Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spring Break/St Pats WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McSmallstuff, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, it's a total double standard and while it doesn't necessarily make you gay, I will quote the great George Costanza:

"It doesn't help."

Once it leaves me, feel free to do whatever you'd like with it, but there are no returns. Not even with a receipt.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I guess it's just something that naturally bothers most guys, like women when it comes to killing a spider.

SCIENCE!!!

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate basketball. Yet I love this March Madness. I think I could find an interest in anything if gambling was involved.

4. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Someone I went to high school with just posted pics of her new baby girl. Named Anallyse.

That kid's nickname is going to be Anal. Or Anally.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Any parent that gives their kid a name that will result in childhood torment should be thrown into a volcano dome. Like morons who name their son Leslie

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Apparently you don't know kids very well. Doesn't matter what you name your kid, other kids will find a way to make fun of them for it. And frankly, any parent who names their kid out of fear their kid will get picked on for it is an idiot.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Apparently you don't have kids. I will bet my life savings that more than ninety percent of parents in the west take that into serious considertaion. In fact, I KNOW it.

And I know kids VERY well. I own one myself.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love Homer Simpson's line when he's trying to figure out if Bart's name will be easily made fun of when he is older, "Bart? Hmm Art, Cart, Dart, Eeeart,............ nope nothing wrong there."

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You would think parents in the East would begin practicing this also that way their kids wouldn't come running any time someone drops a metal frying pan.

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So she named her child a homonym of Anal Ease?

Along those notes, here's the Name of the Year tournament. Sure your life may suck, but at least your parents didn't name you Neptune Pringle III.

11. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not only was that my first thought upon reading that post, but I wound up putting in that episode of The Simpsons and watching it.

My wife and I have gone back and forth on a lot of baby names. I can say honestly that we both take into account names that will be made fun of. We want something you don't hear every day, and something that can't be easily made fun of. Those were the two guidelines.

12. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I will add $500 to her education fund if you name her TiBette.

Just throwing that out there.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Find a list of towns in Poland. Pick one at random. You won't hear it every day, and kids won't even be able to pronounce it, let alone think of a way to make fun of it.

*NB: Remove Gdynia and Krakow from the list.

14. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Or drops a spoon down the stairs.

15. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, my first choice for name was Lisa, after Lisa Simpson. I got shot down quickly. I would've also been okay with Zelda, but again, shot down. In the second case, it is probably a good thing.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My best friends wife is pregnant with a girl right now. He told me that he convinced her to let him name the baby Samus Aran.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tried a few geeky but normal sounding names (i.e. Diana, after Wonder Woman) but my wife knew what I was doing and quickly said "no geek names!" Damn it. I hate that she is smarter than me.

As for Samus, I suggested it as a joke, to hopefully lighten my suggestion of Zelda. I also suggested "Peach" as a joke, but quite frankly, Peach would result in entirely too many jokes.

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I keep telling my girlfriend that when we have a kid, we are going to name him Jack. It's a good, simple, strong name. Jack Shepard? Jack Bauer? Can't go wrong, right?

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

This makes no damn sense to me. First of all, you can't really have it both ways. Having an uncommon name in and of itself leads to being teased about your name. But more importantly, why would you let a bunch of bratty kids constrain your choices? Who fucking cares. As someone with an uncommon ethnic name, the teasing I got for it as a kid was well worth the cost of having a name that, as an adult, people (women) tell me is awsome. Also, and maybe it's just me, but since my last name is also very ethnic people would also make fun of my last name and that bothered me a lot more than people teasing me for my first name.

Pick a name you like that sounds good and fuck what anyone else thinks or may say.

20. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A good rule is to avoid the glottal stop between the first and last name. Ex. Nick Crane.

Another good rule is to make sure it sounds good when you are angry at them. This means a good middle name. A dental plosive is always good to start a middle name (t or d)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.