as well.

rave: I was told that my brain tumor was not a genetic thing, though obviously we know a lot more about our brains between now and 15 years ago when I was told that. The good news is, even if he had a brain tumor, the advancements in medicine have come so far that they would have removed my brain tumor out-patient with fucking lasers. Reasonably certain my son will be fine, but it's still absolutely horrifying knowing I could have passed this down and now he might go through it as well.

*edit* now going to a pediatric neurologist before the MRI

#22262 Revengeofthenerds, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

THE RAVIEST RAVE THAT HAS EVER RAVED: Papers have been signed, employees have been notified and 1/2/23 will be my last day of work.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congratulations on the sale and enjoy your retirement.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: Had a huge chunk of my hand carved away today. Fucking cancer. Part of it's on me though, I waited 5 years before deciding it wouldn't go away on it's own.

RAVE: They did get it all.

HUGE RANT: There's another lesion on my nose. They may have to take off the front of my nose. Mother. Fucker.

6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Got up around 5 expecting another snow day only to find we had a two hour delay. I hate those. So I got dressed, plowed, shoveled, etc. and came in soaking wet bitching to my wife that there's no way we should be transporting kids on those roads. I checked my phone and found out the district smartened up and canceled school.

Rave: Four day weekend baby! The our days of school before another 10 days off.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: Taking 3 weeks off starting Monday.

8. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Rave: In between jobs as I wait for the new one to begin and I'm officially on vacation for the next 5 1/2 weeks

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT (Fuck Cancer, Pt Duex) : A good friend's father passed away Wednesday from cancer, his wife went to bed that night and never woke up. I'm sure his passing destroyed her will to live, they'd been through a lot of grief over the years including losing their first born when he was 21 and a grandchild at 27.

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I must've pissed off some karma gods or something who seem determined to make my last two weeks a living hell. Fucked parts, pissed customers, no show employees, sick employees etc etc etc

RAVE: Seven days.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Close friend might have cancer. They have their surgery scheduled for the day after Xmas to find out. Their first kid is due in 2 months. Life is a bitch sometimes.

12. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: While taking my kids to daycare this morning a guy ran the red light, hitting a woman hard enough to knock her car into me and deploy my airbags.

Rave/rant: Kids are ok, and I'm ok. I didn't see any visible injuries when I checked on the woman he hit into me, but she was in shock and left in an ambulance...I hope she's ok.

Fuming mad rant: The guy is insured...with subprime insurance...I feel like we're about to get fucked 3 ways from Sunday as far as insurance is concerned. We literally just paid the damn van off

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Snow day like I was a kid. Just going to veg and play fifa. 4 day weekend!

14. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: We got approved for IVF. We can only use a donor egg, but they match the donor as close as possible to the looks and body type of the mother, most importantly eye colour. We don’t want anyone who can remembers their Punnet squares to figure out anything. Best of all it is covered under the public health, so we don’t have to pay anything, aside from our massive tax bills.

Rant: one condition is that during the whole process is we have to remain in Stockholm county, and we just bought a house outside Stockholm county. Looks like we have to keep the pied a terre at least another year.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: And it continues. Painter completely ghosted me yesterday. Texts me at 6:30AM this morning and says his kids have two Dr appts today and he won't be in.

Three days. I'd say RAVE but really, don't even care anymore.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Just popped for Covid. 2023 is off to a great start.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Had a clipper mishap while giving our kid a haircut. We had to buzz it with a 1/4" guard to fix it. Then, for some reason, he picked up the clippers without a guard and buzzed a stripe down the middle of his head. Had to buzz it all off, no guard. He was pretty devastated.

Rave: At least his head has a nice shape to it and it doesn't look that bad.

18. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Getting dental work (a crown) done for the first time in about thirty years.

I fucking hate the dentist.

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Jesus Christ, almost two solid hours of drilling.
    The anesthetic is wearing off, and I feel like I got punched in the jaw.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: hubs got a new job, hooray!