Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spring Break/St Pats WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McSmallstuff, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's grating, irritating shit. I couldn't make it through more than 35 seconds of that abortion. Let me try to post a song that's unique and doesn't suck;

#1001 KIMaster, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was kinda surprised to see that guy's wikipedia article describe him as prog rock and heavy metal, since I get a Massive Attack vibe from the instrumentals and female vocals.

#1002 MoreCowbell, Mar 14, 2012
  3. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His songs are completely schizophrenic, even from one minute to the next. That track isn't very representative of his style; no crazy breakdowns, no abrupt tempo changes, only two vocalists, a much smaller range of instruments used, well under 6 minutes, and no bizarre time signatures. This is probably a more typical song;

#1003 KIMaster, Mar 14, 2012
  4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have yet to find a single source anywhere corroborating Crown Royal's Deadwood's Netflix revival claim. I'll believe it when I see it posted on any major entertainment site. He's just claimed via PM, he read it in a unspecified newspaper.

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. I think it's safe to say that once someone has performed on SNL, they've gone past the up-and-comer stage.

Karmin is interesting for about ten minutes (or alternatively measured, for about two listens of their "Look At Me Now" cover), because it's an intriguing mixture of legitimate singing ability with mile-a-minute flow. Once you realize they're not bringing anything else to the table and especially no creative additions, they fade to being more a gimmick than a compelling musical act.

For some reason this is their thing lately. My hipster roommate last year got really into rap, but only of the gulliest varieties. To quote him, "Come on dude, you know I only listen to goon rap." It was mystifying.

I can't imagine how boring it must be to be this reactionary about music.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every time Crown Royal talks about music, this comes to mind.

Haha, I'm guessing Ms. Monroe heard about Karmin way before she was mainstream? *Winkyface*

I'm so tired of hipsters. It's why I had to get the fuck out of New York and why I have to avoid an entire neighborhood in Chicago. I don't know what's worse, the Indie bands that fucking suck or the grand misappropriation of black culture that black people no longer care about. "Hey man, I'm listening to some old school Run DMC/LL Cool J/A Tribe Called Quest/Wu Tang Clan(only if they are really ballsy)." I want to treat them like Cartman treats hippies and the homeless.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views:
  7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I emailed the writer of the article in the paper, and he responded saying thatilch is only in talks right now. He is still unsure that he could re-assemble the cast. I asked him how he got this info. He did NOT respond. Netflix IS determined to buy the rights, though.

For now I suggest we all take the rumour with a grain of salt.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, reassembling the cast would be tough as fuck. Milch better do something, a third race horse died on the set of Luck and they shut down production of the second season. Honestly, the show is boring as fuck and since I hear nothing about it would think it's not taking off. It does have a kick ass opening theme from Massive Attack:

#1008 Kubla Kahn, Mar 14, 2012
  9. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait. So everyone can rag on those fag PUAs, but the second I go after a hipster of dubious talent and tell her to drown inside an animal's colon, *I'M* the jerk? This isn't even an argument of musical taste.

Oh, and Hayden Panitieirieireirieire likes to get punch fucked apparently. Midget punch fucked. That's the hottest midget fucking of all. <a class="postlink" href="http://jezebel.com/5892565/is-robert-downey-jr-spreading-insider-celeb-gossip-on-blogs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://jezebel.com/5892565/is-robert-do ... p-on-blogs</a>

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not that hard, two of them are Justified. One of them had a short stint on Dexter, and everyone else is wandering. HBO All-Stars will always be HBO All-Stars.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I'm gonna admit, I'm not really into hip-hop but I have a soft spot for early NWA.

13. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let me pose a hypothetical question to you all.

Let's say you are a recently hired, within the last month, employee. Would you, for no apparent reason, tell your boss that your older brother was arrested last night when the St. Bernard Parish Anti Drug Task Force kicked in the door of his house and found a fully functioning meth lab inside of it?

Would that be information any of you would share?

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sure.

If I suspected my boss were a meth head and I was looking to get promoted by becoming his dealer.

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welp, because my job hates its employees I'm off for the next 5 fucking days while they rotate shifts instead of putting people on that they desperately need. Which sucks because the new trend for the girls is wearing those tights that look like jeans/chinos and hugs their vaginas to the point of camel toe. Taking suggestions for what to do with myself.

Ideas:
    Knit a sweater out of back hair.

Drink heavily at dawn, stand naked at my door laughing at people driving to a much more lucrative, fulfilling job.

Work on my camel toe. Or moose knuckle if you prefer the nomenclature.

Make my own grain alcohol with an old water distiller.

Cry alone in the dark.

Watch The Notebook then cry alone in the dark.

Make the cat wear shoes. Laugh for 5 days straight.

Was it this guy?
    [​IMG]

16. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I would not. I am apparently not the norm. I just hired a guy monday, he told me on his first day that he almost split up with his wife of ten years and "I don't even know what started it". Also something I would not share with someone I'd just met.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Our admin assistant, having worked for us a grand total of 72 hours (calendar, not business), informed us that she couldn't be in the same room as hazelnut coffee because "hazelnut coffee is what the police officer was drinking when he came to investigate my husband's suicide. Every time I smell it, all I can picture is that shotgun and the guys cleaning up the blood and body parts with garbage bags".

That, I believe, qualifies as "TMI".

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Maybe. Only if I thought 1) It might impact my attendance and 2) if I thought being vague about "family issues" was going to cause suspicion/issues with my boss about missing time.

19. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe if my first month was really shitty.

20. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's a requirement for white iPods to have A Tribe Called Quest on them. They eat that shit up, and God only knows why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.