Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sober Thread: Boston Marathon Tragedy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Apr 16, 2013.

1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHO BEAT UP COOLIO?!?!

2. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Fox News had an "Islamic Terrorist" expert on yesterday to discuss which Middle Eastern terrorist organization could be responsible and why. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but maybe we should wait until AFTER we figure out whether it was a terrorist organization based in the Middle East (or something else entirely) before we have the "expert" on telling us who to fear the most....good GOD I'm so glad I don't have cable.

3. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

4. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, lately I've taken to reading the comments section on a lot of the news articles I read, and while I don't think I've developed cancer, I fear that somehow my IQ has been affected. People are either massively stupid or really really bored with their own lives. Some of the shit I've read just makes me shake my head in disbelief. It's like an accident. You don't WANT to see it but you just can't look away. The only worthwhile comment I read was a joke: "I guess someone wanted the runners to cross the finish line with a bang!"

5. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I predict this will be the standard reaction by politicians in the coming days and weeks.

#25 E. Tuffmen, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Keep in mind that RG3 has to be included in this conspiracy, since no one really wanted to be at the games before he came along.

7. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I heard, "the competition should really be fierce at the next Paralympics!"

Anybody done any reading up on Carlos Arredondo? You may have seen pictures of him in a cowboy hat, tying his belt around a guy's shredded leg while pinching off his fucking femoral artery with his fingers.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Arredondo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Arredondo</a>

Anybody who stepped in to help yesterday is worth any praise they get, but damn if that guy ever has to pay for another drink in his life.

I hope they catch the little piece of mouse shit who did this and make him run laps around a track laid with toe mines.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They are the most sold-out team on the planet no matter how bad they have sucked.

Who the fuck is Alex Jones?

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuck is Google?

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Where the last mile was dedicated to the victims of Sandy Hook.

Good article on it

"Sick" is about the only thing I can use to describe this right now. One moment you're standing, celebrating, cheering on your family members running a marathon. The next you're without both your legs because some coward put a homemade claymore on the ground behind you.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh, the fat turd who managed to out-asshole Piers Morgan? I hope he dies.

12. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If it was possible to knee yourself in the groin really fucking hard, I would want Alex Jones to do it ASAP.

13. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is sheer lunacy; I hope people don't really believe our Government does this type of thing.

One thing you can count on though is that our Politicians, of all stripes, will take this terrible situation and find a way to make things worse. Oh wait, it has already begun:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...bombing_i_do_think_we_need_more_cameras_.html

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...bombings-could-be-related-tax-day_717924.html

14. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You forgot about Chris Mathews suggesting it was someone on the "right" only hours after the news broke. Can he be included in the kick himself in the balls request? Now THAT guy is an asshole.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We speak no politico. All pundits are dickweeds, the end.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a strong play...

<a class="postlink" href="http://bostonmarathonconspiracy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bostonmarathonconspiracy.com/</a>

17. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus fuck I can only hope this country doesn't hit the stupid button like we did after 9/11. This is fucking sick and I hope they punish those responsible in ways that make waterboarding look like a holy orgasm by comparison, but the aftermath and our reaction to this as a country is going to have much more far-reaching effects, whether for the positive or the negative. The last asshole to orchestrate something of this level on our soil knew and used that. Let's hopefully most of us stay sane for the sake of those who are too heartbroken to do so.

Count me among those blessed to not have cable. I got to spend an hour at work listening to Herman Cain offer his oh-so-expert insight on a journey into the land of I Don't Know What the Fuck I'm On About. With that said, I'm happy I haven't heard any political shots over this, though it's only a matter of time.

19. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its interesting, in terms of sheer death Newton and Aurora were more significant. Many more people died. However, this is far more of a terrorist act. Less people will die, but it has much more of an effect on peoples psyche. Seeing how things have shaped up lately, we should be more concerned about as mass shooting than another bombing, however a bombing has much more of a psychological impact, and I imagine people will worry about that more. Is it because the idea of a conspiracy like this is more captivating or is the idea of a seemingly random bombing just more frightening and people think that's more likely to happen to them?

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Sober Thread: Boston Marathon Tragedy

Trust me they believe it, they eat, drink and live what this man says. You'd be surprised what kind of people believe it, they don't all live in a bunker.