Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

So, Lance, about that drug-free status...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Jan 15, 2013.

1. PenetrationStation

PenetrationStation
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just so pleased I never purchased one of those livestrong bracelets. Bullet dodged.

2. NotaPharmacist

NotaPharmacist
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Nope, though that was my first thought to. Kid got fucked over Catfish style by pranksters, and likely stretched some of the truth. A couple young-ass Twitter nerds have pulled up old tweets between the hoaxsters.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lance is an elite athlete, always has been. Before he did cycling he was a gifted triathlete. He is also an elite dick, always has been. What makes him so remarkable is Livestrong. Livestrong was set up to "promote awareness". If anyone can find a more vague meaningless phrase I'd love to hear it. Livestrong was essentially another revenue stream for Lance. Less than 5% of the money given to them was donated to any sort of research, the rest went into promoting the brand and making them rich. Lance is a dick. What pisses me off is that so many people donated money to this scam, when essentially the organization does nothing. Tell me, someone please, how "promoting awareness" helps anyone with cancer?

He used performance enhancing drugs. The reason he didn't get caught for as long as he did ins't because he cheated better than the rest, no, simply he bribed the testing agencies to misplace, mislabel, and ignore results. If you want to see Lance get taken down point by point look at several articles in Outside.

Every athlete in the peloton dopes, they pretty much have to, even the top guys (who'd be the top guys without the drugs) almost have to dope. Cycling is reliant on PED's because its not a skill, its based predominately on aerobic and anaerobic capacity. Its unique to cycling and other endurance sports.

Lance is a dick, I'm surprised about the shock behind all this. Its like when you know a friend who cheats on his g/f, and he finally gets caught, you shouldn't be surprised, you should simply shrug your shoulders and walk away.

4. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My point is that South Korea at least has A standard of what it means to be a celebrity, because they know that celebrity worship is so prevalent and society is so impressionable. They value intelligence. We value honesty and hard work. But these days we don't expect our celebrities to be honest, and half the time we don't expect them to work hard either (athletes being the notable exception).

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Psy has been juicing on Aderall for YEARS.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

IQ tests are bullshit to begin with. They're designed to test for learning disabilities, not accurately measure intelligence. IQs over 105 make zero difference and don't signify anything.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fuck 'em. Let him push the boulder up the Hill Of Credibility. He will never get it past the fact that the motherfucker attacked anybody and everybody who accused him of cheating in any way. Remember his pink panty meltdown in the restaurant with Hamilton? Was Hamilton not telling the truth? What a complete shitheel.

The Don King of cycling.

[​IMG]

8. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kind of hope that his remaining testicle becomes cancerous.

9. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What's that I hear? A voice from beyond the grave...

#49 toejam, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015