Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rise & Shine! Its Drunk Thread Time! 2/3/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

EXACTLY like this. "There's pleeeenty to go around!"

Edit: Fuck, or this:

#121 CharlesJohnson, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am on day 13 of no booze, not because I think that I have a drinking problem, but because I am on a diet. And I want to prove to myself that I can do it. I don't have a problem with alcohol, but habitually had 2 glasses of wine (more on the weekends) every night of the week. I realize that ON PAPER it looks like I have an alcohol problem, so that was starting to be a bit concerning to me. Especially since thinking back, I couldn't remember the last day where absolutely no alcohol passed my lips.

The good, it hasn't been so bad really. I get little thoughts of "gee, I wish I could wind down with a glass of wine" after a rough day of work, but resisted easily enough. I never had an ill affects from cutting it out either.

The bad, like Frebis, I have killed my social life. I was supposed to be at a girls weekend at a lake house this weekend. I played sick because it was easier just to put myself out of the path of temptation than to have to exhibit actual self control (in this case, it was for food purposes as much as alcohol, but same result). Plus I didn't want to be 3 hours away and realize (like he did) that it just isn't fun. My husband is going to a bar to watch the BIG GAME (KU vs MU basketball, what other big game is going on this weekend) and I think I'll just stay home with my hot tea.

But - it is only for 30 days, then I will try to add in social activities and just keep things in check (again, both food and booze related). As an added bonus, it is amazing how much less money you spend on a month of "detox". This Weekend Drunk Thread is turning into a bit of a PSA. We will need to change the title if this keeps up.

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I don't know why I expected a scotch tasting to not feel pretentious, but that one's on me.

Does anybody else find themselves using words like "peatier" and "legs" in reference to alcohol and seriously contemplate punching themselves in the face?

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Don't you dare forget "Smokey" or "Bursting with fruit".

5. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What sorts of scotch were they? Big distillery brands, micro-distilleries, or single barrel whisky?

6. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I think there was a mix of all of them?

I didn't write anything down, but there were some single malts, and some blends, and some really smoky ones.

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I can't drink scotch - not anymore. There was a Robbie Burns dance a few years ago where I drank way too much scotch, ate haggis and accidentally flashed a bunch of old men when one of my tall girlfriends took me up to dance the "Gay Gordon", and my dress inadvertently slipped down when she jerked my arms over my head. I remember throwing single malt nastiness up into a recycling bin in the alleyway while waiting for the cab to get us. Bad news bears.

I'm the pretentious bitch who talks about 'legs' and 'fruit' and 'oak' and 'full-bodied with just a hint of pepper and off-season blackberries' when I'm talking about wine, though.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Also, one guy looked and acted almost exactly like a non-actor version of this guy:

[​IMG]

And I couldn't say anything because he was being nice to me and I'm not an asshole, mostly.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Could have started talking like Cyril O'reily until he shut up and went away.

10. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just saw this on the 'book, felt it was too good not to re-post.

[​IMG]

11. mazian

mazian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's funny how being up for half an hour at 4 am to get someone to a train can fuck up your whole day.

When I hear people talking like that about alcohol I sometimes ask myself if they're making this up because everyone talks like that or if my taste buds are just broken and therefore can't tell me about the aroma orgy that somehow seems to be going on my mouth.
    Or I'm just not trained in appreciating my food/drink.

12. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, Blue Dog, I was taking my boys over to Fort Pike this morning to check it out and passed a beat up old boat and trailer with a sign that said, I shit you not, "Free boat and trailer, please take". If you find yourself on Chef Hwy today, have at it.

From what it looked like you're going to have to put that trailer on a trailer to get it to move, but you could have another (free) boat.

13. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Thanks to those who gave advice on my previous post (especially FreeCorps).

I talked over it with a few smarter older people over some drinks last night and decided why the hell not. What's the worst that could happen. Talked to her briefly today and, dare I say it, she actually seemed kind of fun. Let's see what happens. God this is weird.

14. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Just so you know that piece of advice can be applied to many things in life. Shows dominance. Now go get 'em champ!

15. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This sort of thing is the only reason that I keep a facebook account.

[​IMG]

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like someone spreading their butt cheeks to lay a big old fudge dragon.

17. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That thing pops up on my wall about once every month with all kinds of "Praise Jesus!" comments under it; I am always so tempted to post a link to Goatse.

18. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was going to say it looks like God pulling a goatse, but binary beat me to it.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Do people who say they watch the Superbowl "just for the commercials" really annoy anyone else or is it just me? There's nothing rational about feeling this way, and what difference does it really make? Why should I give a fuck?

I just do, and it drives me up a fucking wall. So you really enjoy having a clever pitch for XYZ Shit-Product thrown at you? Get a life you fucking dimwits. And by the way, shut the fuck up about how funny it was when the game comes back on.

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any soda (other than club soda) is awful for you. I have to be particularly careful with it (and really anything with processed/refined sugars, etc) because it just sets off really bad cravings for more. I mainly drink coffee, sparkling water and home brewed iced tea sweetened with agave nectar, but every once in a while, I get a soda. I have a harder time these days walking down the soda aisle than I do the beer and wine aisle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.