Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sober January and Other Promises

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VanillaGorilla, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aren't you single, young and in college? I give you until the end of them month.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Sober January and Other Promises

I made it two weeks when the court suggested I not drink for a year, longest two fucking weeks of my life.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Little over a week without nicotine (cigars). First few days were a bitch but hopefully itll smooth out soon. As much as I enjoyed the taste of cigars, I had become addicted to not only them but the action of smoking them. There are plenty of ways to die, and self-infliction is not one I fancy. Hopefully I stick with quitting this time around. 291st time is a charm!!... Right?

4. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Sober January and Other Promises

I'm on 11 days, I can't believe it's still January and not the end of fucking days.

5. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I started Crossfit last year and lost 30 pounds despite having a pregnant wife at home for part of the year (I know, what a great excuse). I dabbled in the Paleo diet towards the end of the year, I would say I was 20% Paleo, 80% of the time.

So, this year, my goal was to continue with Crossfit and become a more strict adherent to Paleo. This past week, I started up with Paleo again. The first few days were torture but it's leveling off nicely and I feel like I am getting my energy back. I'm still having trouble staying on the wagon on the weekends though.

Anyone have any tricks to keep yourself going through the weekend? Routines, etc.?

6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Drinking heavily.

I think I might be missing the point.