Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spring Break/St Pats WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McSmallstuff, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't forget Conception Bay, Newfoundland and Swastika, Ontario.

In unrelated news; this place may not be Whistler, but at least I got to get some first tracks on fresh powder this morning. Also, I can get Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream flavour ice cream, and every kind of amazing beer (which I will pour into my travel mug and drink in the empty hostel lounge because they don't allow outside booze).

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Earlier this morning, there was a dude from the office downstairs on a cell phone, talking outside my window. I hear, "I am not talking to you anymore. Stop calling me. We're done. I don't want to talk to you."
    <pause>
    Then, in as loud as I've ever heard anyone scream into a phone, "Fuck you! Go to hell! I am sorry I married you!"

I am not a professional, but I think their marriage may be in trouble.

3. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're grasping at straws.

My neighbors used to have some real scorchers. She was a nurse, he was a fireman. So they kept odd hours. Cue them bickering at 5 a.m. Ever raise your voice before dawn, outside? That shit echoed several blocks. I can't imagine ever being angry enough in a crowded area to get that loud. If one of them ever has to bury the other in a shallow grave they've set themselves up right there. THINK DAMMIT! Fools.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Couples that scream at each other like that should have their tongues stapled to their chins with a pneumatic. There are few things more grating and childish on this earth I can think of than people who scream at each other while standing three feet apart like they're arguing a bad umpire call. One time there was a couple screaming on a public patio making an absolute scene and everyone within 100 yards could hear them audibly, so I told them to simply shut the fuck up and the guy tried to attack me for not minding my own business. The fucking nerve of people sometimes.

5. Brengsek

Brengsek
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Where David Hasselhoff is remembered for music, no
    And here I was, thinking it was only the 'mericans who confuse Austria and Australia... Rumour has it that they've had to bolt this sign down extra safely because tourists kept on stealing it. It would be quite the souvenir. Bonus points for the photo: The sign with the kids says "Slow please" Arguably better than "Slow children at play".

Anyways, here you go:

[​IMG]

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I have a question: Did everyone besides me (or at least everyone who knows who Ravi Shankar is*) know that Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter?

I feel like this is like the time I was totally surprised that Rashida Jones is Quincy Jones' daughter and everyone laughed at me for not knowing this already.

Also, I listened to Norah Jones earlier today and didn't hate it. Is this a sign that I'm turning into a soccer mom? Is there some medication I can take for this? Fuck, i need to go throw on Ready to Die or Appetite for Destruction to cancel this out.

*The guy who introduced the Beatles (and much of the Western music world as a whole) to the sitar

7. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gotta exploit the tourists any way you can...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, I remember that from her original rise to fame.

Ravi Shankar has another daughter that sometimes tours with him is also quite pleasing to the eyes. Which is amusing cause he looks like one of the Oompa Loompas from the new Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka...

9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Every now and then, my life reaches a new epic plateau of weirdness. It's fucking awesome.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got done scrubbing 17 years worth of hard water deposits out of my washing machine. If I never smell vinegar again, it will be too soon.

11. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Step right this way. Everyone must be issued a pair mom jeans and a gunt:

[​IMG]

What is with the mom shorts coming back? I thought we killed this in the late 90s. This is not attractive. I don't care if you throw your pussy in the air and it turns into sunshine*. Stop it. Please. I'm near a panic attack this is so troubling.

[​IMG]

*Thank you Della Reese.

12. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh the motherfucking mom shorts! As the weather has been getting warmer around here I've been seeing more and more of these hideous things waltzing around. Mom shorts are of the same ilk as women's jeans in the 80's. They have the ability to turn a gorgeous, sexy woman into the next contestant on fashion emergency. I understand some retro shit is in i.e. retro sports uniforms and things seen on Mad Men. These are not retro-chic and are not flattering.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Music for 52 year old people to screw to.

And this mom shorts thing, that can't possibly "come back". Maybe the women rockin' these shits will wise up when men stop checking them out entirely.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just took a car ride with two girls, driver included, who were smoking marijuana the whole time. The driver stalled the car at one point. I thought I was going to die.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Psshh try having them huffing nitrous..... I mean I never have but people here have mentioned it. Having done nitrous on a couch I'd have to say anyone trying it while driving have death wishes.

16. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Where do you live? Where do YOU live Caseykasem? I have never seen these, but the idea of them is making me angry and I'm sad that both of you have apparently seen this more than once in the wild. If they're a trend I'm going to punt something. Or are they just a trend for girls who think Uggs are cool and wear sweatpants with words on them when going out to dinner?

17. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

I fucking hate being in the car while high or with high people. I haven't been in a car while high since I was, like, 14, but I always remember it being terrifying because I thought we were going SO FUCKING FAST when we were going 30 mph...or this one time when I kept thinking things/people were jumping out of the woods in front of our car and I kept yelling at my dad. But if YOU thought you were going to die, this one time I was driving my high friend home and he thought it was HILARIOUS to keep reaching over to the driver's seat and yanking the steering wheel in his direction. We almost drove into the ditch, crashed into mailboxes, or swerved into oncoming traffic from me over-correcting three million times in our fifteen minute ride. Thank god it was in the same town on the same roads and I was only going 30mph or so.

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The worst was when I was in a taxi cab in Amsterdam. When I'm high, time slows down to a crawl (1 minute takes the equivalent of 3ish minutes in subjective-in-my-head time). Add this to the fact that all the damn streets in central Amsterdam look the same, and I was convinced we were traveling in circles. Which I "whispered" to my friend. Or so it seemed to me at the time. I apparently damn near yelled it and embarrassed everybody in the car. I suspected we were in Taken or something

Yeah, so I'm a real chill high person apparently...

19. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Do you never go into Manhattan? Those things were all over New York last summer, and I expect more of the same once the weather turns. They are atrocious.

20. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

Maybe my mind has just been refusing to perceive them as a coping mechanism. Although, to be fair, I did spend last summer in Central America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.