Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spring Break/St Pats WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McSmallstuff, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still struggling to understand what makes this different than the numbers of other terrible leaders around the world. Or the other nations in the past helmed by dictators such as Kony that the US already has invaded.

Again, I'm not saying I disagree with the intent of the whole thing, but from what I recall the last time we went and deposed a genocidal dictator most of the country wasn't too happy. Can you elaborate on that?

2. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Whoever made this video is the Joseph Goebbels of our day though. I have seen that damn thing all over the place.

I guess it's good that they are raising awareness, but something about the whole thing doesn't sit well with me at all. I might be too much of a cynic though.

#582 Gravy, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

STOP SNOOKI'S BABY 2012

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So women who wear make-up or color their hair are out of the running for the title of Mrs. Parker? Who do you date, nuns and Amish?

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't want to sound like a total hipster here, but I've known about Joseph Kony for several years now. He's not new by any means. I'm not sure what's changed, but I think a certain controversial political figure may have made some ambiguous (and ignorant) supporting statements about him and then Jon Stewart came along and said "really, dude?" a few months ago.

6. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Wait, you're black?

7. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

:sarcasm:

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Here's to hoping God steps in and pulls off the first ever immaculate abortion.

If that kid accomplishes anything less in life than a multi-fatality school shooting, I will be FLOORED.

Look at what this poor little mutant gets to look forward to: fetal alcohol syndrome, a mud-coloured mother that could make a strap-on go limp, and playing "Count The Perscription-Strength Cortisone Creams" at Auntie JWoww's effeciency apartment.

As for Kony, I did lose my shit when I heard abot how few know about him. I don't know what the deal is with this tiny country and how is a magnet for the worst fucking monsters humanly imaginable. Any video like that is going to have some sort of fabrication to it in order to compel the viewer, but make no mistake: this motherfucker is the most evil human being on the entire planet. Fact. I don't care how he is stopped, just THAT he is stopped. If there ever was a time to send in one of those jacked-up CIA cyber-ninjas with a tapoed handle snubbed-nosed pistol to do a little "problem solving", here is your guy.

9. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

So, here I am chatting with my roommate and eating a nice stir fry dinner when apparently there were somehow three uncooked grains of rice on my plate. And apparently, when you eat uncooked grains of rice, it feels exactly like if you chip your tooth and that piece of tooth is now rolling around your mouth with your food.

Now, I have a weird relationship with my teeth. They look fine, but I really hate them and they always give me problems, and if I could painlessly rip out all of them and get fake teeth I would, but I have a very unlucky history with dentists so I don't. (And for other reasons, I guess.) I fairly frequently have that common nightmare of your teeth falling out, and just a few days ago I had one where they were falling out as casually as that one time with Charlie in It's Always Sunny and it bothered me all day.

So this confusion really struck me at some deep emotional core and I fucking PANICKED and the only thing I could think of doing was to hold my hands up, open my mouth, and without warning just let my mouthful of food fall out into my hands, right in the middle of my roommate's story about how worried he is about his life. I look up at him with a terrified expression, he's looking at me with a completely disgusted one, and we reach this stand still where neither of us knows what to do. I don't feel like explaining myself, so I examine the food in my hands to try and find my tooth, and that's when I discover it was just rice and I start cracking up so hard I can't breathe. I get up, throw out my handful of food, and return to my plate and wait for him to resume his story. And that's when he reminds me that I never clued him into what the hell just happened.

...a miscarriage...?

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think it would probably be better to just blow up the whole cast during the halftime at next year's Superbowl. That would be hilarious, actually.

"Jersey Shrapnel" we'll call it.

Also:
    [​IMG]

11. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not good enough. We have to send a message to the others. A fear inducing, inscrutable message, preferably written in blood, nailed to the tanning salon doors like Luther's 95 Theses.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well at least for now his/her future is financially secure, for now, and won't have to be supported by the rest of us. He/she has that over the rest of the retards from Jersey.

13. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I dislike New Jersey as much as the next guy, but let's get our facts straight:

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U. ... _by_income</a>

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look I blatantly admitted I would have failed, let's not be rubbing it in here.

Looks like a Kony drinking game exists...

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So at my basketball game tonite, I encountered an advertising industry female the exact opposite of the one Parker described earlier. She decided instead of shorts, she would wear running spandex of some sort, but of a variety that was two toned, charcoal on the outside and then running up in the inside of her legs and covering the majority of her ass was black....and only in the back. There is no way those are designed as anything but directing of vision toward the wearer's ass. But good god did they look lovely.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And then again, sometimes stereotypes exist for a very good reason AHEM AHEM...

...the guy in the background is the greatest man who ever lived. He actually does put sunglasses on at the beginning.

I always pictured Jersey Types kind of like North Korea: they know everybody hates them, yet they think that THEY are the only ones who don't have their heads up their asses.

#596 Crown Royal, Mar 7, 2012
  17. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The swig at 50'ish seconds is so fucking great. I just keep rewinding to see his "oh fuck, that wasn't a good idea" face.

Not to mention a dumb Jersey guido quoting the lyric "I run New York". So close, but so far away.

#597 Gravy, Mar 7, 2012
  18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

That's the gayest video I've seen in a long time. There's no way those guys didn't start blowing each other right after they were done recording it.

#598 Trakiel, Mar 7, 2012
  19. Treble

Treble
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Who's "we"? I've met several educated people here in Spain who hadn't heard of Joseph Kony until they saw this video. You've heard of him.

About halfway through the video they talk about how the conflict has spread into other countries. They've got a separate company they ask you to give money to, and a product they ask you to buy (an 'action kit' with posters, a t-shirt, a bracelet) for $30. I just don't see the harm.

I talked about the direct aid question in my other post some.

20. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Anyone else think maybe the whole Kony campaign is part of an advertising campaign for Machine Gun Preacher? I saw it's gone insane on most downloaded torrents lists - presumably it's getting some DVD sales out of it as well.

I'm all for Kony getting a missile up the ass. I don't really have much positive to say about Invisible Children though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.