Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sober Thread: Boston Marathon Tragedy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since you didn't say cunt we'll let it slide. I knew this was bound to happen.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Richard Ramirez, The Night Stalker, married a pen pal while in prison. A man who once nearly decapitated an old woman with a knife as she was in bed and made faces and threats at victims' families in court.

People out there just plain are not right in the head, they come in all shapes and sizes. If you have feelings for somebody that slaughters people as a hobby, you should crush some of the foil on your antennae. Or perhaps kill yourself it would be appreciated more.

3. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tex Watson (of the Manson Family) has had 4 kids since being in prison.

4. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Which one??

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Richard Ramirez, The Night Stalker, married a pen pal while in prison. A man who once nearly decapitated an old woman with a knife as she was in bed and made faces and threats at victims' families in court.

People out there just plain are not right in the head, they come in all shapes and sizes. If you have feelings for somebody that slaughters people as a hobby, you should crush some of the foil on your antennae. Or perhaps kill yourself it would be appreciated more.[/quote]

My neighbor is a cardiologist. She married her husband while he was in prison for killing his college girlfriend on her birthday with a telephone cord. Crazy comes in all packages and might be located next door or in the next cubicle. Watch yo self.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Whats everyones thoughts on the Rolling Stone glam shot of the bomber? Honestly, I dont think its that bad. People around the city are pretty pissed about it, but I get what Rolling Stone was trying to convey. In response to it, a State Troopah released a few photos like these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For anyone not clear, those technicolor dots (red in the first pic, and many yellow ones in the second) are laser sights from guns.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's because only five of every 100 pages of that magazine isn't kiss-ass, two-faced bullshit. This is the magazine that Neil Strauss and Peter Travers write for. It's hard to take a good article seriously when it's surrounded by hacks talking about how Jack Reacher was one of the best movie in years. Newsweek is worse, I'm surprised they haven't had an article claiming the Boston Bombings were orchestrated by Satan, who Newsweek says is real.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well Newsweek closed up shop in December, and for that Im thankful. They were probably the worst out of them all. People are making the point that Rolling Stone also had Charles Manson on the cover after the Tate-LaBianca murders. Hitler was TIME's Man of the Year in 1939. Its all about sales, and with print dying a slow death, it will get even more controversial as they struggle to move units.

Is it disrespectful to the victims? Maybe. I understand that point of view and I probably wouldnt be too happy either. But theres been an outpouring of support and exposes on the victims, so I dont see this as cutting them off at the knee or anything. No pun intended.

9. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I also heard the officer lost his job by releasing those pictures.

10. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

I tried to edit my last post but it wouldn't let me. Anyway,

Charles Barkley agrees with the verdict.

I just liked how he said the media doesn't have "clean hands". You can see the interview on cnbc also.

11. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was relieved of duty...for one day. He will also be subject to an internal review.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I think if the public had access to more pictures like those, which tell the truth of the story, then a lot of this BS media nonsense could be avoided.

Though I guess follow the money. Media has a lobby in DC. They don't want those photos release unless they are "exclusive" so they get better ratings. Otherwise, they just want pics like what you see on Rolling Stone so they can sell speculation and fear.

13. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

That's what I get for taking my news from Q102 on my way to practice.

Also, it was kindly pointed out that my second post was in the wrong thread. All I can say is it's been a long week.