Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant, rave, hell I don’t know: After I posted the above, I later posted that I’d handled it. I let the other two “lead” guys know back in July that I’d be done by the end of this year. I’ve been pretty resolute in that decision and made my peace with it.

Until this weekend, when, we didn’t have the greatest gig ever but for me, creatively, it was excellent. I played a difficult ( for me ) piece of music on the electric guitar and nailed it. Hours of practice paid off, and made me want to work at it more.

There was some conversation about my impending departure, who had me thinking. But it was a younger guy who was talking to us after the show that made me realize, we’re doing something a lot of people dream of. Hell, that we and I dreamed of! And we’re at the level we dreamed of reaching.

Twenty years of my life, and I don’t think I’m ready to walk away from it quite yet.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: First time catering a big wedding (275 people) and it went even better than I expected. Not only was it the most amount of food I've cooked in one go, but it was also legitimately the best briskets I've ever made, and I was able to get all 12 of them consistently great. We even lined up referrals for 2 more weddings next year during the reception.

Rant: I was so busy because our original crew of 4 ended up only being 2 1/2 of us (third guy was only able to make it our for a few hours the actual day of the wedding), so I wasn't able to get any pictures. Also, I'm glad this is only a side hustle, because I am still feeling wrecked two days later.

3. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Work is usually a little hectic this time of year, we expect it. We also expect there's gonna be some changes to the schedule. But it'd be fucking nice if they TOLD me about the changes instead of having to find out at the last minute or waiting until the night before to tell me a kid is riding or moved.

Seriously, there was a whole puch to have this shit done by the 20th or so. So I did. And now I've spent a couple hours making revisions yesterday, this morning, and then again this evening because some fuckwit didn't think, "Hey, the guy who is picking this kid up should know the kid exists," until the last minute.

And my aide was late this morning and is already crabbing about things we haven't actually encountered yet.

15 more fucking years....

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I want a redo for today, or to be lowered into a medicated slumber until a new day starts.

Let's just say that included with the shit salad that was my day was a nice little sprinkling of FLEAS that we picked up when sampling an infested house. I had to cancel other appointments, buy a bunch of treatments, etc. My manager wouldn't even allow me into the lab to drop off stuff. We ended up throwing stuff at each other on the side walk. I picked off more than 30 fleas off my kid.

I fucking hate fleas. Took a solid 3mo and hundreds and hundreds of dollars in treatments and chemicals to get the last situation under control. I really hope I got them all.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Hot Italian chicks are hot.

6. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well stated Nett. I hope you get lucky.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got the first round of editing and rewrites done on my third book and it’s now in the hands of a couple beta-readers. Now I just have to decide on cover art and should have it released before the end of the year.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: My friend passed early this morning. Rest in pain-free peace M.R.G.

9. Wildquackr

Wildquackr
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT: Best friend since kindergarten passed away from two strokes. 54, awesome wife, great family and adult children. Goddamnit.