Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Snowboarding is stupid. Skiing is far better.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate how everything has to be some sort of political statement. I snowboard because that's what was cool when I was in middle school. Now that I'm old I continue to do it because I'm better on it than I am on skis. I harbor no ill will toward skiers.

Since I live in the flat land our ski hills are tiny and crowded. I mainly get angry at people that refuse to take a lesson when starting out. No, the best way to learn isn't to go to the top and fall all the way down. The best way is to swallow your fucking pride and have a pro teach you. Then you will be much less likely to hurt yourself or others. Don't clog up the tiny trails we have.

I'm going to be at Beavercreek the first week of January. I can't wait.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back in March, I rode up with two older ski instructors. They said that they've seen a shift because of that - that now that dads are doing it, kids are picking up skiing instead.

3. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been skiing since I was 6-7 & taught it to pre-school aged kids for a little while right after college. I've tried snowboarding a few times and while I could pick up the mechanics, it never began to flow or feel secondhand to me.

Snowboarders who ride an edge the entire way down the mountain can eat a dick.