Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spring Break/St Pats WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McSmallstuff, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I know very little of this whole PUA thing, so I have a question: Is the PUA philosophy designed around meeting women to actually date and maybe see what happens from there or is it solely designed as a strategy for picking up women for one-night-stands?

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pure and simple, it's about sex and nothing more.

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Ideally (meaning what they might say in an interview), it's designed for whatever it is you want -- it's just giving you the tools to approach and seduce women, and what you do after that is up to you.

Practically, I believe a lot of the guys turning to this sort of community are just looking to have "f-close with hb10's".

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The answer is in this podcast. A damn good one.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/39275/b-s-report-louis-ck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... t-louis-ck</a>

That episode was fucking perfect by the way. He walks you through it on the podcast.

5. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure I'm glad I don't know what the fuck that means.

6. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I would like to thank my ad-banner for the laughs. We are currently doing a 3-ad rotation:
    * RUSSIAN BRIDES!!!!!!!
    * Wedding Dresses Starting from $99
    * Divorce attorneys in Toronto

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm currently getting hit with the tech ads. Way better than the singles ads I got hit with for two weeks even if I cleared my cookies. I don't need a girl, but I do need a fucking new laptop. Finally getting it right AdSense...

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I'm 100% sure that you're a better person for it.

Sometimes I read PUA forums when my blood pressure is too low.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I demand to know the names of these forums to so I may brighten my day soon after.

10. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

falalalala

11. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

hb7s n shit

I can't stop:

Sou1throb.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So, Wahoo anybody??

13. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think anybody stupid enough to believe that woman was even vaguely interested in him would be aware they were being wahoo'd.

But what do I know? I wouldn't know if a woman was giving me an IOI or IOD if she held up a sign.

14. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm in.

15. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I realized I have no idea how to do this problem. Hasan, help me, you're my only hope.

16. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's easy to make fun of these dorks, but at least they're thinking about these things, how to learn from their mistakes, and do better next time. They might be going about things in a misguided way, but they're trying to improve. Sadly enough, a lot of guys don't analyze social situations at all.

That's also why I have never ripped into these guys. When I see a bunch of people making fun of them, I always think to myself, "are all these posters wildly successful with women, and understand how to attract them better than 90% of pick-up guys?" So far, we have already had a virgin calling them out.

I'm not going to front, either; I think there are a lot of pick-up guys who are WAY more successful with women than I am. Good for them.

On a lighter note, one of my favorite comedy channels on Youtube are these guys;

#876 KIMaster, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should be thankful for the lack of mods; it's the only reason a racist (now against Jews as well as blacks!), crackhead, sexually harassing douche like you is still here. How many times did you get permabanned from the RMMB and here, anal rapist? Like 3?

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FIGHT! After school you guys are meeting in the parking lot and fighting, no ifs ands or buts about it. If either of you two chickens out you will be called a pussy for the rest of your life.

19. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, does he get to bring a hair brush? Also, are we even sure that this balding, crackhead, fatass can actually make it to the school without suffering a minor heart attack and requiring medical aid? I would hate for the state deficit to get worse because they will have to care for Ballsack.

20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did a paper on PUAs back in college for a social psychology course. I read the Game and found it enjoyable from an entertainment standpoint, but also remember thinking the whole community and method were at best sad and mechanical, and at worst, pathetic. The best way I found to explain it to people were alot of the people that get REALLY into and obsessed with this community have limited to no social skills or acumen and what the whole progression with kino, IOIs, and other BS does is almost boil down social interaction and courtship into a formulaic process with a number of boolean conditions if you want to think about it like that. Where normal guys would recognize the flow of a conversation when hitting on a girl, these guys need a specific sign or set of signs to move on to the next step. You could see that during that PUA show when Mystery and his band of idiots would be encouraging that strict adherence to steps.

The nerdy dudes that really buy into that I almost feel bad for, they just have no idea how to talk to girls and need something they can relate to. They always remind me of a kid I knew in college who read books on social interaction and social situations to get ready for interviews/working instead of going to parties or whatnot like a normal person. Its like expecting to be good at a video game cause you read the manual.

The far creepier ones are the ones who aren't quite as desperate or lacking in social ability, they just suck with girls so they really buy into the whole peacocking, negging, and other bullshit. Thats when its completely about sex and it gets truly skin crawling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.