Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: A tree branch fell on some power lines and knocked out the power.

RAVE: it's only 91* today and not 110* like a few days ago

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Huge storm came through and knocked out the power 6ish on Monday and it was out until yesterday at 9:30pm. It was in the high 80's, low 90's and I was growing tired of my own smell.

Rave: That shower last night was Heaven sent.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuckity Fuck Fuck RANT: Just about the 2nd worst rant I could possibly make at the moment. Cancer friend has had a slight fever, nausea and worse nether region pain than usual over the last week. He finally tapped out to the pain due to a hard bump at the base of his nuts. While waiting for his wife to get home and take him to the ER last night, he moved and something popped leaking a stinky fluid. We all thought it was an ingrown hair or some sort of abscess but once at the hospital they did a CT scan and said it was Fournier gangrene*. Unfortunately they said he was past the point of carving up his backside and sent him back home to be as comfortable as possible. They couldn't say how much time he has but said it could be days to weeks. I'm a fucking wreck right now.

*Don't google unless you have a very strong stomach

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave(ish): I decided to handle it now.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: he got an offer for a state job. Solid salary, great benefits, we don't have to move. I am so happy for him.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- My gym just announced it’s closing down next month. 2 minutes from my house and on the way to work. There is another on the way to work but 20 minutes away from my house. Leaving that much earlier is going to be a bitch. So far other gyms around me either aren’t open in the morning or super expensive or too out of the way. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Played another festival this weekend and it was a good time overall until a dipshit security guy who couldn’t be bothered to open the VIP parking gate all the way decided to start closing it before I was all the way through, gouging a nice stripe down the side of my truck.

IMG_7011.jpeg

The asshole had the nerve to say, “You’re not supposed to hit the gate sir,” which I’m sure he thought was funny. I got out, shot him a dirty look and said nothing more because I wanted to punch him but that wouldn’t be a good look for the band. So I went and found the organizers, who found the person in charge of security, who…

Long story short it was my word against his and he had plenty of time to give the police a bullshit story before they came and got me.

While the event organizers were apologetic and pissed in my behalf, it was quite obvious no one from the grounds gave a fuck. So now I’m left with damage to my truck that’s gonna cost more to fix than I made for the weekend.

#22567 walt, Jul 28, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2024
  8. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: I'm back after a million years (again.)

Rant: I don't want to post a status because I would never in a million years dethrone Blue Dog's status. I've been a member here since day one, even if I disappeared for a decade or whatever.

Rave: The kids and I seem to be getting along okay after losing my husband a year and a half ago. It feels weird to say that but it's true.

Rant: Dating in your thirties is the worst form of torture. Literally. It's a nightmare out there. I wish I didn't have a need for intimacy or I'd swear it off indefinitely.

Rave: My family is happy and healthy and I'm thankful for everything we have, even when things are hard.

Rant: That last rave makes me sound like the annoying girl from high school that posts stupid shit on Facebook. To quote Bill Hicks, "it's just a ride."

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I stopped at the rest stop to blow it up on the way from a sample pickup location to the lab. Guy from the location called me mid blow up. He never ever calls so I figured it was urgent and answered. I figured I could clench my butt cheeks for the duration of the call but the goddamn toilet kept auto flushing repeatedly. Just over and over. He wanted to know how far up the road I was for the thing he forgot to give me and I told him I was at the rest stop so he CLEARLY knew that my ass was on the toilet.

In a fever pitch of sweats and anxiety, I proceeded to call my supervisor to see what she wanted me to do. I don't know why I didn't finish up my business and call her after. I don't fucking know. But the toilet just kept flushing and I could tell it kind of tilted her because of course my location was pertinent to the conversation and she knew I was on the toilet.

Goddamn.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant... I think.. pretty sure: I guess my ride on the gravy train is over. Guy that had my old job got fired, for some reason. The easy work is gone. No more quick, bullshit jobs. Now, it's crap like 3,300+ acre boundary/ALTA survey with 770 acres of topo for erosion control, site and grading plans for the largest solar farm the company has ever done.

They offered me enough money to rent, or even buy, a place to live in near the office if I could start actually coming into the office. I hate that city. I don't want to live there, or even visit.

Screenshot_20240814_092420_Gallery~2.jpg

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Had an estimating job pop up right by my house. Passed the phone interview with flying colors. Went for the in person and had a 45 minute interview, toured the shop, met half the crew, the GM said at least three times that I'm more than qualified. He said he had two more scheduled interviews but was sure we'd be talking soon. Never heard anything and just saw that they reposted the job. That means that I wasn't passed over by some rockstar. They straight declined my ass.

RANT: Saw a neat fixer upper on Zillow 36 minutes after it was posted on Monday. Toured the house, put a cash offer over asking that same day. They had 11 other offers and at least one of them was higher.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: the guy who worked in the lab with me got fired for being drunk as fuck at work on Friday. I feel really bad for this guy. He is introverted to the extreme and a super jumpy guy. His forearms are riddled with scars from old cutting behavior. There has been a whole escalation of the problem that I was not aware of til he got fired. DUI in Nov, urine tests by the state. I just hope that he reaches to a real friend, family member, AA person, something. I could see him doing something that just takes him out of the race forever. He's a really funny, clever person who is dealing with his problems in such a destructive way. So sad to see in real time.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: 4 times today I've had people bang on the door to try and sell me stuff. College Pro Painters, window cleaning, and 2 politicians. Despite having a big "no soliciting" sign. Needless to say I was bit pissed by the last guy and just saw him holding a campaign brochure, start to speak, and I just said "go away" and closed my door. All while Zoe was trying her best to get out and eat him.

Why do people think it's OK to bother other people like this?

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I hate benefit selection with a new job. I have decision paralysis and you gotta make a choice and go with it.

Rave: HOLY FUCKBALLS this is probably the best and cheapest health insurance I've ever signed up for. I want to cry, not even exaggerating. This job is basically a pay raise because of the $25 a month FOR EXCELLENT FAMILY health insurance including dental and vision.

Oh, and Oregon still has a good pension system on top of other retirement benefits.

Come be a state of Oregon employee, y'all.

15. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congratulations Bewildered. Enjoy those benefits for as long as they last. I have a son working for a nonprofit that pays zero for his health, vision and dental benefits. Oh and his copay is zero. His Uncles and Aunts are all amazed that a health benefit like that exists in todays world.

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I thought the housing market was cooling due to the higher interest rates? We looked at a house, put in a $20k over asking offer, it sold for $60k over.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I did a good deed yesterday and saved the neighbor's cat, by climbing about 25 feet up a tree to get him down. Thing is, that tree was covered in poison ivy. I don't typically get poison ivy, mostly because I'm good at spotting and avoiding it. I'm not highly allergic to it, but I will get it if I'm not careful around it. But the way I basically had to shimmy up that trunk, all wrapped up with ivy, I have it bad. This is already sucking.

18. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's on my genitals.

This is a rant.

I might be going to the doctor for a steroid shot.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Soak your dick and balls in an Aveeno oatmeal bath. Works.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Today was the last day before a month of vacation time. I now have all of September off, and I'm doing a 3 week cruise from Venice to Barcelona, with my mom. I'm so looking forward to it.

RAVE: Big promotion at work today. We're going through a bunch of reorgs with a new CEO who's cleaning house and setting things in the right direction. We're all really happy with what he's doing. The end result is that I'm now the lead techie (Senior Principal Engineer) for half the company's back end services and infrastructure.