Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sober Thread: Boston Marathon Tragedy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Fox News is reporting that the second suspect has been gunned down.

2. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I haven't been able to get the image of the poor guy getting pushed in the wheelchair who got his legs blown off out of my head for the past day. The shredded flesh around his splintered leg bone makes me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine the emotional damage that kind of wound, let alone the memory of it all happening, could do to a person. I hope he finds a way to thrive and create meaning in his life after all this.

3. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck, now pressure cookers are going to require a background check.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

#224 Revengeofthenerds, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So not really the point, but I really can't understand why these guys didn't run to the hills after this. There has to be some odd reason.

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I have been in Greece for the past week and haven't been following this that much, but I'll be fucked if the things I have been reading on the net aren't making me believe that America is going through a descent into madness. People praying for them to have been members of the tea party, people praying that they would be muslim, Alex Jones trying to take over an FBI press conference. A disgusting fascination with the gruesome pictures, Reddit people trying to be the ones to uncover their identity, while fingering the wrong people, the media spraying runny fecal matter on the wall and seeing what sticks.

I honestly believe that the country is one good Kowalski dicking away from pure insanity.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

And you see, not that you're wrong at all -- I appreciate your international perspective... But I'm actually really proud with the way American in general (for once) has handled this.

The media has been the media, but I don't think with such a large story they've been too terribly inaccurate. If anything, they did a FANTASTIC job of getting those faces, and then the names, out there. I'll trade that for all the shit-throwing in the world.

8. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It seems like people are treating it as nothing more than entertainment, as well as various internet sites trying to gain legitimacy by hoping they were the ones to get the bad guys. I would clarify more, but I have to go to bed. Fuck it is late.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I kinda wish they caught maybe one so we could hopefully get an answer from these idiots but hey, dead is dead. Have a easier summer, taxpayers.

They both found and ended these shitheads quick and cool heads prevailed. Lets just say these were two (or three?) dummies that listened to the wrong voice, and your country stuck together on it.

Now, when I read comments on your country's news sites, my eyes whirl out of my skull. I know this is just the Typical. Y'know, "I'm anonymous on the internet, invincible, and I'll goad whatever reaction I please." but some people truly, TRULY say some dumb things. to actually HOPE it's a person of a certain race or demographic is just... exactly how many outlets did you shove your tongue into as a child to have this trajectory of thought? It's disgusting.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

BREAKING:

Sounds like they may have just captured him alive.

**edit** CONFIRMED. THEY GOT HIM ALIVE!!! Holy fucking shit!!!

11. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anderson Cooper saying Boston Police tweeting that this fucker is in custody.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't know if you saw the follow up, but as soon as he came to from surgery, he asked for a paper and pen. He wrote a very accurate description of one of the bombers and was instrumental in identifying him.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Well... this changes everything then. Now we'll get to see how this plays out in court. Sounds like he's gonna be a treasure trove of info.

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dry-docked boat is a terrible exit strategy.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My wife just yelled down the stairs they have him. Alive. Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I hope Alex Jones is choking on his own cock right now. However that would require an entire sit-up.

16. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glad we have him in custody, but jail is too good for this guy. Give him a bullet.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Sweet. Lets give this guy 3 hots and a cot and all the water he can breathe.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

From what I've read a home owner noticed a trail of blood leading to the boat in her backyard. The dude lifted the tarp on the boat, looked inside and saw a man covered in blood (imagine he crapped his pants shortly thereafter). So he called the cops. At that point. Sounds like it was a hostage team/negotiator that got him out.

They said the suspect is in serious condition in the hospital. Here's to hoping he survives. In my opinion, life in prison is a fate worse than death.

20. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Pretty sure that the big boyz won't let this little boy feel lonely. He better hope for solitary.